Homebrew (WIP) Undertale NDS

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I was very interested in the project! I copied the "data.win" file from the original game directory, but now I have no idea what to do next, I installed the "devkitram" program but I have no idea how to use it, and I didn't find any tutorials on how to get started on the internet, could you help me?
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys! I was very interested in the project! I copied the "data.win" file from the original game directory, but now I have no idea what to do next, I installed the "devkitram" program but I have no idea how to use it, and I didn't find any tutorials on how to get started on the internet, could you help me?

EDIT:
I put everything in the same folder, but when I try to run the command "./patch_all.sh"

this error message appears:
./patch_all.sh: line 1: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 2: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 3: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 4: python3: command not found
Need to install python3, possibly through pacman and devkitPro.

Reactions: Cervi

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia

EDIT:
I put everything in the same folder, but when I try to run the command "./patch_all.sh"

this error message appears:
./patch_all.sh: line 1: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 2: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 3: python3: command not found
./patch_all.sh: line 4: python3: command not found
Fr it doesn't work for me I'll try it sometime if the port is complete

tuandz

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
:( i cant make file

Capture.PNG

can anyone help me i very love undertale

hmmm i fix this but nothing happens
Capture.PNG

Last edited by tuandz,

blaizX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created two nds-files
1. via patch_all.sh
2. via make

both nds-files give me a whitescreen in melonDS 0.9.5 (windows)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created two nds-files
1. via patch_all.sh
2. via make

both nds-files give me a whitescreen in melonDS 0.9.5 (windows)
not sure about that one. I tested it on the 3ds through twilight menu. no issues. I can even run the dsi version of sm64 through there. anyway, I haven't tested it with melonDS, but some homebrew will not work on hardware or will not work on emulators. it depends. like, I can't get sonic mania to work on hardware, yet it works on the ps3 emulator. a friend of mine whom I've tested games for wanted me to test his homebrew games on my jtag 360, because they do not work with emulators. this may be another one of those. it's likely the sdk that's at fault rather than the game itself.

blaizX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure about that one. I tested it on the 3ds through twilight menu. no issues. I can even run the dsi version of sm64 through there. anyway, I haven't tested it with melonDS, but some homebrew will not work on hardware or will not work on emulators. it depends. like, I can't get sonic mania to work on hardware, yet it works on the ps3 emulator. a friend of mine whom I've tested games for wanted me to test his homebrew games on my jtag 360, because they do not work with emulators. this may be another one of those. it's likely the sdk that's at fault rather than the game itself.
OK. On my 3DS-console the nds-files work.

Another problem:
I want undertale in german language.
There is a DeltaPatcherLite.exe. With this exe (and the data.win-file and .xdelta-file) i can patch the data.win to german.
But how I can make these german data.win to a nds-file? of course message "Game version not supported (hash does not match)" does appear.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know. I think patching it to German is throwing off the offsets, which is why there's a checksum mismatch. you'd have to ask @Cervi about that one.

Cervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I do not know. I think patching it to German is throwing off the offsets, which is why there's a checksum mismatch. you'd have to ask @Cervi about that one.
that's because not only does the patcher extract the text used on the game but I also manually modified it to adapt it to the engine I made for the Nintendo DS, so it's not as easy as just replacing the data.win file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol