Homebrew Ultimate NDS Slot-1 Emulator Resource List

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
Probs bout time this thread got updated Nero, if u got some time?

I know theres a few new homebrew emulators and definately updates to the ones already on this list.

I don't anywhere else actually has a list like this (at least not that I can find
frown.gif
) so it would be cool if it could be kept up to date. Maybe someone else could take over?

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaron91 said:
irpacynot said:
Rugapand said:
First of all awesome thread!

Why hasen't it been updated!?(I mean there are many new updates and some emus not represented here)

(or why is there no thread that imitates what Nero has done?, quite well I might add)

And does anyone know how well these work on CycloDs evo?

Yeah, this thread needs an update, and yes, many of the emus work fine on the Evo card.

Probably the main update for this topic would be NeoDS, if for no other reason because folks can now play all the games from the Metal Slug series, and they run amazingly well on the emu.

Metal Slug X always freezes for me at the start up screen. They don't all work.

Metal Slug X works great for me. Although I made the mistake of patching it with the US bios first, no blood = no fun.

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Q: Umm.. MAME/Arcade games, what about KOF!?
A: Nope. DS isn't capable of it. If you're looking for Arcade Portability, I suggest getting a PSP. dry.gif
Well. Actually, you can emulate the early arcade games on the DS.

NeoDS can play KOF, Garou MOTW, etc

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SPeccyDS is not 'the only spectrum emulator' and ZXDS is by far the superior emulator, in fact as far as emulation goes it one of the best emulators in general all around.
Capable of emulating most Spectrum models ( 48K, 128K , Pentagon...) it has near perfect compatibility, reads almost any type of snapshot out there ( tap,tzx,sna,z80...),has optimized sound and graphics and it even forces the DS display to be rifreshed at 50fps just like the original machine outputs its video signal !(it makes for a smoother rendering of the screen).
Plus is compatible with the russian clones and accepts TRD disk images..unheard of for a portable speccy emulator....
Skinnable and customizable menus...you name it, this emulator is rock solid.
SpeccyDS had a great start and was very promising, but it seems it's not updated anymore and it's only limited to 48K emulation, which lives a big chunk of games unplayable and sound emulation only supports what it was an internal beeper, not the AY sound chipset which was used at the time to play in-game music.
Thanks for the list, it's certainly very useful, but some links appear to be broken already, I tried to download some of the emulators and it wouldn't work, but all in all a solid list.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bravo 123 said:
Does the SNEmulDS have a cheat code function?Can it use AR codes?
You can embed Game Genie codes directly into the SNES rom with SNESPatch, but it doesn't have a built-in cheat function, no.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly on my G6 Real.

SNES games are still a bit buggy however, so I'll stick to playing them on my computer with the PS3 sixaxis. (many thanks to the guy who made the sixaxis computer drivers!)

WolfyP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new here, but I have a quick question...is anyone else experiencing problems with jEnesisDS? I am unable to play Beyond Oasis, Puggsy, and Bubble and Squeak using this emu. The games work on Picodrive (I think that's what it is called), but since that emu has no sound it takes a lot of the fun/retro feel out of playing. Any solutions or advice out there?

Smokescale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who for some reason cannot actually see the list of emulators anymore? It's as though it has been completely removed. In fact, the whole site has been acting kinda funny lately. It wouldn't let me into a particular board or thread unless I was logged in, it just sent me back to the front page. This was not the case when last I visited.

Any idea what's going on?

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Smokescale said:
Am I the only one who for some reason cannot actually see the list of emulators anymore? It's as though it has been completely removed. In fact, the whole site has been acting kinda funny lately. It wouldn't let me into a particular board or thread unless I was logged in, it just sent me back to the front page. This was not the case when last I visited.

Any idea what's going on?
I can't see it either. No idea what's going on, but whatever it is, chances are a mod, admin or someone else has at least some idea of what's causing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong