Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@ Don Killah

Cheers, I'm good today, got lines to learn for filming tomorrow but getting there. Regarding the sizes, AppleBelly had asked me to make the background to fit the game images of 64x90. The larger box at the front is the normal size of 160x225.

I will change the config images to what you suggest, makes more sense, so they will now be config.png
biggrin.gif

@ gitkua

LOL, this is getting beyong a joke. First I'm a easy going guy but thsi is starting to wind me up no end. Read what I have already said regarding what happened. I WAS working with him and doing as HE asked to fit in with his code. He asked me to make a background with images at 64x90, that was his settings, so I went about making the new image. The image I sent him previously was not for that request, can't you understand that. However even when I sent him the new image, he continued to use the old one. If that is the case, why even bother asking me to alter my image if he is just going to ignore the new one.

So AGAIN let me clarify. HE used an older image that I had already told him was not the correct one as I was just fooling around testing sizes. He told me he needed it so it would fit a certain size, so I remade the skin to fit his requirements. HE did not use the new image, all he did was use the old one and distribute it in his package. Take a look at the image he included and put an image 64x90 over the placeholders for the smaller box and you will see it's far too big. This was why I made the new image with corrected placeholders and everything else that needed fixed.

Here is what it looks like due to the error of using an old image:

WRONG.png

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cdreams said:
So AGAIN let me clarify. HE used an older image that I had already told him was not the correct one as I was just fooling around testing sizes. He told me he needed it so it would fit a certain size, so I remade the skin to fit his requirements. HE did not use the new image, all he did was use the old one and distribute it in his package. Take a look at the image he included and put an image 64x90 over the placeholders for the smaller box and you will see it's far too big. This was why I made the new image with corrected placeholders and everything else that needed fixed.
Isn't that the whole problem, you can't expect the guy to keep rereading the thread to look around for your new backgrounds and stuff... Also, you made the mistake with making an incorrect image which ended up being the one he used, he can't keep repositioning the coordinates to fit your background since not everyone wants to use your background. So again; why don't you just recompile the loader conforming to your box positions, it's really easy and like a couple of minutes work
smile.gif

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I have never done code but I guess I will have to by the looks of it.

I did actually pm him with the link to the file for the new image days ago but he never took it. The image originally was one I was just mucking around with and I said to him what do you thin of this with 7. He liked it and said he could make it for 7 but I would need to make it to fit game size images of the 64x90. That was fine I wasn't even bothered at that stage. The placeholders in that image were based off the original ones in the 3 image resized to 50% which was too small for 64x90. I was in discussion on here with him about it so it wasn't like I expected anything, he was talking to me and it was pretty clear as far as I was concerned.

Anyhoo As Don Killah said I'm finished with it.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay,
smile.gif
let's let it rest, I just wanted to put in my two cents
smile.gif

It's not really coding though, pretty straightforward and easy to edit the coordinates of the boxes... If you install devkitpro you get the programmers notepad, with that you can edit gui.c from the source from AppleBelly, at the top of the file are the coordinates for the cover images... edit them to your liking to fit your bg. Then open makefile in the root of the source folder from AppleBelly, and click tools > make and voila
smile.gif
your done. If you need help, just ask

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Well I am pretty busy with auditions and filming so I wasn't wanting to start trying to learn coding stuff but if you have the link I'll take a look and see if I can do some basic stuff.

I'm also working on my website and the other halfs, so it's like running 2 businesses and then trying to do this lol.

Oh and Don, I take you have seen the stuff from the Ultimate Loader that WiiShizza's thread. If a config for this background style could be used in that loader then that would be really nice. Would require a bit of work though due to having 7 images on screen instead of just 1, also the bit for options that would need to be reworked to go to page two, to keep the main page nice and clean.

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

I have a little problem. "Covers" work, "change game" work, "launche" work but "small" don't work (for me).
I always get this:

game21.png
game11.png

I think my system (3.2E, CIOS36 rev10, ABr8 1.4.dol/ usb HDD and USBkey 16Go) and my folders are correct:

I don't understand ... Please help me.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
French : Les images sont mal nommées, ajoute le préfixe small.
English : it's because the small images are named wrong, they should be named like this smallR3TP54.png

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Oops said:
hi,

I have a little problem. "Covers" work, "change game" work, "launche" work but "small" don't work (for me).
I always get this:

game21.png
game11.png

I think my system (3.2E, CIOS36 rev10, ABr8 1.4.dol/ usb HDD and USBkey 16Go) and my folders are correct:

I don't understand ... Please help me.

