• Views 7,210,681
  • Replies 29,372
  • Likes 48

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank u。 successfully installed ,but same issue (when playing “the kirby”)with Trackmania using the latest usbloader gx
Excite Truck isn't playable from an SD card, although that might change in the future.

Kirby also doesn't fully work correctly when it's played from an SD card, but the reason behind it is entirely different and I'm still trying to pin point the problem.

tsmvengy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Return to Dreamland is VERY picky when it comes to USB loader. I had played it successfully and tried to return to it recently and it just would crash when it went to place a new level. I discovered that in between, I had set USB Loader GX to default to return to USB loader when using the home button. I had to alter the custom settings for Kirby to return it to the normal home button behavior. Then the game worked.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
where is the seeting ,open the sd card made?i didnt find it?i use 1281 dol,i find everywhere in setting?nothing !
If you unplug any USB storage devices then it'll ask you if you want to enable SD card mode when you start the loader, but you can also go into the loaders hard drive settings and enable or disable the setting from in there.

Last edited by blackb0x,

wei134102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you unplug any USB storage devices then it'll ask you if you want to enable SD card mode when you start the loader, but you can also go into the loaders hard drive settings and enable or disable the setting from in there.
yes , when it boot and press A to enalbe sd card made,but in setting i cant edit custom paths,
in setting what the page i can find the sd card setting?gui setting,loader settings,hard drive settings,features!
Post automatically merged:

About a few days ago, I remembered another friend's WII. I set sd card made, but on my current WII, I suddenly couldn't find that setting

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-09_10-37-13.png
    Screenshot_2023-02-09_10-37-13.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 68

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but in setting i cant edit custom paths
If your SD card has more than 1 partition then you'll receive errors like this...

https://gbatemp.net/posts/10044968

So the current solution is to make 1 big FAT32 partition. Otherwise you'd need to wait until I release my next update, which has improved FAT32 partition seeking for the SD card mode.

in setting what the page i can find the sd card setting?gui setting,loader settings,hard drive settings,features!
It'll be the third option within the hard drive settings menu. Although the option might be missing if you've got more than 1 partition on your SD card, so you'd need to set sdmode=0 in meta.xml instead.

Last edited by blackb0x,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

wei134102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If your SD card has more than 1 partition then you'll receive errors like this...

https://gbatemp.net/posts/10044968

So the current solution is to make 1 big FAT32 partition. Otherwise you'd need to wait until I release my next update, which has improved FAT32 partition seeking for the SD card mode.

It'll be the third option within the hard drive settings menu. Although the option might be missing if you've got more than 1 partition on your SD card, so you'd need to set sdmode=0 in meta.xml instead.
thinks a lot,i just ues some divers tool see the sd card ,the card had some problom!i will try another one!

PhilRoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a question:
Does Loader GX support HID controllers for navigating the app? (like nintendont with gamecube games).
It would be really great to be able to control the loader gx menu with the generic controller, instead of the wiimote

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello, I just want to report a possible bug here (could not find the option to do that on the github page) with version v3.0-r1281
The issue seems to be with the automatic initialization of the usb drive, I always get the error message "USB device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode."
However the usb drive gets detected when I go to the settings/hard drive settings and click on the part where it says "Game/Install Partition Not initialized"
Then I have to tick in Wii Games under "Select title sources" and all the wii games appear but when trying to play any of them sometimes they run but most of the time the loader just exits to the homebrew channel.

My Sandisk usb drive is FAT32 formatted and I updated to the lates cIOS too (d2x-v11-beta1).

This issue with initializing the same usb drive does not appear with the previous version v3.0-r1280
Thank you.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a question:
Does Loader GX support HID controllers for navigating the app? (like nintendont with gamecube games).
It would be really great to be able to control the loader gx menu with the generic controller, instead of the wiimote
It doesn't, but if you add the fakemote module to the d2x cIOS then you can use some PS3/PS4 controllers.

