Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone,
I just got my wii unlocked from a game store
they said it was a software unlocking
BUT, i could never play online games, 'cause it would automatically upgrade to 4.2, and that would kill my wii.

is that true?
is there any way to avoid this? or play online safely?
i am scared
unsure.gif

thanks

murilow570

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i live in brazil
they charged me R$200 (about U$100)
that's not easy

i used to have a modchip
but original games, such as SSBB, didnt work.

The firmware is 4.0U

they also installed a channel that i can play all-regions games

so, u guys think i can upgrade it safely? if i do, how? or just play online without being scared..
thanks for helpin
yay.gif

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont run the Nintendo official update. If you update, run the safe updater. But then you have to re-apply all the softmods. And then I wonder why you paid a $100 for someone to do a lousy job, if you're gonna do it right yourself after that.

murilow570

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yo man, now idk why i did that :S

but they said that the 4.2 upgrade would make my wii functionless, you know? like dead..
is that true?
wink2.gif

thanks
yay.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
murilow570 said:

but they said that the 4.2 upgrade would make my wii functionless, you know? like dead..
is that true?
wink2.gif

thanks
yay.gif
man why did you open a thread regarding this? there are existing discussions of this topic already. anyways to answer your questions; upgrading your wii to 4.2 will not make your wii functionless. the main purpose of the 4.2 upgrade primarily focuses on removing homebrew on your wii...in other words removing the softmod of your wii. that's why wii owners usually don't do this update (like me) or some choose to update but not by official means (through ninty). if you choose to upgrade i suggest that you follow xzxero's guide (a sticky here) in modifiying your wii. but better read discussions here first before starting to mess your wii up or your wii might end like an expensive white paper weight.
smile.gif

since you said that they had installed a software channel that runs region free games, what is the name of the channel? neogamma? gecko os? better read forums here i suggest. there is a newbie thread in this forum better post your question there next time and there will be more experienced people willing to help you out there.

good luck.

edit: btw, your wii is kinda expensive for a $100 modification work since you are still going to modify it again because it is not soft modified properly.
smile.gif

LordX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murilow570 said:

is that true?
wink2.gif

thanks
yay.gif

your wii is USA model for sure ? if your Wii is USA model you can update but it will delete all hacks and you will have to hack the 4.2 again.
if your wii is from Korea/asia and was modified to USA then it will die ...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dai-a said:
Oh and if you paid for homebrew channel or any channel like that. You were scammed. Demand your money back.
this guy is right. in the first place you should not pay any amount of money for homebrew. this is a scam. the homebrew coders doesn't accept any money in return for their hard work and talent. yeah demand for your money back.
smile.gif

murilow570

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks for so many replies. u guys are really helping me
and yes, im sure it's american.
is it too hard hacking 4.2 ?

would u guys mind helping me on that process?
million thanks
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk