uLaunch - custom, open source Nintendo Switch HOME menu reimplementation

uLaunch

uLaunch is a custom, open-source Nintendo Switch HOME menu replacement/reimplementation!

screenshot.jpg

This isn't some kind of HOME menu extension, injection, patch, etc.: uLaunch is an entire reimplementation (of key components), 100% open-source!

Let uLaunch be the HOME menu Nintendo never bothered to make!

Last edited by XorTroll,

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I've released uLaunch v0.3.6! Go check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch/releases/tag/0.3.6

This is another support version, working fine with latest Atmosphère, while the big uLaunch rewrite is being finished.

As always, a big thank you to all the people who helped with the project!

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the best theming option rn?
this is great for customizing. but it eats up quite a bit of memory (from my experience) so using other sys-modules (tesla being the biggest perpetrator) will cause the console to crash. if your only looking for themeing, as lordelan said, nxtheme combined with themezer is the best choice

Reactions: lordelan

nraudigy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This crashes on Atmosphere 17
Post automatically merged:

this is great for customizing. but it eats up quite a bit of memory (from my experience) so using other sys-modules (tesla being the biggest perpetrator) will cause the console to crash. if your only looking for themeing, as lordelan said, nxtheme combined with themezer is the best choice
Can those add lockscreen PIN like uLaunch?

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I've released uLaunch v0.3.7! Go check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch/releases/tag/0.3.7

This is merely another support update, working fine for 17.0.1 / Atmosphère 1.6.2, while uLaunch's rewrite is being finished.
As always, a big thank you to all the people who helped supporting, testing, finding bugs and suggesting improvements for this and my other projects!

lashybean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks super awesome. I’m assuming “controller management” is referring to the usual switch controller menu, but it would be awesome if the controller button mapping menu could be thrown into the controller menu instead of buried at the bottom of the system settings

GatoFiestero

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I've released uLaunch v0.3.7! Go check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch/releases/tag/0.3.7

This is merely another support update, working fine for 17.0.1 / Atmosphère 1.6.2, while uLaunch's rewrite is being finished.
As always, a big thank you to all the people who helped supporting, testing, finding bugs and suggesting improvements for this and my other projects!
Wow, uLaunch is back? I remember this themes they were amazing.

Any theme gallery to test it?

Herculeex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We are really rooting for you on the rewrite man. We'd love to use it

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I've released uLaunch v0.3.8! Go check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch/releases/tag/0.3.8

This is yet another support update, working fine for 18.0.0 / Atmosphère 1.7.0, while uLaunch's rewrite is (slowly) being finished.

I've also updated this post like my other project posts, to make it more visual and clean, while all the details of the project are neatly explained on GitHub

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is using uLaunch safe on sysnand? I'm using CFW on sysnand with mods and homebrew and would love to move on from nxthemes and try uLaunch.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is using uLaunch safe on sysnand? I'm using CFW on sysnand with mods and homebrew and would love to move on from nxthemes and try uLaunch.
If you're asking about using it while online, and the potential of getting banned from Nintendo services, my first guess would be hell no, it's not safe. At least without dnsmitm... If telemetry is recorded that shows use of this "flog" thing (I'm not even sure what that is), that is normally not used, then it's not safe on sysnand in the slightest. if you care about being banned, you shouldn't use this on sysnand.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: hippy dave

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're asking about using it while online, and the potential of getting banned from Nintendo services, my first guess would be hell no, it's not safe. At least without dnsmitm...
If you're using sys nand and are worried about getting banned but are also using or looking into using dnsmitm than someones priorities are all messed up

The whole point of emunand Is to not have to do all this to your sysnand and have to worry about it getting banned.

It doesn't compute just do it the proper way lmao (I know its not you this is just a general statement)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4