• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @blackb0x and @XFlak

I recently also upgraded cIOS on my vWii from v10-beta52 to v11-beta1, because the later supports EmuNAND on hidden USB drive.

I can't get the partial (for Wii-Saves) EmuNAND on USB get recognized by the games started via ULGX. It works if I unhide the USB drive.

What am I doing wrong?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m trying to get my tabs to look like this.
Any ideas?
Running ver. 3.0.1269 tab mod
Check Badablek's posts for that mod.

I can't get the partial (for Wii-Saves) EmuNAND on USB get recognized by the games started via ULGX. It works if I unhide the USB drive.
I just tested this and can confirm that it's working for me, so I'll shoot you a private message about this.

By the way, you don't need to use UStealth anymore if you've got Aroma installed. You'd just go into Aromas setting (L + select + down), select AromaBasePlugin, Wii U Menu patches and then enable Avoid "Format" dialog on Wii U Menu.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: XFlak

Mulambo

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You can only download r1272 or older from SourceForge.

Some people have thousands of games and don't experience any issues. So roughly how many do you have?

The only list that's a little slow to populate is the channel grid, since that's got to load in animated banners for each game.

If deleting the usbloader_gx folder and reinstalling the loader doesn't speed things up then I'd assume that it's either got something to do with you using NTFS or that the d2x cIOS doesn't play nice with your USB HDD.
  1. Reformat the HDD to FAT32 (Wii Backup Manager has a tool to do this)
  2. Use…to install the games
  3. Change the cover paths from SD to USB if they're still slow to load
I meant Github, sorry. I just mixed up where I downloaded it, because my first versions were from Sourceforge.

I had about 1050 wbfs files in the folder. But I did only try this 1-2 times, and it was unbearable slow. I moved most of them out and have now about 260 in it. When I start the loader, I see a white screen about 10-15 sec. Then the menus load, and the cover images get rendered. So it‘s acceptable with that amount of games.

If I find another HDD I may try it in Fat 32. I have no Wii Backup Manager, as I have only Linux systems at home. But I can format it with Gparted there…

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had about 1050 wbfs files in the folder. But I did only try this 1-2 times, and it was unbearable slow. I moved most of them out and have now about 260 in it. When I start the loader, I see a white screen about 10-15 sec. Then the menus load, and the cover images get rendered. So it‘s acceptable with that amount of games.
The loader should easily be able to handle 1050 games. And you should only experience a brief (~3 seconds) pause the first time you boot the loader, since that's when it's building the cache.

The cache and the covers are likely being loaded from your SD card, so if your USB HDD isn't to blame then it's the SD card. Although it's less likely for it to be caused by an SD card.

As jeannotte pointed out, there are other options. But in general they're all frontends for WIT.

https://wit.wiimm.de/
https://github.com/evertonstz/wiibafu

I don't know if any of these will create the correct directory structure like Wii Backup Manager though.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: jeannotte

Mulambo

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The loader should easily be able to handle 1050 games. And you should only experience a brief (~3 seconds) pause the first time you boot the loader, since that's when it's building the cache.

The cache and the covers are likely being loaded from your SD card, so if your USB HDD isn't to blame then it's the SD card. Although it's less likely for it to be caused by an SD card.

As jeannotte pointed out, there are other options. But in general they're all frontends for WIT.

I don't know if any of these will create the correct directory structure like Wii Backup Manager though.
I changed all 4 cover paths to usb1:/ so that shouldn‘t be an issue. I‘m not sure, what path I set for the BNR cache, whatever that is…

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I changed all 4 cover paths to usb1:/ so that shouldn‘t be an issue.
If you were to change the paths back to the SD card and your covers start to load faster then that'd confirm that it's the USB HDD.

I‘m not sure, what path I set for the BNR cache, whatever that is…
The animated banners, which you'd see if you use the channel grid view.

Last edited by blackb0x,

_DJLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have modded my wii using the steps on wii.guide. I am able to to play gcn games in nintendont and wii games in usbloader gx.

However I am having trouble with cover art. When I try to download covers I get the error "Can't create directory usb8/apps/usbloader_gx/images".

I was able to get around this by going to the setting and creating custom paths to the sd card and downloading the images. However the next time I open up usbloader, the covers are gone (they are still on my sd card but the loader isn't fetching them until I change the settings again.) I'm also unable to save cheat files.

