Unlock OG Xbox emulator without modding?

EvilJagaGenius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a fat Xbox 360 at a garage sale and don't know much about hacking and homebrew for it, using consolemods.org for reference. I was thinking about upgrading the HDD and read about adding the OG Xbox emulator, and unlocking it if you have a modded system. This Xbox isn't modded though, and I'm wondering if it's possible to unlock the emulator without modding it. From what I understand, the OG Xbox emulator lives on HDD partition 2. The HDD Fixer each guide recommends writes to/creates partition 2, then the user copies compatibility files into partition 2 as well. So I'm wondering:

1) Could I load a hacked partition 2 onto the HDD and copy the compatibility files into it from my PC, while I'm setting the HDD up?
2) Would this be enough to unlock the emulator, or would I need a modded XBox 360 to use it?
3) Would this be liable to get me banned?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, like I said I know very little about X360 hacking.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently got a fat Xbox 360 at a garage sale and don't know much about hacking and homebrew for it, using consolemods.org for reference. I was thinking about upgrading the HDD and read about adding the OG Xbox emulator, and unlocking it if you have a modded system. This Xbox isn't modded though, and I'm wondering if it's possible to unlock the emulator without modding it. From what I understand, the OG Xbox emulator lives on HDD partition 2. The HDD Fixer each guide recommends writes to/creates partition 2, then the user copies compatibility files into partition 2 as well. So I'm wondering:

1) Could I load a hacked partition 2 onto the HDD and copy the compatibility files into it from my PC, while I'm setting the HDD up?
2) Would this be enough to unlock the emulator, or would I need a modded XBox 360 to use it?
3) Would this be liable to get me banned?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, like I said I know very little about X360 hacking.
You won't get banned as long as the hard drive is the same size as an official one and from what I remember the ss.bin files only allows you to create them of official sizes. I put a modded 250gb in mine years ago and it has not yet been banned. The drive also has to be a BEVS model, others may work but I do not think all Scorpio drives are compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X