OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
4gb.jpg

Knoxximus has posted a guide on how to get the most of out your Nintendo Wii's SD Card storage solution. He's managed to get a full 4GB (Non SHDC) MicroSD card to be used with the Nintendo Wii. While this method only works with non-SHDC cards, one can only hope in the near future Nintendo will address this matter officially.

Source : Tehskeen
How to do it : Here

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Tenma said:
4gb.jpg

Knoxximus has posted a guide on how to get the most of out your Nintendo Wii's SD Card storage solution. He's managed to get a full 4GB (Non SHDC) MicroSD card to be used with the Nintendo Wii. While this method only works with non-SHDC cards, one can only hope in the near future Nintendo will address this matter officially.

Source : Tehskeen
How to do it : Here
this is sweet, i have to get me a 4gb SD card now

great work and thanks Knoxximus

Dr.Tenma

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Raven Darkheart said:
old news is old. there are numerous posts and threads regarding this already....
do your research before you post...youre not special
Oh didn't know it, sorry.Delete it if you want moderators...in fact i haven't seen it on this forum before :S

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone had discussed this before. I actually bought a 4gb mini sd for my motorola Q (non-sdhc) a couple years ago, because it couldn't do sdhc cards. Got it on ebay. It works in my wii too with an sd adapter. I think you can still find these on ebay. Search for motorola Q 4gb. make sure it says it is compatible with the original Q and not just the newer Q9.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered one from buy.com, they had a non SDHC 4GB card for under $15 shipped.

It was the best price I could find and figured it was a good investment with nintendo planning on supporting downloads directly to the SD card.

Now they need to patch the system so you don't have to jump through hoops just to use a 4GB card. Or just be done with it and allow USB drives to be used, you can get an 8gb flash drive for under $20 these days...

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
that's nice, expecially with the upcoming update for playing channels from sd card...

edit: i wonder if it works with other 4gb sd cards

Nintendo never said anything about being able to play games directly from the SD. What they said was the solution would allow to download from the shop channel directly to the SD Card. You are still going to have to copy it over to play.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FGOD said:
that's nice, expecially with the upcoming update for playing channels from sd card...
It will not let you play from the SD card.
It will only copy the downloaded content directly to the SD card if the Wii internal memory is already full.

I'm not sure it will let you play from the SD if the internal memory is full. I think you will have to swap channels location first.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I don't understand how downloading directly to the sd card is a good storage solution...
That's because its a rubbish solution, suppose its ok in some sense, but not in the sense that we want it to be*
smile.gif

To those that pirate titles, i don't think Nintendo will address the matter of launching vc titles from SD...

Bit of a bitch really....hehe

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious....

If oyu can't launch channels, vc games and saves from an SD card, what was the (legitimate) application uses for an SD slot anyways???

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
old news is old. there are numerous posts and threads regarding this already....
do your research before you post...youre not special
Christ, Get that sand cleaned outta your vagina, would you?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Is it possible to play .wads from the SD card itself? Otherwise, I see no point in having a card bigger than 2Gb. After all, it only works for transferring stuff from the computer to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.