The folder where you have the small images, you need to add small in front of the names.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK the image above is perfectly lined up for where the images load to so download away. Although it's not aligned correctly as in my final version, this is just updated on AppleBelly's image he included with his package that was off slightly, now it will load and you will see the box placeholders positioned correctly.

I had to go back and forward to my Wii and keep checking it was aligned but now it is.

As I have said before maybe at some stage we will be able to alter the coordinates in a config file and then you can just position as you please and it will work.

Don Killah, how's it all coming along? I have noticed an issue using the config.png, easy enough to fix graphically but means changing layout a bit, so see the console box where it loads the games information, well it's the same for the config page, so what happens is a black box in that area covers over other stuff. Can it be moved to the box on the right for the config.png. Maybe it means making console 1 and console 2, so there is separate locations on each page.

Cheers.

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don Killah said:
French : Les images sont mal nommées, ajoute le préfixe small.
English : it's because the small images are named wrong, they should be named like this smallR3TP54.png

oh boy.... I'm stupid ... I had already read somewhere ...

Now I must rename 540 pictures.

Thank you for this small job, and this response.
grog.gif

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Before you do though. You know that it will automatically download the images for you. So you could delete all your images and it will download and resize them for you. This was AppleBelly's work that he did the other day. That would say you a bit of trouble renaming. It comes at the cost of taking a while to download them all I'm sure.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepperoni said:
Looks like all of this work was for nawt.. check out the new amazing coverflow thread.

This was the reason i wasn't planning on spending too much time on the loader, that one looks amazing. Everything i hoped this one could be!

QUOTE(cdreams @ Apr 13 2009, 11:35 PM) @pepperoni

It's not that I don't respect his decision, its the fact he is not respecting mine and work that 56killer did last night. Yes it's just a loader but I spent 5 hours last night and got 56killer to help out and code the loader so button 2 would switch to the info page, then AppleBelly just decides to change it all for no reason apart from his preferences.

Anyhoo.

cdreams, who do you think you are? What do you mean that i just "decide to change it for no reason"? I'm sorry, show me where exactly in any of the code i wrote that it does have that feature. Someone can't just modify the loader i release, add a feature, then you assume its in my loader. I used waninkoko's code, it doesn't mean someone is moaning at him to add a feature of mine to his. Honestly mate, you have made me so fed up with this. All you do is whine about things not being how you want it. Well in the future if you want something, then you do it yourself. If you can't do it, then don't moan at the person who can.

cdreams, you have made me so fed up with all of this.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@ AppleBelly

First I had no intention of pissing anyone off.

Second, why did you ask me to modify the image if you were not going to use it, it sent the completely wrong message. I showed you the new properly centred image, you said you liked it with the 7 images, then you asked me to make it so it used pictures at 64x90. So guess what I did. Then you went and carried on using the old image.

This is where it has all stemmed from. I tried to clarify it with you days ago and you just ignored it every time ffs.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

Also, who do I think I am? I'm someone who has spent the last two days making an image for your loader, not only to benefit me but anyone else using it, only to have you ignore the work I done then have some god complex that because your coding it that I must just accept someone being ignorant.

Next time maybe don't ask me to change things if you have no intention of using then.

Sorry to anyone having to see this stupid argument. It's as simple as this. I do not know code so I can't change the coordinates. I'm also on a Mac and so it makes it awkward sometimes to use certain programs. I tried to fit in with your requests and I was happy to do so. You said way at the start of this thread if someone could code other things to fire away and do it. All was good. 56killer modified your R3 to have the second page and I informed you of it but you didn't want it. Even that wasn't an issue. I then made the 7 image version and did it with 50% size of the smaller boxes on the 3 image version, I sent to you and asked what you thought. You liked it but said due to the coding it would need specific sizes to work so to change it to fit 64x90. I DID THIS FOR YOU. I let you know and uploaded to this thread the new image. YOU chose not to use it and carried on coding it with the new sizes to be placed on an image that was incorrectly sized.

Go check the image you have and see what I mean, it cuts off the small box placeholders and looks worse off because of it. The reason people were interested in the loader in the first place, was for the aesthetics not the coding. Maybe you have forgotten that. They can get any number of loaders that are as good and better than this one. So yes I think it was important to have the correct images just as much the correct coding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...