• Likes 48

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Skater4599 said:
Anyone got anymore suggestions? it worked after i did this in 713, did nothing but wifi update to 714 and it stopped working again

When I updated via the loader, the Wiitdb.zip was empty because wiitdb.com is not available yet.
check the size of the zip, or the inside data if you have all your games listed.

Thank you, this sounds like what probably happend! Im not at home right now but i will check that when i get home
biggrin.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
where does loaderGX download it's images from these days ?

I haven't been able to download images (3D and disc) for past couple of weeks. The loader knows that images are missing but can't find them online.

DJrDJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AdamBrunt said:

I haven't been able to download images (3D and disc) for past couple of weeks. The loader knows that images are missing but can't find them online.

it isnt, it just checks the website if it cant find the files it will skip it, a few post up there was a post were someone editted the websiteadress to grab it from somewere else.
but like the siteownder said, the website will be back up soon.

here is the post: link

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
AdamBrunt said:

wiitdb.com will be back by the end of the week.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
How stable are these newest revisions? I'm still using r647 since that was the last one to work for me (due to the multiple partition issue).

The latest few revisions (713/714) are very stable. Just make sure that you delete your config files when updating from a long ways back like that. The latest revisions are available from my files link in my signature or via wifi update through the loader.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
AdamBrunt said:

wiitdb.com will be back by the end of the week.

Ah, ok.

And I don't need the zip file on my SD card (that's just for showing info right) ? I knew that GX hadn't been using WiiCoverArt (or whatever it's called) for a while but just couldn't remember what it was using instead.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I tried using rev 714 and it froze when trying to load up Brawl. Where are the config files for the loader located? Various apps make files with similar names and it's hard to keep them straightened out at times.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them.

EDIT 2: Well, that didn't solve anything. Back to 647 for me...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Okay, so I tried using rev 714 and it froze when trying to load up Brawl. Where are the config files for the loader located? Various apps make files with similar names and it's hard to keep them straightened out at times.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them.

EDIT 2: Well, that didn't solve anything. Back to 647 for me...

If you could answer some questions I can probably help you get this working.

Which cIOS are you using?
How did you update? WiFi through loader? Drag and drop a new dol?
Where were the config files you tried deleting? Did you delete all of them or just one?
Exactly what kind of freeze did you get? Blackscreen after loading game? Freeze at remote/strap screen? Reboot?
Were you trying to use cheat codes?
What settings did you try and load the game with? Individual settings override global.

Keep in mind that it's just as frustrating for everyone else on the board to read posts like this when it works perfectly fine for them.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I searched this topic but found nothing about Dance Dance Revolution. I bought a 3rd party DDR mat but it is not recognized in DDR Hotparty 1 or Disney Groove. It is however working in bootmii.

I am using a revision about r710, and cios222 (DDR1 won't load with cios r14).

Is it USB GX that has a bug or me
wink.gif
?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, sorry. I'm on cIOS Rev14, updated through the loader with the Update All option. I deleted the 3 cfg files that were related to USB Loader GX. It was a typical black screen freeze that happened when I had the game and loader set to IOS249 and when I set both to IOS202 (based off of IOS36). And I was using Ocarina codes on Brawl. I would have done more testing but I was trying to play the game with a codeset applied and GeckoOS wasn't cooperating with me either.

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have DDR2 working but not sure about DDR1. Keep in mind that there are different mats for DDR1 and DDR2. They are not interchangeable. Mine came with an adapter thats used for DDR2. DDR1 presumably would work without it. When it comes to game compatibility it is always best to check the compatibility list first and I would recommend that people add to the list their findings/settings to make games work.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the list of gmae that show the error that you had to set the usbloader for the game to work on the loader?

error 002 or anit error.

that you can post it up. did a search and could not find it.

dougy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games will not load [black screen] after enabling Ocarina [worked first time w/ MadWorld NTSC-USA] otherwise games load+play fine when Ocarina disabled

My system firmware is 3.3J
cIOS 38 rev14
USB Loader GX rev714

Any help with me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
plasmata said:
I have DDR2 working but not sure about DDR1. Keep in mind that there are different mats for DDR1 and DDR2. They are not interchangeable. Mine came with an adapter thats used for DDR2. DDR1 presumably would work without it. When it comes to game compatibility it is always best to check the compatibility list first and I would recommend that people add to the list their findings/settings to make games work.

Hi plasmata, can I ask you what cios are you using ?
I know 3rd party mats are not compatible with DDR2. I checked compatibility list but it does say if it works with mats (and 3rd party ones), although playing DDR without one must be very boring !

Thank you for you answer !

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Royusmc said:
I gess mplayer did one better and made the ntfs a open source. Here it is http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libntfs I hope someone adds it to the loader at some point.

You know... NTFS support would be a good thing to add BUT... as far as i can read it's not the best choice for a filesystem on the wii. I read this on the wiki for the libntfs
QUOTENTFS-3G only supports partial journaling, so unexpected crashes or power loss can leave the file system in an inconsistent state. The only way to (correctly) fix it is to boot into Windows and let NTFS replay the journal; However, in most suitations (read: it is not 100% guaranteed) this is not required and the file system can be remounted without problem. In suitations where there has been heavy disc activity prior to the crash or power loss it is recommended you let Windows replay the journal before remounting with libntfs in order to prevent possible data lose and/or corruption.
In combination with a homebrew application that recently crashes when you try to launch a game that doesn't work or whatever happened you have to power off and on the wii couple times untill you found the right settings. I would say untill the journaling doesn't work 100% i wouldn't add it as a feature.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is strange, Little King's Story stopped working after updating. I'm gonna have to revert to an older version to see if that's indeed the problem.

e: Cars also refused to boot, but booted fine on Coverflow. Something broken here?

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fennec said:
plasmata said:

Hi plasmata, can I ask you what cios are you using ?
I know 3rd party mats are not compatible with DDR2. I checked compatibility list but it does say if it works with mats (and 3rd party ones), although playing DDR without one must be very boring !

Thank you for you answer !

I'm using cios 12 with GX 648 although it worked with earlier GX versions as well. My 3rd party mats claim to work with both DDR versions but I've only tried DDR2 with the adapter.

stormjai

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. just started on this homebrew scene. have loaded up USB Loader GX, but it cannot rip any original PAL discs to HDD. Is loader region specific? What can I do/ change to let it rip my original PAL discs? Is there a PAL version?

Sorry if obvious answer, but I need Help!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1