• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

Error52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've had trouble getting USBLoaderGX to load custom Nintendont settings, and I've read that this is because the newest version of Nintendont added new settings, and USBLoaderGX ends up not being able to read this and sets everything to default.

Until this is fixed is can anyone provide a link to an older version of Nintendont that works fully with USBLoaderGX?

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one use neek with USB Loader GX? Do you just launch the games normally after getting neek set up and having emunand enabled and the paths set properly? Or is it only in neek when I go to the menu option to boot neek? Is there a way that I'm missing how to boot directly into the game in neek, instead of booting neek from the USB Loader menu and then having to go through more Wii and neek menus to launch the game?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can point gx to your emunand, then change your view/filter to display those titles on your game list, then launch them within gx. U can enable different levels of emulation for each title, partial emulation, full emulation are the options iirc. Full emulation takes a bit longer to load so if both partial and full emulation work on a particular title u can use partial, but on many titles full emulation is needed. And on some games neither may work, in which case u can launch neek from gx's features menu (or other methods) and launch them from the actual emulated system menu

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with my setup. I'm running a Wii U, and in the vWii, the USB Loader GX keeps crashing (see attached picture). I'm using a multi-partition setup on my WD Element Portable 5TB, with an 830GB FAT32 partition for GameCube and the remaining space for Wii. However, the USB Loader GX doesn't seem to recognize the Wii partition with any kind of format.

When I delete all the volumes and leave only the GameCube FAT32 partition (830GB), they show up and work flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

Details:

• USB Loader GX version: 1281 latest and tried to update.
  • Nintendont latest version
  • d2x-v11-beta1
    • Slot 249 base 56
    • Slot 250 base 57
    • Slot 251 base 58
    • pic link

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with my setup. I'm running a Wii U, and in the vWii, the USB Loader GX keeps crashing (see attached picture). I'm using a multi-partition setup on my WD Element Portable 5TB, with an 830GB FAT32 partition for GameCube and the remaining space for Wii. However, the USB Loader GX doesn't seem to recognize the Wii partition with any kind of format.

When I delete all the volumes and leave only the GameCube FAT32 partition (830GB), they show up and work flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

Details:

• USB Loader GX version: 1281 latest and tried to update.
  • Nintendont latest version
  • d2x-v11-beta1
    • Slot 249 base 56
    • Slot 250 base 57
    • Slot 251 base 58
    • pic link

i recommend to delete both partitions, reformat as a single fat32 with 32kb allocation size, then just have the gamecube games in the 'games' folder, and have the wii games in the 'wbfs' folder

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i recommend to delete both partitions, reformat as a single fat32 with 32kb allocation size, then just have the gamecube games in the 'games' folder, and have the wii games in the 'wbfs' folder
thank you for the quick reply.

is it possible to formate a 5tb in one partition to FAT32? i was planing to put the wii library on the rest of the drive.

thanks in advance

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can Usbloader GX be navigated using a Gamecube controller connected to the usb adapter? Just so I don't need to pull out a Wii remote just to choose the game I plan to play

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

is it possible to formate a 5tb in one partition to FAT32? i was planing to put the wii library on the rest of the drive.

thanks in advance
first, format it as a single NTFS drive in windows (most likely will need to make it gpt over mbr). then, use guiformat to reformat it

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks in advance
Yes you can. I have used a 5TB Western Digital My Book Essential drive formatted as single FAT32 Partition before. From what I remember when I did it, I wasn't able to format using 32k cluster size so I did it with 64k instead but didn't run into any issues. I believe this was the forum post that helped me to figure it out.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-on-a-wii-as-a-single-fat32-partition.602038/

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'm going to test it tomorrow after backing up the 830GB on another drive. good night.
I don't know which software you intend to use, but if I may make a suggestion, I find Minitool Partition Wizard to be very useful : it should at least make it possible for you to keep the first partition and extend it, instead of deleting everything, then reformat the whole drive.

I would advise you to backup everything though, just in case.

Good luck, and keep in mind certain drives can be troublesome with USB Loader GX : I myself had to sacrifice 3TB and keep an "old" revision of the same hard drive, because the newer version would only be read, but not written, when using USB Loader GX (I used the new drive for my Wii U, which is limited to 2TB).

But anyway, 5TB was overkill for a GameCube+Wii hard drive! :lol:

Last edited by Brand Newman,
Reactions: superfoido

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, everyone, for the help! I formatted the drive to MBR using WD Quick Formatter, creating a single partition after backing up the games. Then, I used GUIFormat and formatted the drive to FAT32 with a 64k cluster. after that i moved one GameCube game and one Wii game, they worked flawlessly with no crashes or problems. The entire drive was fully utilized. Now, I'm moving the entire GameCube library back to that disk.
I tried AOMEI Partition Wizard and EaseUS Partition Master Pro; both are good, but they couldn't do the job. I might indeed try MiniTool Partition next time if I encounter an issue with the disk.

5TB is indeed an overkill! 😄

Again, thanks, everyone, for the help!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Before doing a ton of transfers, u may want to try formatting with 32k clusters. If it works this way as well then keep it at 32k instead of 64k.

Generally 32k is best, but whatever the default is when running the fat32 gui formatter tool should be optimal based on the size of the drive

Reactions: superfoido

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone, for the help! I formatted the drive to MBR using WD Quick Formatter, creating a single partition after backing up the games. Then, I used GUIFormat and formatted the drive to FAT32 with a 64k cluster. after that i moved one GameCube game and one Wii game, they worked flawlessly with no crashes or problems. The entire drive was fully utilized. Now, I'm moving the entire GameCube library back to that disk.
I tried AOMEI Partition Wizard and EaseUS Partition Master Pro; both are good, but they couldn't do the job. I might indeed try MiniTool Partition next time if I encounter an issue with the disk.

5TB is indeed an overkill! 😄

Again, thanks, everyone, for the help!
You could also consider reducing the collection, especially since there are a lot of shovelware on wii specifically...but I guess that is part of the experience :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol