updating dsh w/rgh

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i broke out the 360 last night to play with family. been 5 years or so. couple of issues but my main issue is updating the dash. i keep a update available and while in aurora i get black screens. im assuming its because of the update. cause when i switch to my normal M$ dash nand it works fine. sorry forgot to mention its a dual nand MW3 edition. after updating the dash i would like to install FSD as main dash on other nand. but at same time i would like a completely fresh install. there is alot of stuff listed i dont have and i forgot the locations for dlc, updates, avatar, and all that jazz.
was wondering if dash 17511 was supported for updating the nand and is there a tutorial or walk thru? it has been AGES since i touched this console.
thanX in advance

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 17559 is the latest. You don't need to update unless you want to as 17511 should be able to play all games. It's not hard, but no where near as easy with the ps3.

Reactions: barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so as in a fresh install what can i delete, seems i have some stuff internally as well. unless thats covered in the tut, just got home and relaized i have avatar items and dlc/arcade stuff
thanX again guys!
It's pretty much the same today. It's never really changed.
dam your quick lol.
so as in a fresh install what can i delete, seems i have some stuff internally as well. unless thats covered in the tut, just got home and relaized i have avatar items and dlc/arcade stuff
thanX again guys!
is this the last update for the console?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the latest update. The last few updates were for glass and tos iirc. Avatar and dlc will likely be in your content folder. You will have to install the official update of 17559 after flashing. It will install missing kinect, media, xbox original, and Avatar data to the internal hdd. You'll have a grey silhouette for your Avatar before installing it.

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, thats why! i have a usb stick in and it says X360 ONLY on it. so i open it up and its a M$ update but nothing else. but why. anyways

F3Rev58Release.7z is all i could find. but ill read the tut and figure it out in the am. thanx again

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like freestyle 3. That's a jtag/rgh dashboard.
just wanted to say thanX, i deleted paths and re added them. now all is good for now lol. i did get fsd installed but im leaving it as a homebrew app for now. now i just need to update both sides of the nands. from what i remember i used a app on xbox to dump nand, then i used something from JSwizzy? to write nand after matching the mobo and selecting the dash build. this sound familiar?

your pretty quick so i figure i would ask you before scouring the internet to find the info 10 minutes before i have to go to work lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several nand dumpers. I use nand flasher 360. It's simplified now, so you no longer need to input stuff like your mobo. It reads that info from the nand dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8