Hardware Use a Raspberry Pi as Wii Nand?

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bricked Wii (bad wad) and was looking online at Wii Nand Replacement, and I saw a hackaday post with someone using two nands https://hackaday.com/2008/06/06/wii-dual-nand-flash-hack/ and others where they remove the nand and replace it with another.

I had a Idea!

What if I solder a Pi to the Wii Nand, Find a program that dumps the nand on Pi, and either delete the bad wad or replace it with a nand.bin. Is this possible? How hard will it be? Could I delete the bad wad?

Thanks

Last edited by DRAGONBALLVINTAGE,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of anyone ever using a Pi to dump/flash a Wii NAND, likely because it lacks most of the necessary hardware to do something like that. You can't just solder some wires to the NAND and to the Pi and expect it to be able to read/write to anything. You would need something to read the TSOP48 chip...at which point, you would just use that, and a standard PC, not a Pi.

If you didn't take any anti-brick precautions whatsoever (Bootmii/Priiloader), you have basically 2 decent options: You can reflash the NAND using a NAND flasher (an Infectus2, for example), or you can replace the Wii. There is a Temper here who replaced a Wii's NAND with a NAND from a donor Wii, but that's more like a "I'm bored" project, not really a viable repair operation.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of anyone ever using a Pi to dump/flash a Wii NAND, likely because it lacks most of the necessary hardware to do something like that. You can't just solder some wires to the NAND and to the Pi and expect it to be able to read/write to anything. You would need something to read the TSOP48 chip...at which point, you would just use that, and a standard PC, not a Pi.

If you didn't take any anti-brick precautions whatsoever (Bootmii/Priiloader), you have basically 2 decent options: You can reflash the NAND using a NAND flasher (an Infectus2, for example), or you can replace the Wii. There is a Temper here who replaced a Wii's NAND with a NAND from a donor Wii, but that's more like a "I'm bored" project, not really a viable repair operation.
Thanks gonna look into Infectus2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here