TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To the extent that PC's will use it in their lifespan?

IDK, I think they might keep with it forever. It's a good seller to the average consumer. And it seems like a decent way to render lighting, once it becomes a normal consumer product at least.

Likely why they are keeping the 3070 cost lower, they want as many people to adopt the new idea as possible. I'd guess in the next few years some even cheaper gpu's will come out. (Where's the 3060 and 3050??)

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they do something like this with one of the earlier games, where they released a trailer with beautiful graphics, and then intentionally released the final product with significantly downgraded graphics?

Yep, the original, in fact! And PC modders actually found those graphics still in the files and applied it to their version!

IDK, I think they might keep with it forever. It's a good seller to the average consumer. And it seems like a decent way to render lighting, once it becomes a normal consumer product at least.

Likely why they are keeping the 3070 cost lower, they want as many people to adopt the new idea as possible. I'd guess in the next few years some even cheaper gpu's will come out. (Where's the 3060 and 3050??)

I still think ray-tracing is going to be the 4K of this generation: too impractical for consoles, and really, not something that I think everyone will get on board with.

It feels like we're at a point with not just graphics, but technology where all we're seeing improved is bigger numbers, which is fine in the case of framerates, but resolution? I just don't know that people want higher res everything (including audio in this) over not having to delete games off of a HDD/SSD or buy another of the storage devices just to be able to store everything without having to re-download everything. When people have to start worrying about data caps and the like, I think that's when you'll start seeing them drop off of gaming altogether.

You see, MK9, on my PC, is maybe 10+ GBs tops when installed, which I'd say is reasonable for a fighting game. Now, with MK11, it takes up, like 80 GBs, if not 100 on my installation!

Like, what's in the game that has it eating up that much space!? It's a fighting game, not some open world RPG like The Witcher 3, and Tekken 7 eats up about as much room!

I've had one or two instances in trying out this Linux distro and switching back to Windows where I've had to re-install the games, and next thing you know, my parents are coming to me complaining about all of the data being used up. A fighting game doesn't need frickin' .wav for all of its audio, and it doesn't need 4K textures and, if I'm to be quite honest in regards to MK11's kustomization, a bunch of re-colors of skins that good costumes could have filled the hole of without all of the BS grinding. Even then, what is in the 80+ GBs of some of these games releasing nowadays!?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the clip showing the top of Brixton Academy on the corner that’s really cool! I wander if it also shows the end? That would be awesome. I have played & been present in that club ovr the years so many times this game looks really cool showing London in a more futuristic environment.

Last edited by Reecey,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
(This game can seriously be beat in 10 minutes?)[/QUOTE]
really? Like Duck Tales for GB. It took me also about 11min. long long time ago. After I focused more on RPG, with a slightly better playtime/money ratio.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't say I am in any way enthused by that. Possibly my general indifference to London but at the same time I did not mind some of the things the Getaway did (Getaway had a nice enough setup, nice enough story but almost like they forgot to actually make it an enjoyable game).

The first Watch_dogs had some serious potential but from what I saw of the second they went a complete other direction to what I imagined would have worked. This does not look like they walked it back there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1