Two Years After MML3 was Cancelled Capcom Explain its Cancellation

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're WRONG, why? because the TRUE HARDCORE mega man fanbase says so and you, and everyone who defends those Mega Man Legends nonsense, will ALWAYS be wrong, it's as simple as that.
Oh, now I see. I'm wrong because I enjoy a game that you admitted to enjoying too. With that kind of logic, you should move to the United States. You'd do great in Congress.

Anyways... I'm just hoping Capcom goes under, and sells their assets off. We need a company that can treat Megaman how he deserves to be treated.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, you're WRONG, why? because the TRUE HARDCORE mega man fanbase says so and you, and everyone who defends those Mega Man Legends nonsense, will ALWAYS be wrong, it's as simple as that.

That argument seriously sounds childish.
So, I've played most of the Megaman games, be it NES, SNES, GB, GBA, DS, PSX and so on, I've played all the numbered games and beat them all, however I've also played the Battle Network and Star Force games and enjoyed them. They were different types of games and the only thing in common in those games was the iconic Megaman character (and some others like Roll, Protoman, etc), they were role-playing games with an original setting and attracted a lot of new fans to the series to the point it even got an anime that was popular enough to be localised in the US and Europe.
If you consider a hardcore fan someone that's blind and can't accept new things, then, sure, if you say so. However that would be the same as people that only like the original Mario games say that Paper Mario, Mario RPG and so on are crap, and just because they're supposedly "Hardcore" they're right?

Given that there were tons of Megaman BN and two SF games plus the anime kids nowadays know Megaman better from those games than from the classic platformer. Also for a company what matters is money, they don't care about a small amount of hardcore fans, they care about what will give them the most money and that's probably why Legends wasn't released (or any Megaman game after that), yet Street Fighter keeps being rehashed.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Capcom will never ever stop kicking Megaman fan in the teeth. Just stop buying Capcom titles and get over it.

Stop talking about Capcom and their IP. Don't even mention it and generate interest. They are going for whatever word of mouth they can get at this point.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why people still care for MML 3? NOBODY CARES!! :evil: The legends games are one of the most hated MM by the TRUE megaman fans, and obviously it was a GOOD thing that it was cancelled. I don't even know the original mega man games, or even played the MMX games, heck I even played Legends games on their time and I kinda liked'em but my opinion doesn't matters because it's inferior to the opinion of the TRUE MM fans :angry:

You have no idea what true MM fans are like if you aren't one yourself. I'm a Mega Man fan through and through and have been since I was 4, and I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Stop being a retard. The Legend games are great fun.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The same thing can be said about just about every other fanbase.
I've told him the same thing in the past. But to him, Mega Man fans in particular are somehow inherently more immature, childish, whiny, rude, and undeserving of new entries in the series they like, apparently. Never mind the fact that EVERY fanbase of anything ever has its share of immature people. :rolleyes: (Do keep in mind that the post where he said this was from like January, so some time has passed and maybe he doesn't feel that way anymore.)

Reactions: Hikaru

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've told him the same thing in the past. But to him, Mega Man fans in particular are somehow inherently more immature, childish, whiny, rude, and undeserving of new entries in the series they like, apparently. Never mind the fact that EVERY fanbase of anything ever has its share of immature people. :rolleyes: (Do keep in mind that the post where he said this was from like January, so some time has passed and maybe he doesn't feel that way anymore.)
Apparently he still thinks that way. Oh well, everyone's entitled to their opinions, no matter how moronic.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why people still care for MML 3? NOBODY CARES!! :evil: The legends games are one of the most hated MM by the TRUE megaman fans, and obviously it was a GOOD thing that it was cancelled. I don't even know the original mega man games, or even played the MMX games, heck I even played Legends games on their time and I kinda liked'em but my opinion doesn't matters because it's inferior to the opinion of the TRUE MM fans :angry:

Read these posts and read them again. How do you fall for troll/satire as obvious as this?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read these posts and read them again. How do you fall for troll/satire as obvious as this?
Because, I know how idiotic people can be. So, it's entirely possible that he/she is being serious. It's no more ridiculous than any fanboyness you may see here or elsewhere. Just replace hating Legends with hating Xbox, Nintendo, Sony, Muslims, etc. You know, highly volatile topics.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read what "Greg" wrote.....and i call BS!!!!!!!!:angry: CRAPcom lead the fans by short and curlys from the start. They promised the game as release title for the 3DS. (Which was the reason i bought one on day one.) But then after a couple weeks they said that they had a DEMO for us to buy. (Never came) Then they uped and cancelled. This greg guy is nothing more than a paid PR guy trying to rewrite history. I Still am very PISSSSSSSSSS over what they did. The only thing they have done is released the old titles on the on-line shop in hopes of milking the fans with little effort. (No thank you , I have a DS2) :nayps3:

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real reason: It would be fucking stupid to put development cash into a new game in series that never really sold well even on a console like the first Playstation. Even making a game in a Mega Man series that has sold better would be stupid at that moment in time and even now because Mega Man fans who buy games are in a minority.

You know a series is screwed when Capcom would rather do a Japanese only Lost Planet spin-off.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Real reason: It would be fucking stupid to put development cash into a new game in series that never really sold well even on a console like the first Playstation. Even making a game in a Mega Man series that has sold better would be stupid at that moment in time and even now because Mega Man fans who buy games are in a minority.
Sources? Numbers? The original apparently sold well enough to spawn both a spinoff and a sequel, and inspire enough of Capcom's confidence in the series to leave a cliffhanger at the end of 2, meaning they intended to make another at least originally.

And Mega Man has a pretty freaking huge fanbase. I remember hearing somewhere that the more recent Mega Man games didn't sell as well as older ones, but I highly doubt they sold so poorly that they weren't decently profitable.

P

pasc

Rubbing salt in the wound WTF !

The fact that they say "It was a mistake to reveal this game so early" is moot.

They could still remedy that big mistake by uncanceling the game, till then:
I don't care what they have to say about it anymore, words aren't what inact changes, actions are..

They have been in the business for so many years and had many smash success hit games.

I doubt this game would've been a financial failure at all.

I think they just don't feel like Megaman Games anymore.

They lost their touch in that regard.

The Advance and DS were the only handhelds they still gave any damn about in that regard...

Seriously...

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubbing salt in the wound WTF !

The fact that they say "It was a mistake to reveal this game so early" is moot.

They could still remedy that big mistake by uncanceling the game, till then:
I don't care what they have to say about it anymore, words aren't what inact changes, actions are..

They have been in the business for so many years and had many smash success hit games.

I doubt this game would've been a financial failure at all.

I think they just don't feel like Megaman Games anymore.

They lost their touch in that regard.

The Advance and DS were the only handhelds they still gave any damn about in that regard...

Seriously...
I don't think Capcom dislikes Mega( )man now. I think they just don't know how to make a video game anymore without a multimillion dollar budget.

What I think they should do now is make one or two lower scale Mega( )man games (not anything stupid like Mega Man X Street Fighter), get some Mega hype, and then get back to work on Legends 3 (or just give the rights to someone else and have them make it now). They haven't released an actual Mega( )man title in 5 years (excluding Mega Man 10), and that was Star Force 3, a spin-off of a spin-off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)