• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Misc Ukraine Makes Official Request To Ban Atomic Heart Sales Worldwide

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I personally find sanctions to hurt the world and everyday people rather than it does to deter support from their supposed non-elected leaders. I'd argue that the burden imposed on people won't be recognized as the free world trying to protect them. Besides that, the "promotes communism" argument is a gem.

Will this backfire and promote sales? Will people fall in love with the USSR and jump ship to supporting Russia because of this game?

Of course arguments can be made of contradicting opinions. We'll see how it works out, unless the propaganda gets priority.

• Haha
Reactions: OM3GAZX and caipora

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Being that modern Russia operates on a state-run capitalist system much like China, there is an argument to be made that some of the profits from the game will make their way to the Kremlin, and I don't mean solely in the form of tax. It's up to the individual whether they want to risk that or not.

That said, Ukraine was late to the party on this one, no chance sales get banned after they've already gone live worldwide. Additionally, a lack of finances isn't even in the top ten reasons why Russia is losing to Ukraine and failing to make advances in their invasion. The upper echelons of both Russia's military and government are irredeemably corrupt, they provide little to no training for their troops, and they're incapable of manufacturing modern equipment/vehicles. There are even some reports of Russian mobilized infantry being sent to the front lines with the equivalent of Airsoft guns.

Nobody's fickle enough to start supporting imperialism over a video game, especially a knock-off Bioshock with terrible dialogue, so this isn't about to move the needle where public opinion is concerned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!