I have tried using different sd cards, and deleting and reinstalling usbloader (from the home brew browser) . Reminder that I can use custom paths to create folders on the SD card, so it is not write protected. And I can play games stored on the USB and the SD card so it's not that they aren't detected or formatted incorrectly.

Somewhere in this thread someone had the same problem and was told to delete the config file, but I cant find this file. Please help, I want those covers! Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• 17a2a1cd-bb15-4e3c-813d-db6ea79f9f98.jpg
    17a2a1cd-bb15-4e3c-813d-db6ea79f9f98.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • be2676cf-b5aa-47da-9365-775a1aa28002.jpg
    be2676cf-b5aa-47da-9365-775a1aa28002.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
However I am having trouble with cover art. When I try to download covers I get the error "Can't create directory usb8/apps/usbloader_gx/images".
This issue occurs when your SD card isn't one big FAT32 partition. So you've got two options.
  1. Merge the partitions into one big FAT32 partition and then delete GXGlobal.cfg from the usbloader_gx folder
  2. Fully format your SD card and start over
If you're using Windows and you don't have much on your SD card then I'd recommend the full format, which can easily be done with diskpart.

Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk X (change X to the disk number for your SD card)
clean
create partition primary
assign
format fs=fat32 unit=32k quick
exit

The next version of the loader has improved parition seeking, so this will eventually become unnecessary.

Last edited by blackb0x,

_DJLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT WORKKKKKKEDDD LETS FUCKING GOOOOO. that had been driving me crazy! when you suggested it i thought to myself "no theres no way, i tried two different sd cards and neither worked. and ive been able to download art in the past!" then i realized the last sd card i used that worked is in the old wii i lost, and the other sd card ive only ever used for project m, not usbloader.

i get the feeling the two i used today had that stupid secret partition on them. anyways thank you so much dude that fixed it! And seriously thank you for answering peoples questions in this thread. You dont get paid for this and you are really helping us out with trouble shooting!!! thankssssssssss @blackb0x

edit: fingers crossed this solves my Project M issues too.

edit 2: IT DID WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit 3: sent you a tip on your ko-fi account, suggest anyone reading this does the same if this thread solves your problem

Last edited by _DJLO,

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,

I don't know if it will be easy, but do you think you can solve DSI error problems when you have two FAT32/NTFS partitions in GPT

Cannot use multiple partitions with GPT partition scheme

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I don't know if it will be easy, but do you think you can solve DSI error problems when you have two FAT32/NTFS partitions in GPT

fat32/mbr is about the best you will get support for in wii homebrew apps... some may have some hacky ntfs or gpt support but its nothing i would trust to be stable.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,

the external hard drive must be in MBR

if you use your external hard drive exclusively for the wii, a single FAT32 and MBR partition will suffice.

if you use your external hard drive with the wii and your PC (for other things), then yes you can partition (first FAT 32 partition and second NTFS partition).

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes before I was using a 2TB MBR FAT32/NTFS hard drive

But I recently got a 4TB HDD but if partition scheme is MBR I can only use 2TB

I don't use hard drive for homebrew only to store wii and gc games

I did some tests it seems that the second NTFS partition crashes if the HDD is in GPT

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
edit 3: sent you a tip on your ko-fi account, suggest anyone reading this does the same if this thread solves your problem
Thank you! I'm glad you got everything working correctly :)

Hey,

I'd need to check if the issue occurs when using GPT and two or more partitions on a smaller hard drive, since I don't have a 3TB or larger HDD that I can use with my Wii.

Have you filled your 4TB HDD with games and do they all work? I'm asking because I know that some people have issues when more than 2TB is actually used.

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you! I'm glad you got everything working correctly :)

I'd need to check if the issue occurs when using GPT and two or more partitions on a smaller hard drive, since I don't have a 3TB or larger HDD that I can use with my Wii.

Have you filled your 4TB HDD with games and do they all work? I'm asking because I know that some people have issues when more than 2TB is actually used.
I sent you everything I tested in private

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Hello to all.

Usb loader gx currently supports force games to: PAL50, NTSC, PAL60, Region patch, NTSC480p, PAL480p.

Is there a way to force 576p 50Hz(PAL576p) ?

A lot of games would improve because of resolution and being 50Hz would not degrade experience too much.

Reactions: Amuro-san

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9