#ÂÂ*****USB Loader Ultimate V7.406 Configuration Settings*****
#
#ÂÂAll lines starting with # are comments
#ÂÂAny lines not starting with # are used for your loaders settings
#ÂÂDefault values are in [ ]
#
#
#ÂÂimages_path = [SD:/images/]
#ÂÂÂÂPath must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
#ÂÂÂÂPath to put 4:3 box arts and 4:3 background
images_path=SD:/images/
#
#ÂÂwimages_path = [SD:/wimages/]
#ÂÂÂÂPath must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
#ÂÂÂÂPath to put widescreen box arts and widescreen background
#ÂÂÂÂThis path is used when widescreen mode is on
wimages_path=SD:/wimages/
#
#ÂÂFull Screen Background = image_name.png
#ÂÂÂÂThe name of your background image, in PNG format, located in your images_path (see above option)
#ÂÂÂÂIf not specified, a default template will be used.
background = bg.png
#
#ÂÂWidescreen Background = image_name.png
#ÂÂÂÂThe name of your widescreen background image, in PNG format, located in your wimages_path (see above option)
#ÂÂÂÂIf not specified, a default template will be used.
wbackground = wbg.png
#
#ÂÂGame Covers = 0 [1]
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => No cover / boxart displayed
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Cover / boxart displayed, 160x225 PNG format in images path (see option above)
covers = 1
#
#ÂÂDownload = [0] 1
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Missing covers are not downloaded
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Missing covers are downloaded when prompt arrow is in front of a game with no cover / boxart
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (Network is only set up once for every session, until you run the loader again)
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ***NOTE: No action can be performed while images are downloading***
download = 1
#
#ÂÂBackground Layout = original, small, medium, large, large2, ultimate1, [ultimate2] [ultimatew]
#ÂÂÂÂoriginal => 6 lines of games per page
#ÂÂÂÂsmall => 9 lines of games per page (same background as original)
#ÂÂÂÂmedium => 17 lines of games / page
#ÂÂÂÂlarge => 21 lines of games / page (nixx)
#ÂÂÂÂlarge2 => 21 lines of games / page (usptactical)
#ÂÂÂÂultimate1 => 12 lines of games / page (WiiShizza)
#ÂÂÂÂultimate2 => 12 lines of games / page( jservs7 / hungyip84)
#ÂÂÂÂultimate_w => 12 lines of games / page widescreen mode
#ÂÂÂÂ(ultimatew is the default when user set widescreen = 1)
layout = ultimate2
#
#ÂÂProtection Mode = [0] 1 2
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Normal mode : All controls working
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Child modeÂÂ: All controls except the ability to install and remove game
#ÂÂÂÂ2 => Teen mode : All controls except the ability to remove game
simple = 0
#
#ÂÂHOME Button = [reboot] exit
#ÂÂÂÂreboot => Pressing HOME button in the loader will reboot the Wii
#ÂÂÂÂexit => Pressing HOME button in the loader will send you back to the HomeBrew Channel
#ÂÂÂÂ(Not Recommened if HBC is not installed, the whereabouts are unknown if HBC is not installed)
home = reboot
#
#ÂÂconsole_coords=x,y,width,height
#ÂÂÂÂCoordinates for where titles are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
console_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
#ÂÂcovers_coords=x,y
#ÂÂÂÂCoordinates for where your covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
covers_coords = 446,109
#
#ÂÂwconsole_coords=x,y,width,height
#ÂÂÂÂCoordinates for where titles are displayed in widescreen mode (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
#ÂÂwcovers_coords=x,y
#ÂÂÂÂCoordinates for where your widescreen covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wcovers_coords = 482,110
#
#ÂÂconsole_color=x,y
#ÂÂÂÂx = foreground (text)
#ÂÂÂÂy = background
#ÂÂChange color of console where titles are displayed (First number is text color, second number is background color)
#
#ÂÂColor Code - View colors at: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/720/colorchart.png
#
#ÂÂÂÂ0 = Black
#ÂÂÂÂ1 = Dark Red
#ÂÂÂÂ2 = Dark Green
#ÂÂÂÂ3 = Dark Yellow
#ÂÂÂÂ4 = Dark Blue
#ÂÂÂÂ5 = Dark Purple
#ÂÂÂÂ6 = Light Blue
#ÂÂÂÂ7 = Gray
#ÂÂÂÂ8 = Light Gray
#ÂÂÂÂ9 = Red
#ÂÂÂÂ10 = Green
#ÂÂÂÂ11 = Yellow
#ÂÂÂÂ12 = Blue
#ÂÂÂÂ13 = Purple
#ÂÂÂÂ14 = Teal
#ÂÂÂÂ15 = White
