• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Lacius and @djpannda and all you other liberal fools.....

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...-americans-still-afghanistan-taliban-violence

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3268717/taliban-crush-gay-men-death-jihadis-afghanistan-sharia-law/

Look at the things the Taliban are doing! So my big question is...... what are you doing to pressure Twitter into banning the Taliban from their platform? Unless you're OK with the Taliban killing gays and murdering innocent civilians and you want to make sure they have a right to freedom of speech? Just wondering.............. I'm willing to bet your replies will be along the lines of..."I don't support Twitter allowing the Taliban to post on their platform but it's a free country and they are allowed to ban or not ban whoever they want."

PS Maybe before you reply, you better quickly go back and start erasing/editing all your comments about how it was OK for Trump to be banned from all social media platforms because he was spreading hate. Or will I look at your post history and spot messages about how everyone should be free to post whatever they want on social media and banning Trump was a violation of his rights and he should be reinstated on all platforms? :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Lacius and @djpannda and all you other liberal fools.....

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...-americans-still-afghanistan-taliban-violence

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3268717/taliban-crush-gay-men-death-jihadis-afghanistan-sharia-law/

Look at the things the Taliban are doing! So my big question is...... what are you doing to pressure Twitter into banning the Taliban from their platform? Unless you're OK with the Taliban killing gays and murdering innocent civilians and you want to make sure they have a right to freedom of speech? Just wondering.............. I'm willing to bet your replies will be along the lines of..."I don't support Twitter allowing the Taliban to post on their platform but it's a free country and they are allowed to ban or not ban whoever they want."

PS Maybe before you reply, you better quickly go back and start erasing/editing all your comments about how it was OK for Trump to be banned from all social media platforms because he was spreading hate. Or will I look at your post history and spot messages about how everyone should be free to post whatever they want on social media and banning Trump was a violation of his rights and he should be reinstated on all platforms? :)
If anybody is violating Twitter's terms, they should be penalized.

Reactions: Dakitten

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. I -KNOW- you were laughing when you typed that!

Here's another for ya: https://nypost.com/2021/08/16/taliban-leader-was-freed-from-guantanamo-in-2014-swap-by-obama/

........that's gotta sting, eh sport?

Why? First, nobody is married to Obama like right wingers are to Trump. Second, he isn't in office anymore anyways. Third, it doesn't really change anything going on today, but those sorts of things happened in other administration's too, and Fourth the right started this futile romp that got tons of people killed for nothing and thus still squarely earn that ire. Sorry, comrade.

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

this dumpster fire of a thread still ongoing? Well, guess time for me to add on.

1. Bush should of never went to Afghanistan in the first place
2. Obama and Trump should of pulled out when they got the chance.
3. Biden made the correct choice.
4. given the fact that we were there for littearly 20 years, and the taliban took over in a mere 7 days, proves that we weren't there to establish a functioning government or help Afghanistan. There would of been infrastructure built in place to help them.
No the reason we went to war over there was for profit, and nothing else. For military contractors to collect cash, for manufactures of war to get paid.

So how much more of this are we going to see, that show how bad this administration screwed this up?
There was no possible way to make it any better, the pretenses it started on was false from the very beginning.

Bush, Obama, and Trump are all complicit in being in a war for profit sake, for having troops wasting their time over there and some lives. Over a pointless, (well not pointless if you count money) reason.

Reactions: Xzi and Dakitten
D

Deleted User

Who was responsible for the withdrawal? Biden and his administration.
and waste more time there? more time? How many years does it need? 30? 50? 100? No. Especially since us going there in the first place was unjustified in the first place.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why? First, nobody is married to Obama like right wingers are to Trump. Second, he isn't in office anymore anyways. Third, it doesn't really change anything going on today, but those sorts of things happened in other administration's too, and Fourth the right started this futile romp that got tons of people killed for nothing and thus still squarely earn that ire. Sorry, comrade.
Wow if he's angry over the five Taliban Obama freed in exchange for one American, nobody tell him about the five thousand Taliban Trump freed without getting anything in return.

D

Deleted User

Opinion: there was no possibly way to make it any better.
if Biden continued, and we assume he is relected (since generally most presidents do end up getting two terms) that would be 28 years, we would still be in there. Even more time being there. FFS my entire life time we've been there, over a war that is pointless outside of profit motive and being a imperialist fuck twat.

D

Deleted User

That's not the point. It is obvious with this administration if they screwed up the withdrawal then yes they would screw up whatever was done. (if we stayed longer) They obviously were the wrong ones to be handling this.
No, all the previous administrations fucked up. It's obvious none of them planned any infrastructure if they wanted change. Infrastructure doesn't take 20 years. especially the richest nation in the goddamn world. If any of the previous ones did anything, it wouldn't have taken less than 7 days for it to be a loss. Biden's not the issue here. We should of never been there in the first place.

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not the point. It is obvious with this administration if they screwed up the withdrawal then yes they would screw up whatever was done. (if we stayed longer) They obviously were the wrong ones to be handling this.
How many times does it need to be repeated? The country fell so quickly to the Taliban because the Afghan government/military did not stand up for itself. You're delusional if you think they would've acted any differently for any American president/administration.

D

Deleted User

Biden and this administrations utter failure at this withdrawal has nothing to do with other administrations.

Now there seems to be more and more evidence the level of failure at this by this administration is monumental.
Alright. How many years has Biden been president? Perhaps you don't grapple with why Biden isn't the problem.
Biden's been president for less than a year.
Trump had 4 years, 4 years to make changes in afghanistan.
Obama had 8 years, to make changes in afghanistan.
Bush had 8 years to make changes in afghanistan.
Those previous 3, Bush, Obama, and Trump. Should of have in place infrastructure that was working so we could pull out.
But they didn't, and it became obvious why, profit. There's a lot of oil in the middle east. There's a lot of military contractors who do love getting paid from the government. There was about double the amount of military contractors than US military members.
I don't know what made Biden pull out, but it's the right move. We've wasted waay to much fucking time, and that time was genuinely wasted. Biden wouldn't be able to fix that wasted time, no amount of changes would fix it.

We were there for profit, not to fix anything. Money, over people.

and putting more time in? is not worth it. It's just digging a sunk cost fallacy even further.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's an opinion regardless of how you put it. There is already direct evidence this administration completely disregarded
https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/trump-taliban/
meanwhile you had trump release taliban members

Last edited by ,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden and this administrations utter failure at this withdrawal has nothing to do with other administrations.

That is the whole point of this thread from the title and is still as accurate as when it was started.

Now there seems to be more and more evidence the level of failure at this by this administration is monumental.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's an opinion regardless of how you put it. There is already direct evidence this administration completely disregarded and canceled certain things that would have made this process better.

We shall see hopefully how deep this pile of crap they created goes.
What is this evidence exactly? Aside from a promise from the last president that he had it in hand so long as he stayed in power, as he totes did. :wtf:

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you want to have a conversation about this haha. Not even going to try, I have already posted at least one link today.

You just ignore reality and attempt to re-direct to some new straw man. I have yet to see one of you what 3 or 4 admit what a complete failure this administration made of this withdrawal. Which was the point of this thread. I don't believe at this point any of you few posting for Biden are capable of any objectiveness. Most of the world was able to see that easily. I don't see other world leaders complaining about Trump now, it's about Biden and this administration.

I also get the impression you all have a thing for Trump or something because even though the point of this is how bad this administration did in withdrawal, you keep trying to talk about Trump.
You're the one who claimed Biden canceled or changed things that lead to tragedy, which indicates the former president had some plan that would have resulted in a better departure. Considering how poorly he's handled everything else, I'd say my doubts are justified... but if you have evidence, by all means, I would love to see it! It could be relevant in the future if nothing else!

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
"That was so yesterday George. Oh boo hoo people falling from the sky. Come on man."

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how much more of this are we going to see, that show how bad this administration screwed this up?

Joe Biden’s State Department moved to cancel a critical State Department program aimed at providing swift and safe evacuations of Americans out of crisis zones just months prior to the fall of Kabul, The National Pulse can exclusively reveal.

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/bidens-state-dept-halted-trump-era-crisis-response-plan/

The beating both Biden and Kamala have been taking does not seem to be letting up.

I just saw some blurb saying Biden told ABC that the Afghanistan withdrawal couldn't have been handled better. I wonder if he even knows anymore what happened?
interesting when you read the wiki about the the editor in chief of national pulse

"Raheem Kassam (born 1 August 1986)[1] is a conservative British political activist, former editor-in-chief of Breitbart News London, and former chief adviser to former UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage.[2] He has been described as far-right,[3][4][5] racist, homophobic and right-wing[6] by several media publications. Kassam formerly ran in the party's November 2016 leadership election before dropping out of the race on 31 October 2016.[7] He is the former global editor-in-chief of Human Events and most recently became the editor-in-chief of The National Pulse.[8]"

"In December 2019, Kassam became editor-in-chief of The National Pulse, an American news and conspiracy website on the political right."

Last edited by izy,

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
those who are in favor to take off soldiers and supporting biden you are filthy and hypocritical you are favorable to the massacre and murdered people there what a shame abduction of the American troops should have been intelligently not condemned people to death alone the money interested biden removing the troops at once means stopping the financial pit for the mobilization of troops and aid to the country (whether it is help or not it costs the money)
to Trump point you out of owes all his bullshit but Biden you justify his acts even the most loathsome
For the moment, at the military level, what I remember is that President Trump has prevented North Korea from working on nuclear bombs at leisure and Biden president allowed a massacre in afghanisant
Trump might not have done better to see worse I have no idea but look for excuses in Biden and still say but Trump no his work is not so if Biden is the sole responsible he could have thought before acting but no his wanted the worship of the americans and reduce the costs therefore tied to money and more

following this debacle I add that north korea and other country could feel bigger and try many things that could lead to the third world war but it remains a guess

sorry for the difficulty of understanding I use google translate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If pills could make us full with all the probiotics we need would being a pill popper still be bad