Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got a Guru meditation error trying to play Akumajou Densetsu.nsf, Castlevania3.nsf and Contra.nsf. Also, the special sound chanel of the Famicom disk system does not play on .nsf files, only in game mode (.fds roms)
fds sound is not enabled in nsf mode. I would fix that later.
the Guru thing may be due to the bugs of nfs play code.

Just logged-on to say, thanks so much for .nsf support.
You rock!
Thanks for all your hard-work.
B-)
Hi. I've tried out NESDS a loooong time ago, with my M3 Perfect, and it worked really nice besides the fact that the NES folder was littered with corrupt files. Other than that, I can just ignore those files and it'll work fine, but these recent versions don't work on my M3 at all.
I DLDI patched it, and it keeps saying "Device failed".
Why is this?
I dont have a card except r4sdhc, you may turn to someone else.
'folder was littered with corrupt files'????
In this version in some games the music sounds a bit weird, for example in akumaju densetsu or in the music title of adventure island, in the previous version sounds fine, or is only me?
I changed the sound effect, due to the 'logtable' thing. And it sounds different than before. Maybe you can tell me the the revision numbers of both versions.

YOU RELLY ROCK!!! Thanks for the suport of this amazing proyect, looking forward for the update fix n_n. I noticed you are very interested of the sound performance in the emulator, do... do you think is possible to emulate a "paning" effect for the sound, like the .nsf player does on Moonshell 2 and the NotSoFasto Plug-in for Winamp???? It would be awesome :D

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Love this emulator! :D

I've been having some issues with the latest version. A few games freeze whenever I choose to save SRAM/save state, and then I end up having to restart the emulator and have lost progress. It seems to work for some games, so is this a bug? Or am I saving wrong? xD

(The list of games that are having the issue, if it matters)V

Adventures of Lolo 2
Adventures of Lolo 3
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Gaiden
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Pac-Man
Roadblasters
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda II - The Adventure of Link

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, it would possible add a new screen dedicated to the saves states recorded with creation date? What happens is sometimes difficult to know which slot is in use and which not, or at least a text saying -in use- or -empy- to avoid overwrite by error. Anyway, in the 1.2b you fixed the sound in akumaju densetsu, and in the last with the support of nes music sounds a little bad again,so for me the 1.2b version is the best, can be fixed? Thanks for this great emulator,the games in scale 1:1 looks awesome! Thanks a lot!! Pd. sorry bad English

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
do you think is possible to emulate a "paning" effect for the sound
Maybe I will add that later..
Love this emulator! :D
I've been having some issues with the latest version. A few games freeze whenever I choose to save SRAM/save state, and then I end up having to restart the emulator and have lost progress. It seems to work for some games, so is this a bug? Or am I saving wrong? xD
Would you help testing these games with another version of nesDS? If it did the same thing, I would try to fix.
nesDS older than 1.3a may cause to lost your saving file. Every time you turn off your nds, you could open the rom menu and than shut it down, this is the safe way I have known, dont know why. I think nesDS1.3a fixed this bug.
I just played though the Zelda I a few weeks ago, and found the 'freeze' bug, but it only happened once, so I can not fix it. Sorry.
Those facts may due to the flashcart, cz I only have a r4sdhc, I cannot help test it with others.

Hello, it would possible add a new screen dedicated to the saves states recorded with creation date? What happens is sometimes difficult to know which slot is in use and which not, or at least a text saying -in use- or -empy- to avoid overwrite by error. Anyway, in the 1.2b you fixed the sound in akumaju densetsu, and in the last with the support of nes music sounds a little bad again,so for me the 1.2b version is the best, can be fixed? Thanks for this great emulator,the games in scale 1:1 looks awesome! Thanks a lot!! Pd. sorry bad English
I may add the time later.
I think the arm7 core of nesDS can not fully work the sound out(out of power), and that contributes to the 'bad sound'.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tested the games on version 1.0a, most of them still froze when I tried to save a state or save SRAM. The ones that did save like they should have on the older version were Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., and Zelda II.
Hope that helps. :)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kikirini: when is the last time you did a full reformat of your msd card using the panasonic formatter? i would recommend that you give that a try and then copy back on clean copies of the kernel, roms, and emu. it is possible that a small bit of corruption is causing your issue. debugging again after reformatting would help to narrow down if the issue is caused by nesds.

-another world

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do an exit to firmware feature (like Moonshell 2) for people without homebrew reset?

Shutting the power off and on is a bit inconvenient since NesDS is the only emulator on my DSTWO without firmware exiting.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think we need the final touch in menus
presentation for the best nes emulator, something like in the copper mame emulators, they are beautiful and quite professional.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/coppers-mame-emus.292410/

P.D. Sorry but I think that the nes music player isn't necessary, the moonshell has support for it.

P.D.2 Sorry my bad English.

Thanks a lot huiminghao!!

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an exit to menu button/option? if not can that be implemented?
its annoying having to switch my DS off and back on again if i wanna carry on playing something not nes :P

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you read what I posted?

there are two options ..one for games, and other for homebrews (with more then one method of soft-reset them actually)
you obviously can't reset homebrew enabling the soft-reset for games only...

BobsYurUncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an issue on both screens where the bottom pixels are mirroring those just above.

nesdsissue.jpg

Running on 3ds XL, R4I Gold 1.57 firmware.

This problem does not occur on the old nesds circa 2007 but I've downloaded the latest because I'm interested in the wifi capabilities.

I've tried with/without the provided .ini file however I've never actually seen any other videos/screenshots of a 3ds xl running this emulator.
If anyone is, without this issue, I'd appreciate it if they could upload their .ini file. Unless of course there is another solution.
Otherwise, hopefully this will be fixed with the next update.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU