Hacking Question "Unable to start software" on all but a couple of my NSP games even after installing sig patches.

Greenbuds420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 17 NSP games on my switch today and only 2 work, all the rest of them are saying unable to start.

I did some searching and came to the conclusion that I might not have the sigpatches so i followed this guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Th8ndgcKo

& I'm still having the same problem. I even tried re-installing the games after putting those sigpatch files on my SD card.

I'm on 10.0.2 using hekate

I'm positive the guide I used is up to date. I also used sdsetup.com for all my files and made sure to check the sig patches box.

The switch is banned and can't access online services.

EDIT: Someone suggested I inject fusee payload and now in addition to my initial problems, now some games are saying their corrupted and have a “!” by their name, while others are still giving me the same “unable to start software” error.

The new problems are now happening even when I inject and launch from hekate.

Last edited by Greenbuds420,

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you get data corruption notifications? Are those 2 games that work relatively older games or games which don't require heavy CPU/GPU power?

It might have something to do with the method you started your CFW and whether background services are running. Did you use the `Launch' option in Hekate or did you select a payload like fusee-primary.bin to start your CFW?

Greenbuds420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you get data corruption notifications? Are those 2 games that work relatively older games or games which don't require heavy CPU/GPU power?

It might have something to do with the method you started your CFW and whether background services are running. Did you use the `Launch' option in Hekate or did you select a payload like fusee-primary.bin to start your CFW?

The 2 games that are working are Mario Odyssey & Spyro. I don’t know what a data corruption notification is so I can’t answer that.

Nothing is running in the background, and I inject Hekate, click “launch”, and launch the CFW

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 2 games that are working are Mario Odyssey & Spyro. I don’t know what a data corruption notification is so I can’t answer that.

Nothing is running in the background, and I inject Hekate, click “launch”, and launch the CFW

Okay, Mario Odyssey is a relatively old game, don't know about Spyro but the reason why I asked was because I ran into a similar problem and the problem turned out to be the way I started my CFW. But that does not seem to be the case for you then.

So what happens if you select a non-working game? The game opens and you get to see "Unable to start." right? Does the game show an "!" next to its name in the home menu? What happens if you try to open it again?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

try launching vanilla atmosphere with fusee payload (also get patches for atmosphere)

Greenbuds420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try launching vanilla atmosphere with fusee payload (also get patches for atmosphere)

I injected the fusee payload and now my problems are worse than ever.

In addition to my initial problems, now some games are saying their corrupted and have a “!” by their name, while others are still giving me the same “unable to start software” error.

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

In addition to my initial problems, now some games are saying their corrupted and have a “!” by their name, while others are still giving me the same “unable to start software” error.

When launching from Hekate and selecting a game which previously worked and now has an "!" next to it, let the data corruption check run once and after it is finished, click it away. Even if it failed, the game should launch again.

As for the games that still don't work, I believe a mismatch between firmware/cfw version/payload/sd files/sig patches is most likely the issue. A clean install with the newest sdsetup.com files could do the trick.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

dude, reinstall all your atmos files (delete old ones, install latest fresh atmos), get patches and install back your games, all problems solved

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i had that same issue after update from 8.1.0 to 9.0.0 and the only way i found of fixing it is to make ticketless dumps of your installed games and reinstall them mostly you only need to do this on base nsp you can do that with nxdumptool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A chair fit for royalty