USBLoaderGX not loading GCN or WII games

Yooooooooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running a 128 gb thumb drive currently. I don't think I'll be able to run gcn games from an SD card, my Wii has trouble with anything more than my 2 gig sd. I use Mac, is there a modmii alternative for Mac?
Post automatically merged:

It reminds me of when once upon a time (quite some time ago) I decided to play Fragile Dreams. I got a Wii for the occasion, modded it, copied the game onto a USB flash drive (pretty decent one for the time, by the way) and ran the game (and that was late in the evening).
Of course it was a black screen. The only thing that made me wait for the game to finally load was the flashing LED of the usb flash drive (if it's flashing, something must be going on.). It took me about 10 minutes or so to load the game into the title screen. After selecting a new game option there, the Wii started showing me a long black screen again... Anyway, it ended with me going out for a beer instead of playing, and the next day I went to buy a USB adapter for the HDD.
I haven't had a problem with the Wii since.
The moral of this fable is: it's nice to have a place near your house that sells good beer.
Darn it, I live in Utah so any beer you can find is crap

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wiibafu should work for formatting

If u want to partition a drive use whatever software then when you're done make the 2nd partition wbfs, if u choose to split a drive 50/50 fat32 and wbfs

Large sd cards should work with Nintendont and even wii games. But u currently can't use a usbloader gx's setting to use gamesaves on an emulated nand saved to the sd when launching games also saved to sd

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's your problem. Switch to a HDD or a SSD. I've only had one game on one drive work and oddly it was a 500MB Kingston USB drive and the game was Mario All Stars. Never had a thumb drive properly work for me besides that one time. And obviously that's not ideal.

Reactions: godreborn

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Welcome 😁
Enjoy
Also you can run GC games from the SD card as long as you have space. Just remember to put them in the games folder on the root.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it was a black screen. The only thing that made me wait for the game to finally load was the flashing LED of the usb flash drive (if it's flashing, something must be going on.). It took me about 10 minutes or so to load the game into the title screen.
This happened to me with Wii Sports. The only sport that worked was Bowling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?