raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thegame07 said:
Human Centipede that is all.... Look it up, fucking disgusting and stupid.
Lol I saw that 3 weeks ago, coz a friend of mine saw it and said that it sucked massively
tongue.gif

It isn't that bad for the first 60 minutes (or so), but then it just gets tedious and ridiculous.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
thegame07 said:
Lol I saw that 3 weeks ago, coz a friend of mine saw it and said that it sucked massively
tongue.gif

It isn't that bad for the first 60 minutes (or so), but then it just gets tedious and ridiculous.

Agreed. I watched some of it, was bored to death with the fact it's completely tame, and reminded everyone The Prune Bros. was much much worse.

Protip: Don't look up The Prune Bros. You're asking for a really bad day.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
SubliminalSegue said:
raulpica said:
thegame07 said:
tongue.gif

Agreed. I watched some of it, was bored to death with the fact it's completely tame, and reminded everyone The Prune Bros. was much much worse.

I did, and ......
mellow.gif

It wasn't gross (then again I closed it after she said 'STICK IT IN THERE!') but the things people do for attention these days
unsure.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NiGHtS said:
SubliminalSegue said:
raulpica said:
thegame07 said:
tongue.gif

I did, and ......
mellow.gif

It wasn't gross (then again I closed it after she said 'STICK IT IN THERE!') but the things people do for attention these days
unsure.gif
Oh my gawsh, some friends were describing Human Centipede to me and I almost threw up on the spot.
It's a movie? I thought it was just like.. some sort of stupid short video... like 2 Girls 1 Cup.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
NiGHtS said:
SubliminalSegue said:
raulpica said:
thegame07 said:
tongue.gif

I did, and ......
mellow.gif

unsure.gif
Oh my gawsh, some friends were describing Human Centipede to me and I almost threw up on the spot.
It's a movie? I thought it was just like.. some sort of stupid short video... like 2 Girls 1 Cup.

No it's one of those low budget, no name movies. It was just the first part.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, Where's my Car is the worse movie I have saw. Purple One-Eyed People Eater (Yes its a movie) that one...is worse than Barney the Movie. I'm not joking at all! Sweety Todd was forgettable, so its bad in my book. The Spirit...yeah that movie was plain god awful and yet it was a family movie night so it didn't matter.

Stepbrothers was the only movie I enjoyed, it was also my first movie I saw by myself. Also 'There Will Be Blood' is strangely enjoyable to my taste. Anything with Tim Burton these days I will see in a heartbeat (I forgot Caroline, why?). The Alice in Wonderland is debatable since the tone is darker and obscure at first. Later on to the film you realize it an amnesia gimmick so it becomes blunt of what happens next.

I barely see any movies these days, I had yet to watch The Dark Knight, Shrek 2,3, and Forever.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Canonbeat234 said:
Dude, Where's my Car is the worse movie I have saw. Purple One-Eyed People Eater (Yes its a movie) that one...is worse than Barney the Movie. I'm not joking at all! Sweety Todd was forgettable, so its bad in my book. The Spirit...yeah that movie was plain god awful and yet it was a family movie night so it didn't matter.

Stepbrothers was the only movie I enjoyed, it was also my first movie I saw by myself. Also 'There Will Be Blood' is strangely enjoyable to my taste. Anything with Tim Burton these days I will see in a heartbeat (I forgot Caroline, why?). The Alice in Wonderland is debatable since the tone is darker and obscure at first. Later on to the film you realize it an amnesia gimmick so it becomes blunt of what happens next.

I barely see any movies these days, I had yet to watch The Dark Knight, Shrek 2,3, and Forever.
Well that's just a darned creative name... almost like it was brought up by a 5 year old.