#
#ÂÂExample: 4,15 (Blue font on White background)
#
console_color = 0,15
#
#ÂÂentry_lines = [12] (The number of entry lines you want to display per page, default = 12)
#
entry_lines = 12
#
#ÂÂmax_characters = [37] (The number of letters / characters you want to display per line, default = 37)
#
max_characters = 37
#
#ÂÂsavesettings = [0] 1
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Settings for each game are not auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Settings for each game are auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
savesettings = 0
#
#ÂÂvideo = [game] systemÂÂpatch
#ÂÂÂÂgame => Use the games default video mode
#ÂÂÂÂsystem => Use the system default video mode
#ÂÂÂÂpatch => Force video mode (Play NTSC on PAL, visa versa, in color)
video = game
#
#ÂÂocarina = [0] 1
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Ocarina cheat system not enabled by default
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Ocarina cheat system enabled by default
ocarina = 0
#
#ÂÂlanguage = [console] japanese english german french spanish italian dutch s.chinese t.chinese korean
#ÂÂÂÂlanguage => The language to use in-game, instead of game default. Language needs to be present on ISO.
language = console
#
#ÂÂparentalcontrol = [0] 1 2 3
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Turn off parental control
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
#ÂÂÂÂ2 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
#ÂÂÂÂ3 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)ÂÂ
#ÂÂExample 1: In titles.txt, RMCE = Mario Kart, you would add = 1 (RMCE = Mario Kart = 1)
#ÂÂÂÂIf set to 1, this game would not be shown, the game would only be shown on 2 or 3, or with parental controls off
#ÂÂExample 2: In titles.txt, RZZE = Madworld (No number is needed) (Mature Rating)
#ÂÂÂÂIf set to 1, 2, or 3, the game would not be shown, the game would only be shown with parental controls turned off
parentalcontrol = 0
#
#ÂÂdownloadinstall = [0] 1
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Download cover art automatically when you install game
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Don't download cover art when you install game
downloadinstall = 0
#
#ÂÂhidesettingmenu = [0] 1
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => Allow access to the settings menu by pressing B
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Hide the settings menu
hidesettingmenu = 0
#
#ÂÂwidescreen = 0 1 (This is auto-detect by default)
#ÂÂÂÂ0 => No widescreen
#ÂÂÂÂ1 => Widescreen
#ÂÂWARNING: If you turn on the widescreen, the loader will resize the image from your SD card. 
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Toggling between widescreen and full screen would cause loss in image quality.
widescreen = 0 
#
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-The below section added by HaTaX-
#
#ÂÂÂÂThe below setting will allow you to set your own dimensions for coverart that is downloaded.
#ÂÂÂÂThe default settings for the loader are 160x225 for standard display, and 130x225 for widescreen.
#ÂÂÂÂYou may wish to change this to something like 130,224 so that the coverart can share a directory
#ÂÂÂÂwith another loader. (Many other loaders require cover art resolution to be divisable by 4)
#
images_dl_res = 160,225
#
#ÂÂÂÂThe below setting is EXACTLY the same as the above one, except these settings apply to widescreen mode.
#
wimages_dl_res = 130,225
#
#ÂÂÂÂThe below setting sets where you would like the update menu to be placed.ÂÂIf you set the value to 1,
#ÂÂÂÂthe auto-update screen will be located inside of the game settings menu instead of the main menu.
#
updateinsettings = 0
#
#ÂÂÂÂThe below setting allows you to set what URL is used when the auto-update is initiated, the default
#ÂÂÂÂlisted below will be used when the setting is missing from your config.txt.
#
update_dl_url = http://home.comcast.net/~hatax/wii/ultimate_usb_dl
#
#ÂÂÂÂThe below setting is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. This setting is to delay the program from moving on after a cover has
#ÂÂÂÂbeen downloaded. Unless you need to troubleshoot your artwork downloads, leave it absent from your config.txt or
#ÂÂÂÂset it to 0. You may set this value from 0-9 in seconds to delay after "Downloading complete" is displayed.
#
infodelay = 0
#

