• Views 7,181,164
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also consider reducing the collection, especially since there are a lot of shovelware on wii specifically...but I guess that is part of the experience :rofl:
yeah, my tailored Wii and gamecube collection fits on a 128gb sd card. Granted i do have Wii Virtual Console games on my Wii U along with the Zelda HD remakes, but that's still less then 250gb easily
Gamecube:
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Chibi Robo
Crash Bandicoot - The Wrath of Cortex (USA)
Crash Nitro Kart
Intellivision Lives
Kirby Air Ride
Legend of Zelda, The Collector's Edition
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf - Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart - Double Dash!
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7
Mario Superstar Baseball
Namco Museum
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - Battle for Bikini Bottom
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - Creatures From The Crusty Crab
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - Lights, Camera, Pants!
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - Revenge of The Flying Dutchman
Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Shrek 2
Simpsons, The - Hit & Run (USA)
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Mega Collection
Spyro - A Hero's Tail
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2 (USA)
Super Smash Bros - Meelee
The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords
TimeSplitters
Wario World (USA)
WarioWare, Inc
Worms 3D

Wii:
a boy and his blob [SBLE5G]
Alice In Wonderland [SALE4Q]
BAROQUE [RM6EEB]
Blob07 [R6BE78]
Bomberman Land [RBBE18]
de Blob 2 [SDBE78]
disc.info
Donkey Kong Country Returns [SF8E01]
Elebits [RELEA4]
Endless Ocean 2 [R4EE01]
ENDLESS OCEAN [RFBE01]
Excite Truck [REXE01]
ExciteBots [RX3E01]
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games [ROLE8P]
Mario Party 8 [RM8E01]
Mario Party 9 [SSQE01]
Mario Strikers Charged Football [R4QP01]
Mario Super Sluggers [RMBE01]
MarioKartWii [RMCE01]
MarioTennisGC(Wii Version) [RMAE01]
Mercury Meltdown Revolution [RMME7U]
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii [SMNE01]
PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAE01]
Rayman Origins [SOJE41]
RRRT - US [SR5E41]
Sonic Unleashed [RSVE8P]
SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION [RSPE01]
SPYRO08 [RO8E7D]
super mario collection [SVME01]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]
Wario Land Shake It! [RWLE01]
WarioWare - Smooth Moves [RODE01]
Wbi [SILE78]
Wii Party [SUPE01]
Wii Play - Motion [SC8E01]

Reactions: superfoido

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, indeed! i should have reduced the collection. but at the same time i wanted to flex the ultimate all game console:rofl2:. now im suffering from a usbGX 30s loading time and have to live with it.:nayps3:

Bonkdonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I made my own thread about this, but to summarize: I updated my Wii to 4.3U, now my old version of USB Loader GX won't work. I installed a new one hoping that one would work, but instead it kicks me back to the home menu or Homebrew menu when trying to boot a game. I have an old hard drive (from 2009) that's in WBFS, and I don't want to reformat it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U can convert directly to fat32 using wbfs2fat if u like. Not sure if this was mentioned already in your other thread I didn't double check

If u updated via official update your cios's may have been stubbed and might need to get reinstalled.

Best to keep it to one thread btw, as some of those info may have already been provided.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PS2 has a ton of shovelware. The Wii has less, in terms of actual numbers. I have just over 600 titles for the Wii, and I only kept the ones that were truly worth having and were not kids titles. When you add those back in, plus a few hundred GC titles, the Wii has an amazing library, and that's before you add in WiiWare and the VC. I don't get why some people want to bring up the S-word when talking about the Wii. As far as consoles (not handhelds like the Switch), you have to go back to the early 90s to find a Nintendo console with a library of worthwhile titles that big (GC? No! Wii U? No way! N64? not even close!). No one is obligated to purchase the worst titles for a system except the completist. Why not focus on what is good rather than titles you'd never consider?

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS2 has a ton of shovelware. The Wii has less, in terms of actual numbers. I have just over 600 titles for the Wii, and I only kept the ones that were truly worth having and were not kids titles. When you add those back in, plus a few hundred GC titles, the Wii has an amazing library, and that's before you add in WiiWare and the VC. I don't get why some people want to bring up the S-word when talking about the Wii. As far as consoles (not handhelds like the Switch), you have to go back to the early 90s to find a Nintendo console with a library of worthwhile titles that big (GC? No! Wii U? No way! N64? not even close!). No one is obligated to purchase the worst titles for a system except the completist. Why not focus on what is good rather than titles you'd never consider?

for sure, the wii has many amazing titles, from the big names to the smaller stuff. everyone and their grandmother made a wii game, which is why it gets brought up often. hopefully the previously mentioned formatting strategies will let folks utilize the full library for both wii and gcn

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree. People just like to s*** on Nintendo because "Only for kids" or whatever, when clearly it isn't.

Multiplatform support could have been better, but it still was a great system, it is still a great system.

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the whole gc and wii (usa) is on the %tb HDD WD Elemnt Portable (Mbr + Fat32 64k sektor) and is working fine. downside: Loading time of usbloader gx is increased to around 50sec. sometimes gc games bug and have to restart manualy the whole console. tested game: resident evil 4

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the whole gc and wii (usa) is on the %tb HDD WD Elemnt Portable (Mbr + Fat32 64k sektor) and is working fine. downside: Loading time of usbloader gx is increased to around 50sec. sometimes gc games bug and have to restart manualy the whole console. tested game: resident evil 4
That is the price you pay when insisting on putting everything in one basket.
And remember, one day when your HDD dies due to wear and tear/mishaps, you lost everything.
Better keep a backup... and if you have a backup, why insisting on presenting everything to the Wii?

PandFurr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I think I have a prpblem.
I have the last version of Priiloader on vWii and the last built of the loader
Some games don't back to Wii menu or other app set in the settings an when I hit Back to home menu and i need to unplug the WiiU in that case

It's a bad config or a bug in the loader?

superfoido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is the price you pay when insisting on putting everything in one basket.
And remember, one day when your HDD dies due to wear and tear/mishaps, you lost everything.
Better keep a backup... and if you have a backup, why insisting on presenting everything to the Wii?
You are right. I also bought an 18TB HDD, its purpose is for backups as well as storing ROMs from different consoles. It's still mind-blowing to this day when you turn on a console and see a library of around 1800 games.

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enable header caching and that 50s should go away after the initial cache.

• Love

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is usb loader gx capable of reading a split iso? If so how would I name the extension of the second iso? It has to stay untrimmed for a specific mod so Wii backup manager is not possible in this case, because it converts the file to wbfs.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not just convert the large iso to a split wbfs file?
Thanks for the reply. The game needs to stay the same size for the mod to work. Converting it to a wbfs with wiimms iso tool, with trimming disabled, isn't working either since the resulting wbfs can't be read.

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, where do i find that in the settings. i searched for it and couldnt find it.
Its in one of the settings menus. My wii is not out atm or id tell you were, but look around and it should say header cache in it. I want to say its under one of the buttons on the first setting page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff