Hacking Update 5.5.2 and Homebrew/CFW

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have Haxchi with CBHC installed and my firmware version is 99.99.99. Is there any reason not to update to 5.5.2?

D

Deleted User

Oh crap, this is very bad for me. I had to erase my internet settings and forgot to block the updates with a DNS. It auto updated when I turned it on. I couldn't buy the DS games for Haxchi so I used browserhax. If there is another way that pops up to get to the HBL without anything requiring the browser, please reply as soon as possible! :cry:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh crap, this is very bad for me. I had to erase my internet settings and forgot to block the updates with a DNS. It auto updated when I turned it on. I couldn't buy the DS games for Haxchi so I used browserhax. If there is another way that pops up to get to the HBL without anything requiring the browser, please reply as soon as possible! :cry:
as off right now nopw, everyone should have bough a ds game and used haxchi ever since it was released now there is nothing you can do but to play your only legit games lol.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's it just me, or is the irony amusing towards those too cheap to purchase a DS game (no other good reason not to) being left in the cold without piracy/homebrew?

Reactions: Bort007

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's it just me, or is the irony amusing towards those too cheap to purchase a DS game (no other good reason not to) being left in the cold without piracy/homebrew?
its very amusing lol im having so much fun xD, remenber everyone saying you dont need haxchi you can use browser and mocha haxchi is useless and a waste of money? lol most of those people didint even had dns blocks so their wiiu updated and they lost every homebrew they had xD.

everyone said its 6$ for permanent hacking and alot of people wow that is too expensive xD.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
its very amusing lol im having so much fun xD, remenber everyone saying you dont need haxchi you can use browser and mocha haxchi is useless and a waste of money? lol most of those people didint even had dns blocks so their wiiu updated and they lost every homebrew they had xD.

everyone said its 6$ for permanent hacking and alot of people wow that is too expensive xD.
Even more amusing when you know Brain Age was free at some point... x), i never paid mine :D

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dig into the repercussions of hacking the Wii U, however I'm a little confused by the information I'm reading... Can I use Haxchi on a virgin 5.5.2 system to exploit, or do I need to go looking for a 5.5.1 or older?

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to dig into the repercussions of hacking the Wii U, however I'm a little confused by the information I'm reading... Can I use Haxchi on a virgin 5.5.2 system to exploit, or do I need to go looking for a 5.5.1 or older?
You need 5.5.1 or older. You need an exploit to install haxchi/cbhc

Reactions: themyst

LH1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am still on 5.5.1 with CBHC rednand and mocha from the old WiiU.guide. I would like to get rid of rednand for good so do I just set default boot in CBHC to system menu and that's it? Or do I need to reinstall Haxchi again?

Everything works fine in the in the system menu with the Do Not Touch icon which I assume is Haxchi and not to delete it until cold boot is installed.

The button shortcut does not work for me. When I launch the do not touch icon the system just reboots. It seems like I need to edit the config.txt which means I need to reinstall Haxchi. Can I reinstall Haxchi via Homebrew launcher without removing cold boot, or should I just leave everything as is now?

Last edited by LH1980,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am still on 5.5.1 with CBHC rednand and mocha from the old WiiU.guide. I would like to get rid of rednand for good so do I just set default boot in CBHC to system menu and that's it? Or do I need to reinstall Haxchi again?

Everything works fine in the in the system menu with the Do Not Touch icon which I assume is Haxchi and not to delete it until cold boot is installed.

The button shortcut does not work for me. When I launch the do not touch icon the system just reboots. It seems like I need to edit the config.txt which means I need to reinstall Haxchi. Can I reinstall Haxchi via Homebrew launcher without removing cold boot, or should I just leave everything as is now?
the do not otuch screen is cbhc yu can leavue it alone, just install the hbl channel and then you are good.

Reactions: LH1980

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to ask this just to be safe although it might have been asked before:

Is it safe to update if I have the Homebrew Launcher Channel (transformed DS game) installed? No autoboot stuff. Will this channel still work after the update?
Will the games installed with WUPInstaller still work on 5.5.2?

berberuang

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i have CHBC installed, my system just auto download the update and ask me to update, any idea how to ignore the update? if i update it will my CHBC still work?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have CHBC installed, my system just auto download the update and ask me to update, any idea how to ignore the update? if i update it will my CHBC still work?
you cant ignore the update wiiu is very troublesome, if you have cbhc and hbl channel installed you are good to go to update anyway.

I am in the same situation as the other user. I assume I need to re-install my games and move saves over if I am coming from rednand?
if everythin you installed is on red nand then nothing is on sysnand so yeah is you want to pass every game to usb and saves and such it will take alot of work, specialy saves if you have to inject them one by one :S why did people even used rednand if they arent a dev is beyond me tbh its useless to the normal user.

Reactions: berberuang

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it