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright peoples, you will see an update tomorrow to version 7.407. I've gotten almost everything done, but want to bug test a little more before I release it.

I've added:

1.) Configurable update path if you don't have it in the "/apps/usbloader" so the auto-updater places it in the correct location.

2.) Configurable titles.txt path so you specify where your titles.txt file is stored if not in the application directory.

3.) When the auto-update runs it will now also update the meta.xml file to reflect the new version for those loading the application through the homebrew channel. (You'd never see this using a channel forwarder)

4.) Music support! This was taken mostly from the community with some tweaks and changes so it fits in the structure of this loader. This will allow you to put a MP3 in the same folder as the application and use it for looping background music.

That's about it for now, but it should cover most of the requests here and I'm sure there will be a few that are happy to see music added into this loader.

Look for another post tomorrow sometime, need sleep now.
smile.gif

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HaTaX

Could you tell me how I can download 3d cover images from theotherzone site?

How can I edit the config.txt for that?

Please let me know...

Greetings

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for cover art like this:

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/RMCE01.png

Then, you could have done it with a previous version, but this version doesn't support it.

But now that you've brought it to my attention, I just might be able to add this into the next version I'm going to release later today.... It will be something simple, like a switch to turn it on or off. I'm not going to spend a ton of time on it, so if you want to use it you'll need to make sure there isn't already a file with that name in the folder, otherwise it's not going to download the 3d art.

Curious, have you saved any 3d covers to the SD card and is the transparency working correctly? I know that was a complaint before that the background needed to be integrated into the picture because the transparency wasn't working as expected.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HaTaX said:
If you're looking for cover art like this:

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/RMCE01.png

Then, you could have done it with a previous version, but this version doesn't support it.

But now that you've brought it to my attention, I just might be able to add this into the next version I'm going to release later today.... It will be something simple, like a switch to turn it on or off. I'm not going to spend a ton of time on it, so if you want to use it you'll need to make sure there isn't already a file with that name in the folder, otherwise it's not going to download the 3d art.

Curious, have you saved any 3d covers to the SD card and is the transparency working correctly? I know that was a complaint before that the background needed to be integrated into the picture because the transparency wasn't working as expected.
Great work man, i love it
wub.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I haven't gotten it done yet guys, this music player funkiness is kickin' my butt... I'll get it figured out though, right now it plays and all, but when it goes to loop the menu freezes..... Kinda a problem.... Anyway, I'm going to keep looking at it and I'll release it as soon as it's done.

Rest of the stuff I mentioned is complete, it's just the music hanging me up.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
Sorry I haven't gotten it done yet guys, this music player funkiness is kickin' my butt... I'll get it figured out though, right now it plays and all, but when it goes to loop the menu freezes..... Kinda a problem.... Anyway, I'm going to keep looking at it and I'll release it as soon as it's done.

Rest of the stuff I mentioned is complete, it's just the music hanging me up.

Awesome HaTaX

Quick Question..
You mean you included the 3d download fuction and fix the trasparent issue ?

Greetings.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3d download function will be included, but I'm not sure on the transparency issue.... That problem stems from the png library that I'm using. I'll take a look for an updated copy of the code or see if the transparency setting is just not being detected correctly.

jas1137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get this to work, I have tried 3 different USB loaders and none of them work. My issue with this one is that on launch it will shutoff my wiimote and the program will say looking for usb devices and it counts down from 30 really slowly, it takes about 10 minutes for it to reach 0. What can i do to make this work?

mr.silvestor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
is it worth starting a new thread for the ultimate loader so you can keep the first post upto date with all changes and improvements? i followed this thread for about 230 pages but missed the last 50 or so and am unsure what i have missed!!

ps good work guys picking up where hungyip & co left off.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's no way I'm reading all 280+ pages, so apologies if some of this has already been mentioned. (I DID download a .doc of the entire thread and ran a quick search...)

In the config_readme.txt the instructions for setting the paths for your images are incorrect, from what little I did manage to read here. They say to use "images_path=SD:/images/", but from what I've read, you (may? - haven't tested myself) need spaces around the =, as in "images_path = SD:/images/" (it's correct in the example config file, but if you start from scratch using the readme as a guide...) It's also (was - been corrected) this way on the "Config-Guide" link in the main post, which is just a copy of the readme apparently.

One other mistake I noticed that I didn't see mentioned is the instructions for setting whether or not to automatically download covers for games you install. The readme uses the setting of "downloadinstall", when it should be "installdownload". (Again, it's right in the example config, but...)

I went ahead and made the changes to the pastebin site, but someone might want to change it in the actual download.

jas1137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried like 5 different loaders and none of them work always say ret=-1 or something, this one d/c's my wiimote and it wont connect and i have to restart and theres nothing i can do about it so i dont know what to do next.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it says ret-1 your hd/usb or what ever your using doesnt work with the loader

also anyone had there hard drive wiped and it say no wbfs found?
mine seems to do it every few weeks
i will be playing 1 day then the net itwill be gone and i have to start again

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...reading the config_readme.txt file, I'm left wondering why the decision was made to make the default parental control at "mature", for a Nintendo system like the Wii, where the majority of the games are not mature?

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Mature rating helps "parents" like myself to keep games that my little children don't need to play because are to harmful to them or because are too difficult to run for them. Hope this info clears your head Skizzo.

And in other words, the works made to the Wii scene are growing and trying to keep everything as simple as they can, if "some" people can not read, then that's some problem they need to figure out first.

Hatax work with the HungyIP code has been and is making this USB loader one of the most stable versions out there, plus, the internet update is working great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you