[UPDATE] Japan To Get An HD Remaster of 'Professor Layton and the Curious Village' For Smartphones

prof layton.jpg

According to an article published Famitsu, the Nintendo DS game released back in 2007, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, will be getting the HD-remaster treatment! However it will be released under the name of Professor Layton and the Curious Village EXHD for Smartphone, and as the name suggest it will be a smartphone app. Moreover it has been announced for a Japan release, with no word of an international version.

UPDATE:

A new trailer was released today for the game along with an expected June 2018 release date for Android and iOS at a cost of 1 200 yen, but still no word of an international release.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

According to an article published Famitsu, the Nintendo DS game released back in 2007, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, will be getting the HD-remaster treatment! However it will be released under the name of Professor Layton and the Curious Village EXHD for Smartphone, and as the name suggest it will be a smartphone app. Moreover it has been announced for a Japan release, with no word of an international version.

:arrow: SOURCE
Hmm looks like a new game professor Layton and the curious lack of a western release

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried any of the laytons on mobile. Anyone who has care to talk about how the experience differs from playing on da/3ds?

Is there any significant difference? How do they handle lack of dual screens?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Isn't it obvious enough? Have you never used a DS emulator on your phone in vertical orientation? You just need to take a closer look at the promotional material above to get the idea.

Regardless of that the only real difference is the lack of a proper stylus due to capacitive touch on phones.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: x65943

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except 9 times out of 10 its a direct port rendered at a different resolution. Nobody can even define what it means since games aren't mastered to disk like a movie or album.
A different resolution means updated visuals, visuals refer to what you see

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A different resolution means updated visuals, visuals refer to what you see
So should we call every game ported to pc a remaster? What about games running in an emulator? Some of these "remasters" are actually running on emulators even on console, its just a configuration change. You see the term just came about when sony decided to call the god of war ports "remastered" as a marketing term, but it stuck.

Last edited by kevin corms,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I havent played any on the mobile either so i cannot directly say the difference. In case you are not aware of the 3ds/ds game, this game uses a second screen for options hints or menu, and maps. Maybe a pull up screen when you press start or pause.

Reactions: x65943

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Definitively looking forward to this. If this game is hack-able in a meaningful way, I might start progress and porting the dutch translation to this version as well, and possibly convert the English version to this one as well. No promises of course, first we'll have to see how similar the resources the mobile version uses are to the UK DS version.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One or two collections with all games from the DS time on Nintendos current homeconsole would be fantastic. If they now sell HD remasters who knows maybe in the future we get that?

However it will be released under the name of Professor Layton and the Curious Village EXHD for Smartphone, and as the name suggest it will be a smartphone app.
To me more important in this name is the EX in EXHD. Guess it means Extended HD which to me would hint for more puzzles. (or just more hints for people who don't manage to finish this game elsewhere... Just take your time, just take your time...)

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids