Hacking Usbloadergx Crashing on Wii Roms

Bobby3xR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi first time modding a wii here and I'm running into an issue with usbloadergx. My problem is with wii games that were downloaded from rom sites. When these are launched usbloadergx crashes and takes me back to the wii menu.

I have some gamecube games and some wii games that I added by backing up straight from the disk using usbloadergx and these work fine so I'm thinking it's either (1) the rom is bad (2) usbloadergx is missing some setting to run this or (3) the thumb drive I am using is not compatible.

For (3) I don't think this is it because it runs other games as I stated above. Also I'm using a PNY 128GB Turbo Attache 3 USB 3.0 Flash Drive which was on the list of compatible thumb drives. Also I formatted it in fat32 format with cluster size 32.

For (2) I followed wii.guide so not sure if I'm missing something.

For (3) I have been trying to get wii sports or super mario bros to work. I downloaded it already in wbfs format from 2 sites and .iso from 2 sites. The wbfs show in the usbloadergx but when you click on it there is no preview on the "start screen" (it's just black) and when you click start it takes you back to the wii menu. I tried the two .iso files but when I use Wii backup manager to convert them to wbfs format they show in red and do not load.

I suspect the issue is either some setting missing or the rom is bad but given I tried multiple sources it makes me think the former over the latter.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks!

Bobby3xR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I resolved it! Posting here in case anyone else runs into the issue. The problem was I had the wrong ID for the rom selected. There are like 3 versions of wii sports and I picked the wrong one 😅.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh