Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that networking bug is a nasty one... Not sure why, but if the net_init() is called at all it breaks wifi connectivity in any game loaded. No good...

Hungryip84, do you see this at all with the GUI loader? It would happen after downloading artwork, and then loading a wifi game.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hungyip84 said:
Bladexdsl said:
i like this loader better cos you can make skins for it. can't do that with the other GUI the spinning cd and mote support is nice but that's not what i need.

I have made the GUI loader to have a custom background =) Stay tuned on the GUI loader. By the end of this week, you can create your own theme for that loader

I always want to do some more on this loader but to be honest, I don't know what else I could add here.

@fors

Thanks for looking at the shutdown problem for me =)

Would you please seriously consider :

1. Make the v7.4 based on 1.1 ?
2. Add the recently-played games list ?

I know that I am annoying. Sorry. But this is my final wish. Yes final.

P.S. Even the GUI loader does not interest me.

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tryed monster hunter g with the loader and i ts the first game i have problemes with!!
Someone knows why it doesn t work even if we force language patch game option etc....
New ios needed?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cedwii said:
I tryed monster hunter g with the loader and i ts the first game i have problemes with!!
Someone knows why it doesn t work even if we force language patch game option etc....
New ios needed?

I suppose it shares the same problem as Metriod Prime Wiimake. That is, it reloads IOS during game.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
Bladexdsl said:
i like this loader better cos you can make skins for it. can't do that with the other GUI the spinning cd and mote support is nice but that's not what i need.

I have made the GUI loader to have a custom background =) Stay tuned on the GUI loader. By the end of this week, you can create your own theme for that loader

I always want to do some more on this loader but to be honest, I don't know what else I could add here.

@fors

Thanks for looking at the shutdown problem for me =)

Thats nice to hear.Can't wait for custom themes for it.Ive seen that theme folder and theme.txt has been added so thats a start.Now just gotta wait on a basic template or whatever to go to work on custom backgrounds.

Just got done playing around with rev130 of the gui and everything seemed to work alright.It did freeze up on me one time when entering the settings menu but i restarted and tried it again and it was fine so i don't really know what caused it.

Only other thing i found wrong(dislike) in it i reported on the google code page so hopefully someone sees it and that was then when you click the wii button for exiting it pops up three options.Exit to loader,Back,Wii Menu.I think it should say Exit to homebrew channel instead of exit to loader.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
cedwii said:
New ios needed?

I suppose it shares the same problem as Metriod Prime Wiimake. That is, it reloads IOS during game.
So thats why it won't work for me. And is anyone else having trouble with Mario Kart Wii? It freezes with a black screen when I click on something and it fades out.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Matt93 said:
TeenTin said:
cedwii said:
New ios needed?

So thats why it won't work for me. And is anyone else having trouble with Mario Kart Wii? It freezes with a black screen when I click on something and it fades out.

More details please ?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Matt93 said:
TeenTin said:
cedwii said:
New ios needed?

My daughter Plays Mario Kart Wii on the Loader, often ... I've never seen any issues at all.

I'm using 7.4 (w/1.5) and cIOS rev10

NTSC

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe It just got copied wrong to the USB stick. I have the latest loader and cIOS for this. I used a really early WBFS tool to put it on there. I guess I could reformat and use a new tool to find out. I have an 8GB SanDisk Cruzer.

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i brought my wii to my gf's house and set it up for her. she and her mom were gonna play wii sports, but when i tried to boot it, it said "returned" error = 1 or -1 or something like that. whats that mean? i tried adjusting the settings (force/lang/etc), but get the same thing. after trying a few times, it said booting game, but just froze. i honestly cant say whether it worked before cuz i did a massive transfer from my computer and didnt test all of them yet. the other games we tried worked, but just not that one. i think it was a bad transfer. can anyone confirm this? info: wii sports ntsc transferred with WBFS for Mac OS X v1.0 and renamed while using WBFS Manager 2.1(windows). i know i'll probably have to re-transfer it again, but any other ideas of why this happened are greatly appreciated.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of that second of greenscreen when loading a game?
Doesn't matter if you load it trough USBLoader or from channels on the system menu, and it does seem a little annoying (though maybe not entirely game-breaking
tongue.gif
)

Great work on this loader.. Don't leave it now at its prime, mate.. The other loaders are nowhere near as great as this one
smile.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YourNameHere004 said:
i brought my wii to my gf's house and set it up for her. she and her mom were gonna play wii sports, but when i tried to boot it, it said "returned" error = 1 or -1 or something like that. whats that mean? i tried adjusting the settings (force/lang/etc), but get the same thing. after trying a few times, it said booting game, but just froze. i honestly cant say whether it worked before cuz i did a massive transfer from my computer and didnt test all of them yet. the other games we tried worked, but just not that one. i think it was a bad transfer. can anyone confirm this? info: wii sports ntsc transferred with WBFS for Mac OS X v1.0 and renamed while using WBFS Manager 2.1(windows). i know i'll probably have to re-transfer it again, but any other ideas of why this happened are greatly appreciated.

Have you used that particular hard drive with the wii before? Hard drive and enclosure support are not fantastic just yet and that could very well be your problem.

orno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HaTaX said:
YourNameHere004 said:

Have you used that particular hard drive with the wii before? Hard drive and enclosure support are not fantastic just yet and that could very well be your problem.

It`s obviously not his hard drive. If you read his post a bit more thoroughly, you might notice that he has launched other games just fine.

My guess is that it wont boot because you renamed it through WBFS Manager. Some games don`t like to be renamed that way. Try using the titles.txt to rename it instead.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, some games may not like to be started that way, but people are also not doing very through checks if their hard drives are working properly with the loaders. Seeing a game launch and a few minutes of gameplay is NOT a good check.

If he did a massive transfer over I'd guess he's just been checking to see if the titles start, and really you need an hour of gameplay or so with a game or two to prove that the enclosure will be bug free.

But wii sports not starting up is most likely because of a messed up disc name from a WBFS utility..

ALSO, on the loader front... That networking bug sucks, so for the time being I've set it up so that it warns you upon launching a disc if the networking stack has been started. As far as I can see, just simply initializing the network connection is enough to break wifi in the games. It's not a good fix, but at least it warns you before you launch in..

Version checking is now working in my new version as well, I'll wrap it up and release it tomorrow.

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys thanks a lot for the help. i'll try doing it again without renaming and if it works, then use the txt to rename. as far as HD support, its an 2.5" imation 250g apollo whch hasnt failed me yet (with exception to the ios249 games), so i think its cool. its been confirmed as working on the wiki compatibility list though. didnt really think that renaming would be abig deal though. i renamed MARIO GALAXY to just Mario Galaxy, and it worked fine.....so i guess changing caps doesnt really matter. but "sports pack for revolution" is kind of a queer name. thanks again for everyones help. cant wait to see how far the usb scene is gonna get!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question about 7.4

I haven't updated my USB Loader for a while and still have images (in SD:/images/) that are 160 x 225. Does 7.4 automatically resize these images for me or do I need to do it / download them again myself ?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally have set my wide and sd directory the same. So it displays it and stretches is automatically. I guess I have just come to realize that I am looking to play the game and not spend hours watching the menu system that I am using to select the game.

smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I have all my images in SD:/images/ and set widescreen to 0.

Yet under 7.4 no cover art appears. They were appearing fine under an earlier version
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D