Hacking (USB LOADER GX) Games stop installing at about 80% / 90%

Has anyone ever downloaded a game successfully without any errors?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZackyTheGamer

i like gaming
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm trying to install "Mario Kart Wii (PAL)" on my USB, all of a sudden, it just stops installing at about 80% or 90%. So the game is about 2GB but IDK how it just stops downloading the game. I can still hear the music & I can move the Number One Hand but, yeah it just won't install. Anyone else know how to solve this problem?

Last edited by ZackyTheGamer,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I'm trying to install "Mario Kart Wii (PAL)" on my USB, all of a sudden, it just stops installing at about 80% or 90%. So the game is about 2GB but IDK how it just stops downloading the game. I can still hear the music & I can move the Number One Hand but, yeah it just won't install. Anyone else know how to solve this problem?

Hello.:)

If you are using USBLoader GX please check it is the latest Version v3.0 r1272.

Please check also the Loader´s IOS:

Settings - Loader Settings - Loader´s IOS and please change it to IOS 249 and try the Install Option again.

Please change it back to IOS58 after you have installed your Games.:)

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hmm... maybe that would work too! I'll try and then I will come back to this post after.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope that didn't work. It just stays as 0%.

Would you be so kind and run a sysCheck and have a Look on your cIOS 249 and 250 please ?

Here is a very good GBAtemp tutorial how to achieve this please:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Please copy/paste the Content of it in your next Answer.

Reactions: jeannotte

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is not his setup or the IOS or the cIOS or the homebrew or the partition format or MBR/GPT. (at least, it would work with WBFS partition format, but please don't suggest that as a solution, this is only a downward workaround where you'll have to deal with teaching even more outdated things and provide more headache and frustration and issues to fix later)
The problem is still the same for EVERY new users posting on GBATemp for 5 years, you didn't recognized the issue?

would you, by any chance, refer to your USB Stick/key/flashdrive as "USB" ?
that's your problem ! and nobody noticed you used a wrong device because you didn't name it properly.

Solution : use a "USB" instead of a "USB" ;)
see, you didn't understand me either.
USB is the plug type, not the device.

USB Stick/key/flash Don't work in write mode on the console It works only on computer! you can't dump (install, copy, extract from disc) a game on Flash drives using homebrew !
USB HDD work !
USB Keyboard is useless
see, they are ALL using USB plug type, one is an external HDD (good), while the other is flash drive (bad), and the last is a keyboard (why?).

Please, don't use the plug type anymore to refer as your devices.
You don't use "jack" to refer to headphones or microphones, but they are both using jack plugs !
You don't use "RCA" or "YBcBr" or "hdmi" either when you talk about a console, even if that's what they use to connect to the TV ! At least you say "console", not hdmi.
why would you refer to "USB" when that's the plug type?

This is USB :
USB.png

This is a flash drive using USB2.0 type A plug (white):
NOT WORKING WITH WII/WIIU !
flash.jpg

This is what you need:
an USB2.0 or USB3.0 External HDD.
HDD.jpg

Last edited by Cyan,

Deleted member 506316

100% Shit, 0% Post
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not his setup or the IOS or the cIOS or the homebrew or the partition format or MBR/GPT. (at least, it would work with WBFS partition format, but please don't suggest that as a solution, this is only a downward workaround where you'll have to deal with teaching even more outdated things and provide more headache and frustration and issues to fix later)
The problem is still the same for EVERY new users posting on GBATemp for 5 years, you didn't recognized the issue?

would you, by any chance, refer to your USB Stick/key/flashdrive as "USB" ?
that's your problem ! and nobody noticed you used a wrong device because you didn't name it properly.

Solution : use a "USB" instead of a "USB" ;)
see, you didn't understand me either.
USB is the plug type, not the device.

USB Stick/key/flash Don't work in write mode on the console It works only on computer! you can't dump (install, copy, extract from disc) a game on Flash drives using homebrew !
USB HDD work !
USB Keyboard is useless
see, they are ALL using USB plug type, one is an external HDD (good), while the other is flash drive (bad), and the last is a keyboard (why?).

