Hacking Question Updating Firmware while you are in The SX OS

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there,i am on fw 3.00 and installed the sxOs and now i am curious when update the sx os to the new 5.00, do i lose the 3.00 software of my original (horizon os)
any ideas?

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
Tell you what you have my 4.1 system and ill take your 3.0 then .......actually scrap that no in all seriousness sxos is still the official nintendo horizon os just with patches made do not update the firmware eapecially from a valuble 3.0 fw console

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell you what you have my 4.1 system and ill take your 3.0 then .......actually scrap that no in all seriousness sxos is still the official nintendo horizon os just with patches made do not update the firmware eapecially from a valuble 3.0 fw console

ok thank you very much!

a crap that i still can not play the mario O. game !

any way to spoof with the sx os?

Reactions: kingraa777

re.lax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a tut to update/downgrade your firmware to any version without burning fuses in the tut section. I just did mine last night to play odyssey. If the time comes you can downgrade back to 3.0.0. Be sure to read it fully, there’s some minor drawbacks.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a tut to update/downgrade your firmware to any version without burning fuses in the tut section. I just did mine last night to play odyssey. If the time comes you can downgrade back to 3.0.0. Be sure to read it fully, there’s some minor drawbacks.
i am afraid it is really risky xD... so yeah i am worried as u can tell

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You lost Deja Vu cold boot.
You lost function of the cartridge slot controller at lower firmware.
You lost.

Yeah Coldboot isnt any Important, also the Chance we get Coldboot is Like 0,0001% it is possible but No one is even Close. 4.1 get Warmboot which is also useless since you boot into OFW to boot CFW, so easier with AutoRCM.Also since we have autoRCM and I am Sure we find a way to spoof the fuses in Cartridge :-)

Last edited by ehnoah,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just upgrade.....you bought the console to play games right? Staying on low firmware is just restricting you. I'm on 5.1.0 and I still have emulators and other homebrew, LayeredFS works and TX OS. Sure, there may be a few that don't work (like I couldn't get the Neo-Geo Pocket emulator to work). Sure, you MAY lose out on the opportunity to cold boot, but that's really the only thing you would be missing out on and maybe a couple homebrew apps that may not work.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just upgrade.....you bought the console to play games right? Staying on low firmware is just restricting you. I'm on 5.1.0 and I still have emulators and other homebrew, LayeredFS works and TX OS. Sure, there may be a few that don't work (like I couldn't get the Neo-Geo Pocket emulator to work). Sure, you MAY lose out on the opportunity to cold boot, but that's really the only thing you would be missing out on and maybe a couple homebrew apps that may not work.

I bought a switch to hack and tinker with, not sure why the OP did. Most the games suck ass (PC MASTER RACE FTW), only a select few I would like to play. Coldboot is important to many people around here including myself so please stop telling people it's not important or useless, just because you don't feel the need for it.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Bernhard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1