Status
Not open for further replies.

tntmod54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just tested it on my DS, It would give me a black screen if i ran it from my default FW i got it to run by starting it in Moonshell2.
The intro and title screen are good but here's some notes i took of it.
Sometimes the walking animation won't start.
Sometimes the walking animation won't stop.
The bottom screen appears to just be an image.
The walls don't have hitboxes and i can just walk straight through them.
When i walk through the door and i go to Flowey's room nothing happens and i can't progress anymore.
After walking around for a bit in Flowey's room i got teleported back to the beginning.
Doesn't turn the screen of when i close my DS.
I'm going to keep an eye on this because this only the second version of the game but at the moment it's just a demo.
Also i tested in DeSmuME and got the same results and for some reason i wasn't getting sound from the game on my DS.

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i just tested it on my DS, It would give me a black screen if i ran it from my default FW i got it to run by starting it in Moonshell2.
The intro and title screen are good but here's some notes i took of it.
Sometimes the walking animation won't start.
Sometimes the walking animation won't stop.
The bottom screen appears to just be an image.
The walls don't have hitboxes and i can just walk straight through them.
When i walk through the door and i go to Flowey's room nothing happens and i can't progress anymore.
After walking around for a bit in Flowey's room i got teleported back to the beginning.
Doesn't turn the screen of when i close my DS.
I'm going to keep an eye on this because this only the second version of the game but at the moment it's just a demo.
Also i tested in DeSmuME and got the same results and for some reason i wasn't getting sound from the game on my DS.
Alright thanks for the feedback, the demo only goes up to flowey's room, so that's normal, however I will fix the animations, screen sleeping and other bugs in the next update :D

Reactions: Ediz

tntmod54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using an R4 clone, Specifically an "R4i SDHC DUAL-CORE 2017" didn't realize it had a time-bomb when i bought it, it works well enough but i run into issues on occasion, although that's more of a firmware issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also thank you for this, i'm not a big undertale fan or anything but i think it's awesome that something like this is getting ported to the DS, i'll be sure to check it out when it's further ahead in development, Also as a question, are you making this from scratch? It seems like you're trying to recreat Undertaler rather than port it (you're doing a good job but i'm just wondering)

mugman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using an R4 clone, Specifically an "R4i SDHC DUAL-CORE 2017" didn't realize it had a time-bomb when i bought it, it works well enough but i run into issues on occasion, although that's more of a firmware issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also thank you for this, i'm not a big undertale fan or anything but i think it's awesome that something like this is getting ported to the DS, i'll be sure to check it out when it's further ahead in development, Also as a question, are you making this from scratch? It seems like you're trying to recreat Undertaler rather than port it (you're doing a good job but i'm just wondering)

easily avoidable timebomb, simply download an alternative firmware such as retrogamefans version of ysmenu or a wood clone

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easily avoidable timebomb, simply download an alternative firmware such as retrogamefans version of ysmenu or a wood clone
I wouldn't download wood on that card, it's been known to brick them and other DSTT clones...

tntmod54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it has an "easily avoidable timebomb" i just didn't know when i bought it, I just haven't had the time to setup other firmware, it's being a massive pain. Can't get it to start anything other than the default firmware.

mugman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it has an "easily avoidable timebomb" i just didn't know when i bought it, I just haven't had the time to setup other firmware, it's being a massive pain. Can't get it to start anything other than the default firmware.
are we allowed to share files here? i believe that i have the exact same card as you and mine is working woderfully with retrogamefans ysmenu, i could just upload it somehwere if you know a good site

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can share file if it does not contain copyrighted material or content.
To confirm, retrogamefans ysmenu is a flashcard firmware, right?
If so, verify if it has some distribution rules on the developer website/git.
Then, yes, you can share it to Filetrip, which is the GBATemp affiliated file sharing website.
Just make sure to comply to any distribution rule.

Edit: it seems that you do have to obtain permission from @retrogamefan to distribute it.
The software is there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Last edited by medoli900,

mugman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can share file if it does not contain copyrighted material or content.
To confirm, retrogamefans ysmenu is a flashcard firmware, right?
If so, verify if it has some distribution rules on the developer website/git.
Then, yes, you can share it to Filetrip, which is the GBATemp affiliated file sharing website.
Just make sure to comply to any distribution rule.

Edit: it seems that you do have to obtain permission from @retrogamefan to distribute it.
The software is there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
deleted, its better to get from the source anyway.

retros a cool dude

Reactions: medoli900

tntmod54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version did you get to work for you? there's like 20 or something, also when you mean you got it to work do you mean you replaced the default firmware with YSmenu or did you just get it to load the .nds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...