The Dark Knight, to most, is at least decent.
Same with Shrek 2; some people didn't like Shrek 3 as much.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are plenty of films that will never grace my media players again but outright unbearable is a different matter entirely. I would reply to some of the posts here if only to question the apparent hatred of some films. After that I might as well just quote WildWon (post 35 in this thread) but failing that I it is probably a minor spin on my "potential" rating system- nobody expects the 18th My Little Pony film to be good but when a good cast, story, directory/studio and the like come together to make something that bores me senseless then it is less fun.
Likewise I enjoy properly paced TV shows (enough material for 7 hour long shows- have at it but pad it to 12 or 24 or likewise condense it badly and we have issues) more than films these days- the longer timeframe works wonders for pretty much any narrative. Indeed it is probably at the point that I am inclined to forgo films in favour of TV, books and games not to mention when I do watch a film I frequently end a film thinking- would have made a better short TV show. Thinking about it if you named a genre/theme I could probably suggest a TV series that does it stunningly and now good CGI has appeared in the TV realm ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k...feature=related ) or indeed in the ultra low budget realm (see something like http://www.youtube.com/filmriot ) there is nothing really out of range.
Likewise with budgets as big as some films seem to get it is frequently and not entirely unjustifiably all about CYA with regards to it all- backdoor pilots, cartoons, books and to some extent games have less constraints here which makes things more fun.

Iron Giant- the comic/graphic novel was one of my favourites back in school. The film I really disliked.

Comic films/remakes of said comics- always interesting to me. Personally I never read comics but I did watch most of the 90s cartoons of said comics (indeed if the rights holders have some sense (typically they do not) I probably even have DVDs of them) as well as some of the later iterations enough to consider them a proper childhood memory. To this end I am never quite sure where things sit here- I can probably name you characters and their abilities/stories without them being introduced in the film but little quirks and/or continuity are less important than the overall story/theme. I will however join the live action transformers is transformers in name only crowd.

Lord of the Rings- seen as LOTR was one of the first modern fantasy novels everything that came after it was arguably an improvement on the formula. Normally I will partake of just about anything with a fantasy theme but LOTR was a chore (I even went in for a marathon of the directors cuts one day- no change).

Sweeny Todd- the story is awesome, the recent film I can not stand.

Most "stoner" films a second time around.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Spirit, a waste of €3.50 if Ive ever known one -_-

Horrible movie, fell asleep several times

The Hulk (Eric Bana version) I thought it was utter shit. I tried watching it 4 times and fell asleep everytime in the first 30min

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
I loved Sweeny Todd, great story, great songs, fantastic atmosphere and make up. I guess some people don't like it very much.

I just found another one. Shark's Tale was just....

Shark's Tale was Will Smith trying to portray a cartoony impression of himself, it was mediocre at best I have to see it again.

Bettlejuice! Bettlejuice! ... I love that movie, it brought that insane/wtf charm without it being too disturbing. Movies these days can't do that without being too vague or pointless.

Edward Scissorhand has to be the downright best movie by Tim Burton! I had yet to see Caroline...

I do notice that when cartoon series get their big break by coming out with a movie; either in theaters or TV event. There on going series begins to fall flat till its discontinued.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess it's getting kind of off the point and all, but you should definitely see Coraline. I saw it and enjoyed it a lot! It's very strange (in a good Burton-like way) and unique.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crank - Its just shit.
Beaches - Why does nearly every girl want me to watch this with them?
Happy Feet - Vomit inducing, there isn't much point to it. Just some penguins walking around, dancing and singing several songs at the same time.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
"a serbian film" I only heard of it, but well just read the wikipedia plot description and try not to want to puke and kill anyone associated with the film [I would describe the plot but I would probably be banned it's that bad]

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
SubliminalSegue said:
raulpica said:
thegame07 said:
tongue.gif

I did, and ......
mellow.gif

unsure.gif

I need mah prune juice!

XD. Oh, Christ. The things I do to troll people.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but the Mist and the Wicker Man were also unbearable. I'm too damn lazy to go back and see what I said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But instead, advertising cheap turntable styluses that claim to reduce hiss and noise.