Unity 3DS - is it possible to still download it?

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Is it possible to still download the 3DS module for Unity? I am registered on nintendo dev portal, but its not there anymore. i wanted to reinstall it, but i cant find the installer anywhere. (there is preinstalled version on web archive, but that one is bundled with older version of unity 5.6)

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to still download the 3DS module for Unity? I am registered on nintendo dev portal, but its not there anymore. i wanted to reinstall it, but i cant find the installer anywhere. (there is preinstalled version on web archive, but that one is bundled with older version of unity 5.6)
Nope. Unity for the Nintendo 3DS has been discontinued and therefore is unavailable to download from the Dev Portal. You will have to google for it yourself.

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
On "google" there is only the older version (unity 5.6.5f with 3ds addon 1.3.10).
But i browsed very old disc backups and fortunatelly found my old install of "new" unity with the 3ds addon

Reactions: SylverReZ

fluff663

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i recall correctly 5.6.5f is the most recent version that supports compiling for 3ds

i might be wrong though so take that with a grain of salt

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The final released version was "UnityforN3DS-1_3_11-20201217.zip". The versioning doesn't line up because they stopped supporting the 2.x.x series earlier due to instability.

It was only available for a few days before they pulled it down and stopped supporting Unity3DS altogether.

Reactions: ber71 and SylverReZ

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The final released version was "UnityforN3DS-1_3_11-20201217.zip". The versioning doesn't line up because they stopped supporting the 2.x.x series earlier due to instability.

It was only available for a few days before they pulled it down and stopped supporting Unity3DS altogether.
True, I totally forgot about this one. My bad.

fluff663

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, My apologies for the inaccurate information. As I said take anything I say with a grain of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ and Lutzi

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
no its compatible only with Unity 5.6.x versions, you cant put it in the new releases (though there was version for unity 2017 but that one is propably lost to time)
And also found out that the 3ds module versions on the internet are just 1.3.0 and i have much newer 1.3.10 :) (1.3.11 is latest)

dgm_mixtoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
no its compatible only with Unity 5.6.x versions, you cant put it in the new releases (though there was version for unity 2017 but that one is propably lost to time)
And also found out that the 3ds module versions on the internet are just 1.3.0 and i have much newer 1.3.10 :) (1.3.11 is latest)
you did it?
i cant find working one xd

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You do know that you had to sign a legally binding NDA for Nintendo's developer portal access, right? I'd suggest you to check it and see if you aren't accidentally disclosing information that you shouldn't disclose. You do not want to fuck around, especially during the times where Nintendo is lawsuit-happy again.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone ask zoogie too provide the UnityFor3DS SDK from 2020 thank you
You do realise that its against the site's rules to share copyrighted SDKs, of which you need to sign an NDA to get access to them. Unity 3DS has also been discontinued, so I don't see why you'd want to develop games with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol