Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi!
This is pure speculation but do you think that TX license key could actually be the master keys combined with LayeredFS (modified) to decrypt and run card games backups on the fly?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
it needs to be different for everyone. Also the master keys are way too long to be a feasable license key. License keys serve the purpose of making sure you didn't steal their software.

That makes sense!
But the reason why I'm saying this is that the licence seems tied to your device or OS for some reason. If it were some sort of code, why aren't they sharing those though emails already? The licence could be in that format as well: licence.dat

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!
This is pure speculation but do you think that TX license key could actually be the master keys combined with LayeredFS (modified) to decrypt and run card games backups on the fly?
Lol no

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That makes sense!
But the reason why I'm saying this is that the licence seems tied to your device or OS for some reason. If it were some sort of code, why aren't they sharing those though emails already? The licence could be in that format as well: licence.dat
Nah the license is a code that you put while you are using sx os
And it generate a file which you need to upload to their website to get a pass to be able to use the sx os at is full potential

Reactions: The9thBit

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A license key isn't a sort of code. Compare it with your computer for example. Your computer has a serial number which uniquely identifies the device and your operating system (e.g. Windows) also uses a unique license key to verify that you have bought an original copy of the program.

Reactions: jakibaki

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
A license key isn't a sort of code. Compare it with your computer for example. Your computer has a serial number which uniquely identifies the device and your operating system (e.g. Windows) also uses a unique license key to verify that you have bought an original copy of the program.

Thanks for the explanation.
Now considering there are pretty much serial key generators around, this must be why no one received their licence yet.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it needs to be different for everyone. Also the master keys are way too long to be a feasable license key. License keys serve the purpose of making sure you didn't steal their software.
So, how effective is this method? Is it the same method that gets cracked by all those torrents for pirated programs?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Nah the license is a code that you put while you are using sx os
And it generate a file which you need to upload to their website to get a pass to be able to use the sx os at is full potential

Ah I see!
Then the security is not that efficient! Once someone gets their hands on this pass, a key generator is easily made!
And come to think of it (this is speculation again!) TX might be trying to quickly make money so that even if their OS is cracked open, they'd have made sufficient profit. This could also explain why no one (even those who only ordered licence for the OS) didn't get their device/licence yet!
At this rate one could assume everyone who ordered will be delivered at the same time (I know...it's unlikely).

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah I see!
Then the security is not that efficient! Once someone gets their hands on this pass, a key generator is easily made!
And come to think of it (this is speculation again!) TX might be trying to quickly make money so that even if their OS is cracked open, they'd have made sufficient profit. This could also explain why no one (even those who only ordered licence for the OS) didn't get their device/licence yet!
At this rate one could assume everyone who ordered will be delivered at the same time (I know...it's unlikely).
What the fuck are you saying dude
We don’t know anything more than that
It will be surely hard to crack
I forgot to tell you that the pass is unique for each console

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
What the fuck are you saying dude
We don’t know anything more than that
It will be surely hard to crack
I forgot to tell you that the pass is unique for each console

Chill dude! This is discussion only.
As you said yourself: you don't know.
We'll have to see if it'll be that hard to crack once it's release!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
It will be because it isn't like there is only one key. Every single buyer has a different one. Do you know how software protectino works?

Come on! The Switch arguably one year ago was seen as a very secure device and look what it's become today. Why? Because of the high interest for hackers to pry it open! TX product is much anticipated today and will likely have a lot of attention after it's released.
And yes I know how software protection works (no need for those smarty comments).

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Come on! The Switch arguably one year ago was seen as a very secure device and look what it's become today. Why? Because of the high interest for hackers to pry it open! TX product is much anticipated today and will likely have a lot of attention after it's released.
And yes I know how software protection works (no need for those smarty comments).
No it’s because of nvidia fault.
The os itself is very very secure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D