Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 7.406 released!

No one makes any updates?! HAH! I would have posted this up last night, but GBATemp was dead in the wee hours last night, and mediafire was also messed up for uploads. (They seem to have a problem with their verification system hanging up)

Anyway, in that amount of time I made v5 and also v6. v6 is posted on the auto-update site and if you check, you should find version 7.406 available. v5 was meant to be a quick release to get the auto-resizing ability out there as well as allow you to adjust the resolution used from your config.txt if you like. The rest of the features below are added in v6 only.

Addition #1) Auto resizing of downloaded cover art.
The ability to specify a custom URL for download is now GONE! This has been replaced with the auto-sizing address from theotherzone.com. You can specify what resolution you like with the parameters, so that you can share the images downloaded with another application like GUI loader by setting the resolution to something like 130x224: (wimages is for widescreen, images is for standard)
Code:
images_dl_res = 160,225
wimages_dl_res = 130,225

Addition #2) Created a setting to have the auto-update screen hidden in the game settings menu.
When setting the below value in your config.txt is set to "1" the auto-update function will be moved from the main games list into the game settings menu. This is useful if you're using the simple mode or parental controls to keep the auto-update system hidden from the main menu, and accessible from the game settings menu ONLY. The auto-update function is exactly the same, but you will see the prompts for it in the game settings screen only:
Code:
updateinsettings = 0

Addition #3) You can now globally toggle your download settings from within the loader.
If you goto the auto-update screen you will see a new option by pressing "2", this will toggle the setting of the "download = 1" setting in your config.txt. Note that this does NOT change the setting in the config.txt, but will allow you to turn it on or off from within the loader. If the network has already been started it will notify you of that and NOT disable the networking. The purpose of this is to keep it from trying to initialize the network connection on a needed basis. Lots of people have trouble with the loader code dumping if no network is present, or starting a Wifi enabled game after downloading from inside the loader. There's nothing to add to your config.txt, this function will just toggle it on and off from inside the loader for that session ONLY.

As always, you can download this update through the auto-update system or you can use the link below to get the entire package including a loaded up titles.txt, meta.xml and icon.png for the homebrew channel:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

Please let me know how this works out for you!!!

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I have been looking into adding support to play a looped MP3 file. Looks pretty easy and there are other examples out there I can get this from.

I'll add this into the v7 release and it should be done before the end of the week.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the work.

Tell me what you think of this request : Music support by Game ID.
I mean, you create a music folder with RGHE55.mp3, RJSF16.mp3...
On usb loader, music changes with each game highlighted.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
GUI loader images are 160x224
wink.gif

Plus, you can implement 3D boxart if you want...

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
HaTaX said:
Also, I have been looking into adding support to play a looped MP3 file. Looks pretty easy and there are other examples out there I can get this from.

I'll add this into the v7 release and it should be done before the end of the week.

Thanks, HaTaX for your work!
rolleyes.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still prefer this version, mostly because it's just a lot quicker to sort through games, loads faster, images load faster, and it just plain works perfectly. I've tried the GUI version, but it just doesn't seem to have the same snappy speed of this verison. Plus, the first post in this thread has all the info and downloads you need to get it up and running, while the GUI version only comes with a precompiled .dol, and that's it.

wii-missy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, has anyone found a solution to the 'wbfs crtical: malloc fst' error yet when trying to install a backup game with the '+' option, it only does it when adding backups, originals work fine, I believe it is only a problem for people who have the Argon modchip fitted, like myself:( but it is really annoying having to first exract all backups to iso then connect hdd to pc and use wbfs gui, any advice / progress appreciated

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii-missy said:
Hi all, has anyone found a solution to the 'wbfs crtical: malloc fst' error yet when trying to install a backup game with the '+' option, it only does it when adding backups, originals work fine, I believe it is only a problem for people who have the Argon modchip fitted, like myself:( but it is really annoying having to first exract all backups to iso then connect hdd to pc and use wbfs gui, any advice / progress appreciated

You could use WBFS manager 3.0 to rip the iso to your hdd directly.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only thing that is missing from this version is the ability to use a cIOS preference for each game. That would probably fix the problem with Monster Hunter G not working with Ultimate 7.4. I know the cIOS preference is being implemented with the new GUI version hungy is helping out on.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
erolz said:
hi,

is there a Spindown Fix build in this loader?
My Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB external hard drive seems to be automatically spinning itself down after a period of inactivity, and causing the
USB loader to become unresponsive.

some background info:
All WD external hard drives will spin down (enter into power saver mode) after 10 minutes of drive inactivity. Once the drive is accessed again, the drive will exit from the power saver mode and spin back up.
To fix this problem you must read/write a piece of data to the drive every 9 minutes or so.

anyone?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know this thing was still being updated since the first post has been silent. I'm glad for it since I don't want to bother with the GUIs yet.

And erolz, search the board for a spindown fix. There's a solution topic posted somewhere.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
good work hatax btw.. how about setting the auto update feature to work despite what folder it is located in ?

Doesn't work if in a diff folder other than the default one

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, it only works in the folder "/apps/usbloader" right now. I'll look into changing that so that it is sensitive to the directory it's running from.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hdhacker said:
erolz said:
i just read that cIOS 11 final will fix the spindown problems ;-)
Where did you read that? Before you attempt to fix your drive, first tell us what hardware revision it is.

Narolez mentioned the rev11 spindown fix here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=480

my drive:
WD 3200BMWVU-11A04 /B8B
serial:WXH109925518

did a test with WiiFit, short lab run. After i finished the run, the wii hangs and the only thing i can do is a hard reset :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist