Two Years After MML3 was Cancelled Capcom Explain its Cancellation

P

pasc

Well, however even those "spin-offs" have more worth in them than anything megaman related they produce nowadays.

You shoul also know that there are two kind of megaman people:

the RPG people and the Jump n Run ppl.

Don't get in flame wars with either of them, it won't end well.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know there was ever plans to make a MML3. I also barely even knew there was a second one >.<
Get with the times, girlfriend! Legends 2 >>> Legends 1.
Well, however even those "spin-offs" have more worth in them than anything megaman related they produce nowadays.

You shoul also know that there are two kind of megaman people:

the RPG people and the Jump n Run ppl.

Don't get in flame wars with either of them, it won't end well.
I like both of them (but I prefer the RPG kind). I was talking about Starforce 3, which was a spin off of Battle Network, which was a spin off itself. I enjoyed both, though.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Capcom dislikes Mega( )man now. I think they just don't know how to make a video game anymore without a multimillion dollar budget.

What I think they should do now is make one or two lower scale Mega( )man games (not anything stupid like Mega Man X Street Fighter), get some Mega hype, and then get back to work on Legends 3 (or just give the rights to someone else and have them make it now). They haven't released an actual Mega( )man title in 5 years (excluding Mega Man 10), and that was Star Force 3, a spin-off of a spin-off.
That and the fact that they don't know how to make further money off of that franchise, because of the fact that you get everything you need in the game. From game plot, to weapons, armor and other power-ups, it's all in game. That's why when they brought Mega Man X to iOS, they had an option to buy all power ups and armor in the game, to make an extra return. Also, why the new X-Over game has a lot of micro transactions, but a free app, so it's not just a one time buy. So, this social app may be the future for the MegaMan Series, that and rereleases of older games.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That and the fact that they don't know how to make further money off of that franchise, because of the fact that you get everything you need in the game. From game plot, to weapons, armor and other power-ups, it's all in game. That's why when they brought Mega Man X to iOS, they had an option to buy all power ups and armor in the game, to make an extra return. Also, why the new X-Over game has a lot of micro transactions, but a free app, so it's not just a one time buy. So, this social app may be the future for the MegaMan Series, that and rereleases of older games.
Don't even say that, you might give them ideas! Pretty much everything has microtransactions now... I even saw a commercial for a Lord of the Rings app that is basically the same crap you can find 100x over on flash game websites and the like.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't even say that, you might give them ideas! Pretty much everything has microtransactions now... I even saw a commercial for a Lord of the Rings app that is basically the same crap you can find 100x over on flash game websites and the like.

I don't mean to give them ideas, but that looks to be their direction now. They don't just want to break even, they want a return and even profit with their games, and the only ways they see now that are reasonable are DLC and microtransactions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BakerMan, Interesting trivia about dictionaries and Psi, I'm a direct descendant of the guy... +1