Unofficial Nintendo NES Mini recreated with Raspberry Pi

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_zsW8Bv2h.jpg

The modder "Daftmike" has created a portable version of Nintendo NES using Raspberry Pi: the micro console has a 40% lower size than the original NES and the same obviously applies to the controller and the cartridges, reproduced in paperback.
Daftmike's Micro NES exploits the RetroPie emulation software and is equipped with USB ports for controllers, while the cartridge slot is controlled by Arduino: the tabs contain an NFC chip that includes the ROM of the game, when the cartridge is inserted into the player, the console interfaces with the NFC tag to start the game stored on Raspberry.
A really interesting work.

Source

Last edited by Froster,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know exactly where the image is from, haha. Slightly risky, don't ya think?

Though I do totally understand how that pack would work better. Totally not because you can play WHATEVER YOU WANT or anything...
I'm not worried about it, only people who already know about it know where it's from.

Back on topic, how feasible would it be to make a raspberry pie retro arcade cabinet? Like from the 90s back. I don't know the specs of the thing, but I already know it probably won't do Killer Instinct.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not worried about it, only people who already know about it know where it's from.

Back on topic, how feasible would it be to make a raspberry pie retro arcade cabinet? Like from the 90s back. I don't know the specs of the thing, but I already know it probably won't do Killer Instinct.

For whatever it's worth, it's usually a bad idea to leak screenshots from a website that explicitly says not to, especially when you use the same username on both (more or less).

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Custom made, using an Arduino Pro Micro board, and a printed housing and buttons:

Arduino-Pro-Micro-1.jpg

Lkxwopy.jpg

MNinZCs.jpg

Oh this is awesome!
I would rather use an actuall size controller on it, but being small have it's charm XD

Thes ekinds of project are stuff I wpuld like to do myself but isn't something I could invets now :x

(making tehs estuff lokks morefun than actually playing it hahahha since we can emulate nes in almost everything XD ...)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
being small have it's charm XD
Is that what girls tell you? :tpi:

man his 3d printer did a pretty rough job!
All extruder-based printers are crude. You can't really get fine detail or smooth surfaces on those, and anyone who claims otherwise has sanded down their prints and is lying.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is that what girls tell you? :tpi:
I haven't even reached this stage with girls to know :v
All extruder-based printers are crude. You can't really get fine detail or smooth surfaces on those, and anyone who claims otherwise has sanded down their prints and is lying.
Yeah a bit more of work to make it smooth would be good, but well this is like a style too? hahah

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question
Since it connects via USB, what is the point of making the mini controller instead of using a usb to nes converter or even a usb nes controller? I get the purpose in that it completes the mini package but it doe not seem practical.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Since it connects via USB, what is the point of making the mini controller instead of using a usb to nes converter or even a usb nes controller? I get the purpose in that it completes the mini package but it doe not seem practical.
That's basically it, he wanted all the components to be to scale and with correct aspect ratio.

Reactions: Sliter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC