Homebrew Update 11.4 and Homebrew

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh... What? i dont get what you are trying to say
If you have a o3ds with CFW and want to use homebrew, you need to download the 11.2 otherapp from smea's site and rename it as if it where the 11.4 one
"OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin" for example.
Then, you replace the one you have inside the "hblauncherloader" with the one you just downloaded

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL Loader CIA: Rename 11.2 otherapp payload to 11.4

If you have a o3ds with CFW and want to use homebrew, you need to download the 11.2 otherapp from smea's site and rename it as if it where the 11.4 one
"OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin" for example.
Then, you replace the one you have inside the "hblauncherloader" with the one you just downloaded

YOU ARE MY HERO! Thanks so much :D
Oh... oh no. I did just that, I downloaded 11.2 otherapp from smea's site, it was named post something something i renamed it to what you gave me, now when I start HBL loader it just says "the ropbin is ready" and exits to the home menu in an instant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I then tried holding "x" but that just gives me the stupid error code...

I'm pretty sure you know this but I am on 11.4

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
Reactions: Arubaro

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I made a mistake. I update to 11.4 and my lumaupdater desapered, so I download again from FBI...but even so I can't updated returned a error...and I restore backup from the lumaupdater and now the lumaupdater does not work at all
What I can do work? I have a n3dsxl with cfw.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mistake. I update to 11.4 and my lumaupdater desapered, so I download again from FBI...but even so I can't updated returned a error...and I restore backup from the lumaupdater and now the lumaupdater does not work at all
What I can do work? I have a n3dsxl with cfw.

Are you on a9lh or B9S? What version of LumaUpdater are you using? What version is your Luma3DS?

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Are you on a9lh or B9S? What version of LumaUpdater are you using? What version is your Luma3DS?

A9lh
Luma 7.0.4

Error: when I try update returns

71187207e30f958d5883cdc11d183a5c.jpg

Last edited by rafaeloz,

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, not been on for ages, back on the Ds days. Anyway, got my daughter a 3DS and she's in to modding animal crossing leaf and saw you could do it via homebrew, I checked the version and its 11.4.0.37E and a new 3DS (the animal Crossing Leaf edition. So I got the starter kit, and went to the OOthax site and got the latest payload files. I dumped her save game via Powersave pro and restored the latest payload file, I put the starter kit into the root so the 3ds and boot.3dx were in the root of her SD, fired up OOT and got the weird looking save, loaded that, press A and it started to do the dos screen thing but then said error.

Edit: The dos screen says Homebrew ropbin ready (or close to that) and then it jumps back to a standard 3DS screen saying there was an error backup data etc

Have I missed or done something wrongly, I'm normally ok with patching / this sort of stuff but I don't want to screw up the3DS because of lack of knowledge..

I saw OOThax had a ? on the first page but then saw others saying it works on the new firmware.

Any help would be appreciated and would save my daughter driving me insane..

Paul.

Last edited by mclaneinc,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, not been on for ages, back on the Ds days. Anyway, got my daughter a 3DS and she's in to modding animal crossing leaf and saw you could do it via homebrew, I checked the version and its 11.4.0.37E and a new 3DS (the animal Crossing Leaf edition. So I got the starter kit, and went to the OOthax site and got the latest payload files. I dumped her save game via Powersave pro and restored the latest payload file, I put the starter kit into the root so the 3ds and boot.3dx were in the root of her SD, fired up OOT and got the weird looking save, loaded that, press A and it started to do the dos screen thing but then said error.

Have I missed or done something wrongly, I'm normally ok with patching / this sort of stuff but I don't want to screw up the3DS because of lack of knowledge..

I saw OOThax had a ? on the first page but then saw others saying it works on the new firmware.

Any help would be appreciated and would save my daughter driving me insane..

Paul.
Did you get the otherapp.bin? Go here and scroll down a little. https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Set it to "NEW 11 4 0 37 E" and it'll give you a weirdly named bin file. Rename it NEW-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin and put in inside a folder called "hblauncherloader". Try it again.

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Pixel,

Thanks fir the help..

Went and got the app, set it as said, renamed it and made that folder you said, put it in the root and just incase in the 3ds directory,, same error tho...

Oops (obviously with that bin file in...) :)
Any ideas

I tried both of the powersave oothax saves from the two different directories, one reported a corrupt save on boot of OOT and the other gave me the fancy looking save game as seen in video's online..

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Pixel,

Thanks fir the help..

Went and got the app, set it as said, renamed it and made that folder you said, put it in the root and just incase in the 3ds directory,, same error tho...

Oops (obviously with that bin file in...) :)
Any ideas

I tried both of the powersave oothax saves from the two different directories, one reported a corrupt save on boot of OOT and the other gave me the fancy looking save game as seen in video's online..
There's two versions of that cart. The different saves are for different versions. I haven't used it in a while give me a minute.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, thank you for trying to help..

Cheers..
We need more girls to get into hacking and such. Animal Crossing is a good entry point.

I tested and it works. I have CFW so it may not be the same for you. I did look and it looks like OoTHax still works on 11.4. It did crash on me when I clicked on the ocarina. When I clicked on the map it worked. It might be unstable on 11.4. Nintendo is getting better at thwarting homebrew. I always launched this hax by interacting with the touch screen. I have no idea if that makes any difference, but who knows and it works for me.

You don't sound like the typical noobs who can't follow direction so I think you have it setup correctly. It might just take more than one try to succeed. Some of the hax we had were very unstable and I have heard of people launching it 100 times to succeed and others got it the first try. If you have a second 2DS/3DS that's lower than 11.4, I highly suggest you follow the Guide and get CFW.

I think you're on the right track. Just try and try again. Feel free to say something if it doesn't work.

Edit: Just in case. Copy the bin file to the root as well, but rename it otherapp.bin. Some hax require it on the root named as otherapp.bin. Starter pack looks for it in the directory.

Last edited by pixelmasher,

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No luck so far, I'll keep playing around, I've modded the Wii, the Xbox and a 360 so I'm not too shabby but I never had touched a 3DS as I can't pry it out of my daughters hands :)

Thank you again for trying, I'll recheck everything, maybe I have missed something or named something wrongly..

Cheers again..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine