Update my rgh xbox360

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,
I have a rgh modded fat xbox360, it's been 4 or 5 years that I never updated the cfw. Basically sent my console to a shop, and the guy modified it. So I don't know anything about what todo, I just would like to have updated to the latest version, how I do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I have a rgh modded fat xbox360, it's been 4 or 5 years that I never updated the cfw. Basically sent my console to a shop, and the guy modified it. So I don't know anything about what todo, I just would like to have updated to the latest version, how I do that?
dump the nand using nandflasher 360 or similar on to a flash drive or on an hdd, put the dump on your computer, use xebuild.gui or jrunner to load the nand (it will tell you everything about it), but first you need the cpu key (should've mentioned that). the easiest way imo to get it is to open dashlaunch, if you have it, or you could open xell, which by default is pressing the eject button to turn on the console. once you have the cpu key, you can read the nand. input the cpu key into the box, then build nand (make sure dashlaunch patches are checked beforehand, so you don't have to install that again), then put the updflash.bin on the flash drive/hdd, and flash it with nandflasher 360. have it shutdown the system after that. remove the power cable, then press the power button and hold it for about 30 seconds to a minute or so, let go, then plug it back in. that's to purge the system's memory through power cycling. you're now updated. if you want avatar stuff back, you need to use the official update by microsoft, after you've flashed it. that's because stuff like avatar data is stored on the hdd. the flash is just to the chips. it won't actually harm your system as long as it's the same dash kernel as the one you just installed. this should only take a few seconds, and as I said, make sure you have an hdd plugged in. best way to get it to open is to plug the flash drive in, then power on the console. if it doesn't detect it (i.e. you have updates blocked), rename $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate

Reactions: freak_powa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY