Homebrew Unlaunch DSi | First public bootcode exploit for DSi

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://dsibrew.org/wiki/Title_metadata
Have fun reverse engineering it then.
I don't think any reverse engineering is necessary (hopefully not, because that's way beyond my shitty area of knowledge) but hopefully some light hex editing is all it takes. I'll give it a try when I get home and report back with steps on how to install homebrew to the launcher later if I find out how (unless someone already knows)

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think any reverse engineering is necessary (hopefully not, because that's way beyond my shitty area of knowledge) but hopefully some light hex editing is all it takes. I'll give it a try when I get home and report back with steps on how to install homebrew to the launcher later if I find out how (unless someone already knows)
Maybe Apache thunder knows?

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Happy to see the DSi scene isn't dead yet. (well, it kinda is dead...)
I got it installed successfully in no$gba. I had to do it manually since the installer always froze on "Loading FAT"
And no, it's not brick proof yet, I was able to brick it by going into Data Management. I'm not going to try it on my real DSi until it's stable enough and mostly brick proof

I spent so long trying to figure out why it wasn't booting when I remembered I had to add the no$gba footer:D

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added an Unlaunch installer to TempNand successfully, I'll be releasing it ASAP. Unfortunately, I won't get to test installing homebrew to the launcher quite yet, because I need to sleep, but I'll hopefully get around to it sometime.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,
Reactions: wicksand420

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys long time no see. So I'm understanding that Unlaunch isn't really for anyone without a hardmod correct? If so is a version that is more stable on the sd card in the works?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Added an Unlaunch installer to TempNand successfully, I'll be releasing it ASAP. Unfortunately, I won't get to test installing homebrew to the launcher quite yet, because I need to sleep, but I'll hopefully get around to it sometime.
Tbh tempnand is buggy so I don't use it. Twltool actually reads my encrypted band properly :/

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh tempnand is buggy so I don't use it. Twltool actually reads my encrypted band properly :/
TempNand uses twltool, so if your nand works in twltool it should work in TempNand.

Also, are there any specific bugs you've encountered? That way I can fix them and hopefully convince you ;) Or maybe there's something you don't like about the interface?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TempNand uses twltool, so if your nand works in twltool it should work in TempNand.

Also, are there any specific bugs you've encountered? That way I can fix them and hopefully convince you ;) Or maybe there's something you don't like about the interface?
Yeah there is a bug I have been experiencing.
Whenever you try and load a nand dump it just says its not properly encrypted and nothing happens.
Every time. Lots of people report this as well. Which is why I prefer the .bat file in the DSi Nand Tool Pack.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there is a bug I have been experiencing.
Whenever you try and load a nand dump it just says its not properly encrypted and nothing happens.
Every time. Lots of people report this as well. Which is why I prefer the .bat file in the DSi Nand Tool Pack.
Thanks, I had no idea this was happening. I'll try to get this fixed as soon as I can. Also, where have you seen it it be reported?

Also, what operating system does your computer use?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw it on NDS(i)Brew Discord. And on this site in the RocketLauncher thread (iirc)
I use Windows 10
I'll try to recreate it later and see if I can fix it. If I come up with a possible fix, do you mind if I PM you so you can check if it works?

Also, thanks for the info, I haven't yet been on the nds(I)brew discord. I didn't see anything on the rocketlahncher thread but maybe I missed it

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try to recreate it later and see if I can fix it. If I come up with a possible fix, do you mind if I PM you so you can check if it works?

Also, thanks for the info, I haven't yet been on the nds(I)brew discord. I didn't see anything on the rocketlahncher thread but maybe I missed it
Sure you can go ahead and PM me.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The statement "Do not use any bootcode exploits until RocketLauncher is released!" is bullshit.
-RL needs downgrade, this doesn't
-RL needs a supported cartridge, this doesn't

This is clearly superior to RL in about every way. Sure, it's still a bit buggy and still in beta, but after the few remaining bugs are ironed out (which can be in a week) this is clearly superior to everything RL can and RL probably won't be released until this is perfectly stable.
Who knows if RL will be released anyways? This renders it completely useless.
And who knows which unknown bugs RL has when/if it gets the first release.
I have the impression that dsibrew discord is salty because they weren't informed about this and now their work is basically worthless to most of the userbase.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The statement "Do not use any bootcode exploits until RocketLauncher is released!" is bullshit.
-RL needs downgrade, this doesn't
-RL needs a supported cartridge, this doesn't

This is clearly superior to RL in about every way. Sure, it's still a bit buggy and still in beta, but after the few remaining bugs are ironed out (which can be in a week) this is clearly superior to everything RL can and RL probably won't be released until this is perfectly stable.
Who knows if RL will be released anyways? This renders it completely useless.
And who knows which unknown bugs RL has when/if it gets the first release.
I have the impression that dsibrew discord is salty because they weren't informed about this and now their work is basically worthless to most of the userbase.
That was put there when it was first announced and we didnt know much about it. I will take that off now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!