Homebrew TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 766,829
  • Replies 2,436
  • Likes 102

Are you interested in a complete replacement of TwlBg which includes all patches?

• Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

Votes: 188 79.3%
  • No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

Votes: 17 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Raylight, @Robz8, and @Hyper99: the patcher is 64bit, and the patcher can both accept the the DECRYPTED .app, extracted .firm (ctrtool extracts it as exefs.bin), or section0.bin from the .firm as long as it's named section0.bin

Thanks @Sono, Does this patch include both the widescreen option and improved image quality in general for other games right?

Did you manage to use Lanczos to further improve the image or that wasn't the intention of this patch?

Apologies if I misunderstood something, I've been following the thread closely but many things fly over my head.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Nope. As I said, this only includes patches, not scale matrixes. But it doesn't matter, because this patcher is for widescreen-only, and the widescreen patch writes an identity (which produces the input) into the X matrix unit, so it doesn't really matter.

I did nothing since the last status update I posted. It's too warm and too low air pressure, and my brain is just disabled from it.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, Sono! It works great in conjunction with TWLMenu++.
One small issue I've noticed (not sure if it's intentional) is there are still small black bars on both sides of the screen. They're much smaller than they were before the patch, but they're still there.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, Sono! It works great in conjunction with TWLMenu++.
One small issue I've noticed (not sure if it's intentional) is there are still small black bars on both sides of the screen. They're much smaller than they were before the patch, but they're still there.
It's due to a limitation in the matrix hardware.

Reactions: DSoryu and Sono

Hyper99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Raylight, @Robz8, and @Hyper99: the patcher is 64bit, and the patcher can both accept the the DECRYPTED .app, extracted .firm (ctrtool extracts it as exefs.bin), or section0.bin from the .firm as long as it's named section0.bin

Nope. As I said, this only includes patches, not scale matrixes. But it doesn't matter, because this patcher is for widescreen-only, and the widescreen patch writes an identity (which produces the input) into the X matrix unit, so it doesn't really matter.

I did nothing since the last status update I posted. It's too warm and too low air pressure, and my brain is just disabled from it.
64 bit? Well, that explains everything

Filipe Diniz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cin.ufpe.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! Congratulations for your work! I`m a huge fan of you guys!

Is the Original Patch somehow necessery in order to the widescreen to work?

I`m asking because i`ve followed the tutorial (twice already: using the '1000' and the '1010'), already updated the TWL Cias... the Luma external modules are set... I really dont have a clue where is the problem.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Congratulations for your work! I`m a huge fan of you guys!

Is the Original Patch somehow necessery in order to the widescreen to work?

I`m asking because i`ve followed the tutorial (twice already: using the '1000' and the '1010'), already updated the TWL Cias... the Luma external modules are set... I really dont have a clue where is the problem.
Are you referring to the instructions in my thread?
Oh wait, is the "sysmodules" folder in the "luma" folder on the SD root?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3