Hacking URGENT: AK2i Issue!

Does pressing Select+Start+Up freeze your ROM's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I was playing Robot Ninja Haggleman 2 on Retro Game Challenge using a clean (U) ROM on an AK2i (running AKAIO 1.8.6a), and I just pressed SEL+START+Up (cause I thought it was a cheat) and IT FROZE. Checked the cart contacts, tried again, FROZE. Tried it on Bleach - Blade of Fate: FROZE. Tried it on Bomberman: FROZE.

Tried it on DSOrganize: Kept working.
Tried it on Powder: Kept working.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing happens here using that combo
mellow.gif

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that's weird... it appears that my 999 ROM has frozen.
Soma Bringer too... even the sound.
Golden Sun gave me some graphic problems.

neither saves were corrupted.

mine's an AK2.1 with HWID 80 and running AKAIO 1.8.6a.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
at this point you format the micro sd card, install 1.8.7, and try that 1 rom again to see if the same problem happens.

i've had corrupted cards where everything worked but 1 homebrew. no matter what i did that 1 file did not work. format, test again, and everything works. msd cards are just that delicate. they weren't designed with flash kits in mind.

-another world

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
81 is a very common ID, it's what I've got and I don't have these issues with other games, though I don't know what cheats you wanted to use.
I don't have any cheats on, in fact I don't think even the cheat mechanism is enabled.

QUOTE(Another World @ May 20 2011, 03:11 AM) at this point you format the micro sd card, install 1.8.7, and try that 1 rom again to see if the same problem happens.

i've had corrupted cards where everything worked but 1 homebrew. no matter what i did that 1 file did not work. format, test again, and everything works. msd cards are just that delicate. they weren't designed with flash kits in mind.

-another world
It was with 3 CLEAN ROM's, and I didn't bother to test any more. Also, the ROM's work fine unless I press that combo, and homebrew is seemingly not affected.

EDIT: I just tried Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes with the combo: FROZE.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
~Stenny said:
my problem is solved with AKAIO 1.8.7.

note that all my roms are trimmed.
I've upgraded to AKAIO 1.8.7, but haven't tested it yet.
My ROM's are all trimmed, too.

On 1.8.6a, SM64DS was also confirmed to freeze with the combo.

EDIT: AKAIO 1.8.7 did nothing to fix the problem.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Maybe try a non-trimmed rom. Or try redownloading- maybe the rom is corrupted?
Unfortunately I trimmed all of my ROMs, and getting more is not an option. Besides, all of the games function normally unless I press the combo.

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the START + SELECT + up combo does have a function aside from turning on/off cheats.

those buttons, when pressed together, may delete your save in no less than 3 Pokemon games, as far as i know, so Fishaman P could have discovered about the freezing issue without purpose. unfortunately it appears he/she did it for cheating.

the trimmed roms aren't kind of a problem, because my games are trimmed too, all of them, and they do work flawlessly.

i guess we should show this little issue to the bug reports section in AKAIO Forums, but only because the combo mentioned has a natural function which doesn't relate to the flashcards scene. the beta testers can give us a help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...