Please, don't use the plug type anymore to refer as your devices.
You don't use "jack" to refer to headphones or microphones, but they are both using jack plugs !
You don't use "RCA" or "YBcBr" or "hdmi" either when you talk about a console, even if that's what they use to connect to the TV ! At least you say "console", not hdmi.
why would you refer to "USB" when that's the plug type?

This is USB :
View attachment 198975

This is a flash drive using USB2.0 type A plug (white):
NOT WORKING WITH WII/WIIU !
View attachment 198973

This is what you need:
an USB2.0 or USB3.0 External HDD.
View attachment 198974
Uhh, every single flash drive I've used had worked with my black 2009 Wii. All of them are 2.0. They range from PNY to SanDisk to Chinese knockoff. Please explain.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
good for you.
I guess you probably didn't try to dump a game on flash? it doesn't work.
and if it really does, you are lucky, and probably used a very old device (new ones, for years now 2010+, don't work anymore). or maybe because "very old ones" matches when users still used WBFS and not FAT32.

I also have a PNY <2010 I used with the loader.
but lot of users are not that old.

if it's not a flashdrive problem, please also explain why using hdd fix the problem. using a different external hardware without changing any console setup does the work.
some work, some don't. only people with non working drives post here, so of course most threads are from non working setup and it can feel like no flash drives are working at all. I guess there are more working ones that we know, they are just happy users not asking for help.

Last edited by Cyan,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

...I don't want to sound "confrontational" or anything, but that's absolutely untrue. Every single game I ripped using CleanRip (and they're quite a few if we also count GC games) was using a flash drive, and never gave me a single issue. Not even once. Every game resulted in a good ISO file, Redump verified. Then I just moved them to my PC and transfer them to whatever Flash Drive I wanted to install it to, converting those ISOs to WBFS in the process.

I've used several flash drives as years passed, so it's not like I used only one for this. And I've write this same thing over and over for years now on this forum too. And they're still selling them, the ones I used more frequently are normal Toshiba Flash Drives.

Like this one:
https://www.amazon.es/Toshiba-Hayab...flash+drive&qid=1584531198&s=computers&sr=1-3

I'm sure you can get them for less somewhere else, though. I even wanted to try once with one of those crappy Aliexpress flash drives, but when it arrived, the bastard didn't even connect to my computer, lol.

You have a point about people without issues not posting about it (although I did whenever I see this sort of talk appear). There's no reason to seek help when you don't need it... But that also applies to HDD issues. You can find lots of them if you look around sites like some subreddits or here, but that doesn't mean they never work.

Anyway... To respond the poll, Yes, I ripped many games without issue, but not using USB Loader GX, using CleanRip instead. With USB Loader GX it pretty much always froze at any %. I think I only got one or two games ripped well, Rune Factory Frontier and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, If I remember right, it was long ago...

Last edited by Maeson,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like the first user of this thread, users who have issue with their flash drive in write mode usually have them with all dumpers, not only USBLoaderGX. cleanRIP and other loaders alike.
So, there might be good brand, and wrong ones.

Most problem with HDD is fixed when setting IOS to 58 (because nintendo's code has what's needed to init newer drives, while cIOS modules don't).
most problem with flash drive are fixed (unfortunately) by using HDD, or finding a working flash drive, but it's always a hardware problem. suggesting another flashdrive might end in yet another non working device and the advice wouldn't be good. suggesting HDD is sure to work.
Well, it's a hardware problem until someone fix cIOS modules (as IOS58 is not enough for some flashdrives) to work properly with all device types. Leseratte is working on cIOS d2x again, I don't know if he'll be able to find a fix, but I hope he will for everyone's joy :)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXVXw5ELqA&pp=ygUYTW9yZSBpbnNhbmUgOTBzIGdhbWUgYWRz