Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apparently only you can update to 11.3 using Luma as a CFW. the other ones aren't updated. If you already have Luma update to version 6.6 on Luma and now you should be able to update to 11.3. But I'm still somewhat sceptical
The latest Corbenik nightly works on 11.3, and Luma works fine on 11.3 as well.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
By the way as far as Luma and 11.3 goes, how is it that when you go to the Luma3DS page the latest release is still 6.6 .. So it's not been updated. Yet existing users must update their Luma with Luma3DS updater before they update to 11.3? I've modded two consoles this past week and all I did was download the same 6.6 release and then update the console and it worked as is - no blackscreen or anything. So why would a stock console going to A9LH+Luma not need to use Luma3DS updater to fetch latest version, but an existing Luma user must do so?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
An issue I have found is no homebrew will boot from the HB menu using Luma (latest nightly) even with L2 clock off for me on 11
3. They crash to a black screen requiring a hard reset. Reverting back to Normal 6.6 with L2 Clock off works without no problems.

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~_~ Is it possible for sleep mode through soundhax's hbl whenever I want to take a break from playing an emulator?
The fact that it froze one time when I tried to go to the home menu while running an out of region cartridge for my Japanese 3DS sorta spooked me from trying anything else. Thanks!

Wolfers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just to let you know, I tested stickerhax and it does work. :D Soundhax on 11.3 also works and so does OOThax. As long as you have the right payload, you're good. It's great to have homebrew back!:vul2::nds:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just to let you know, I tested stickerhax and it does work. :D Soundhax on 11.3 also works and so does OOThax. As long as you have the right payload, you're good. It's great to have homebrew back!:vul2::nds:
I believe all previously working entry points should work as long as you use the latest otherapp. The only thing Ninty seems to have broken in terms of userland is gspwn, but with that fixed everything else should still be working the same.

Reactions: naddel81

Wolfers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe all previously working entry points should work as long as you use the latest otherapp. The only thing Ninty seems to have broken in terms of userland is gspwn, but with that fixed everything else should still be working the same.
Yep, thanks for letting me know!!!!

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So in conclusion Ninty did not fix homebrew at all in 11.3? They just prevented downgrading with nfirm check?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in conclusion Ninty did not fix homebrew at all in 11.3? They just prevented downgrading with nfirm check?
They didn't patch any entry points, but rather tried patching HBL entirely by "fixing" the gpu exploit it used (called gspwn). So all that was needed was smea to fix the payloads for HBL, and then putting those payloads into your favorite entry point that was working in 11.2. Only exploits that load payloads from

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes i have but i have gatewaynand as emunand it is safe ?
Last time I checked no. Gateway hasn't updated to support 11.3 yet.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a sense, this is good. It shows that the 3DS scene is still alive. If Nintendo just "gave up" on the 3DS scene, where's the fun in hacking it anymore? :D
I honestly don't really ever touch my 3ds anymore unless I'm poking about with hacks, which is kinda just a big middle finger to Nintendo.
Maybe if PepperTV can stream with my network setup better than NTR I'll actually want to play 3ds to record and stream.

lordsba

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
we are the 08 March ! and nothing yet to downgrade or hack an 11.3.0.36 OFW, what the Hackers doing yet? :unsure:
I guess they busy with nintendo switch, and give up to hack the 3DS :hateit:

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
we are the 08 March ! and nothing yet to downgrade or hack an 11.3.0.36 OFW, what the Hackers doing yet? :unsure:
I'm sure they are working on 11.3, just they don't tell us; remember also that they are people like us and do this for free in their spare time, so they are not obliged

Reactions: NightScript

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't rely on other people, sell your console and buy another. It's not anyone else's fault if you updated your console or bought one on 11.3.

Reactions: NightScript

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way you are saying that makes you sound extremely entitled. Nintendo patched the previous exploits used to downgrade and use cfw, and finding new exploits take time, if one even exists. It will happen when it happens. Hackers have lives outside of the hacking scene that are more important than your need to downgrade.

Alex Huynh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The way you are saying that makes you sound extremely entitled. Nintendo patched the previous exploits used to downgrade and use cfw, and finding new exploits take time, if one even exists. It will happen when it happens. Hackers have lives outside of the hacking scene that are more important than your need to downgrade.
\

Well i guess it time i ditch my GW and switch to luma or anything that works with the update, been like a month since i see my dear 3ds, it now laying in a corner, all dusty and rusty...
If i havent update it to 11.3, i could still play all the games offline, *sigh*.

Last edited by Alex Huynh,
Reactions: lordsba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...