My Sandisk usb drive is FAT32 formatted and I updated to the lates cIOS too (d2x-v11-beta1).
The issue likely comes down to the loader/IOS not fully supporting your USB flash drive, since no changes were made between 1280 and 1281 that'd change the behaviour of USB devices.

You could try to change the --bootios=58 to --bootios=249 in the meta.xml file. And you'll also need to remove the two lines to enable arguments, assuming they're still present.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
The issue likely comes down to the loader/IOS not fully supporting your USB flash drive, since no changes were made between 1280 and 1281 that'd change the behaviour of USB devices.

You could try to change the --bootios=58 to --bootios=249 in the meta.xml file. And you'll also need to remove the two lines to enable arguments, assuming they're still present.
Thanks for the quick reply, I never had this issue with previous versions of usb loader gx and this drive.
The issue only appeared with version v3.0-r1281 and it was the same with d2x-v10-beta52 and d2x-v11-beta1.
But I will test what you advised. Thanks!

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
USB Flashdrives (-stick, -pens) are worst option to use because of incompatibility. Even if you set up two Wii`s the exact same way, a USB Flashdrivestick might work on the one Wii, but not on the other.

d2x-v10-beta52 and d2x-v11-beta1 have the same USB Modul, so drive recognizen is the same.

You might try the different cIOS as Loader IOS inside USB Loader GX:
  • 249(base56)
  • 250(base57)
  • 58 or 251(base58), (set 251 for game cIOS)

Last edited by Sypherone,

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've noticed small bug related to generic classic controllers (don't have true one to check) - when disconnecting CC, Wiimote stops responding. Only solution is to connect another one and exit to Wii Menu.

Same problem is in WiiSXRX and Not64, so good solution could be applied to more apps.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed small bug related to generic classic controllers (don't have true one to check) - when disconnecting CC, Wiimote stops responding. Only solution is to connect another one and exit to Wii Menu.

Same problem is in WiiSXRX and Not64, so good solution could be applied to more apps.
You'll experience this issue with all homebrew that supports classic controllers, since it's handled by the libogc library.

I believe their stance on this subject is that you should purchase a genuine controller if you want things to work correctly, since it's hard for them to support all of the generic controllers and work around their issues.

Reactions: johw

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll experience this issue with all homebrew that supports classic controllers, since it's handled by the libogc library.

I believe their stance on this subject is that you should purchase a genuine controller if you want things to work correctly, since it's hard for them to support all of the generic controllers and work around their issues.
do you have the TAB MOD version?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you have the TAB MOD version?
It's not something that I release, but you should find a link for an updated version if you go back 4-5 pages.

I won't ever officially add tabs, since I don't like how cluttered it makes the user interface. But I will eventually release an update that makes it easier to quickly switch between Wii, GameCube, NAND and EmuNAND games.

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not something that I release, but you should find a link for an updated version if you go back 4-5 pages.

I won't ever officially add tabs, since I don't like how cluttered it makes the user interface. But I will eventually release an update that makes it easier to quickly switch between Wii, GameCube, NAND and EmuNAND games.
thank you for your work

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB Flashdrives (-stick, -pens) are worst option to use because of incompatibility. Even if you set up two Wii`s the exact same way, a USB Flashdrivestick might work on the one Wii, but not on the other.

d2x-v10-beta52 and d2x-v11-beta1 have the same USB Modul, so drive recognizen is the same.

You might try the different cIOS as Loader IOS inside USB Loader GX:
  • 249(base56)
  • 250(base57)
  • 58 or 251(base58), (set 251 for game cIOS)
I've been using USB flashdrives successfully without a single failure for nearly a decade. They are a GREAT option, use less power, and have no moving parts. And I have three Wii's. The same USB sticks work on all three. And it isn't just me. Many of us do. So don't claim they are the "worst option to use because of incompatibility." They are the best option for the reasons I stated and the fact that many of us have never had a single incompatibility in a decade of using them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1