Use Picasso on Linux

Gioele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I am new to this things. I wanted to see immages in a .3ds files, I saw that the .3ds file have files shader .shbin. I searched about a program that permit to me to see the immages, not only the binary as Visual Studio.

Result? A travel.

I have Windows 10 home with Virtualbox, Ubuntu (Linux). I don't know how to compilate and run Picasso with Ubuntu and the guide in github say how to obtain a Windows executable even if the program is even for Linux.

Can you explain to me how can I compilate and run it?

First I tried a program called Nihstro (for see the .shbin files), but it didn't work after the compilation because Visual Studio had problems.
After that, I found Picasso in github.

With windows (msys, TGC and MinGW, I tried all of them) I had errors because there wasn't a library .dll.
For take the library and install it I should go in a pericoulus site. And I think it however shouldn't work, in every case reg32 don't want to install it, I don't kniw hiw to see the version and the security.

(libgcc_s_seh1.dll, if I remember correctly. I took it from MinGW or MSYS but Windows 10 didn't accept it and Picasso didn't start).

So, many users wrote that with Linux there aren't problems.

With the proceed describe in github I obtained a windows executable, but with Linux? How can I run it?

However, in a page I red about a command called pacman, it is installed in my Ubuntu but when I run it it open Pacman the game 😅. So I think there is something wrong... the post said to installing with pacman a 3ds tool.

Last edited by Gioele,

Gioele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I am new to this things. I wanted to see immages in a .3ds files, I saw that the .3ds file have files shader .shbin. I searched about a program that permit to me to see the immages, not only the binary as Visual Studio.

Result? A travel.

I have Windows 10 home with Virtualbox, Ubuntu (Linux). I don't know how to compilate and run Picasso with Ubuntu and the guide in github say how to obtain a Windows executable even if the program is even for Linux.

Can you explain to me how can I compilate and run it?

First I tried a program called Nihstro (for see the .shbin files), but it didn't work after the compilation because Visual Studio had problems.
After that, I found Picasso in github.

With windows (msys, TGC and MinGW, I tried all of them) I had errors because there wasn't a library .dll.
For take the library and install it I should go in a pericoulus site. And I think it however shouldn't work, in every case reg32 don't want to install it, I don't kniw hiw to see the version and the security.

(libgcc_s_seh1.dll, if I remember correctly. I took it from MinGW or MSYS but Windows 10 didn't accept it and Picasso didn't start).

So, many users wrote that with Linux there aren't problems.

With the proceed describe in github I obtained a windows executable, but with Linux? How can I run it?

However, in a page I red about a command called pacman, it is installed in my Ubuntu but when I run it it open Pacman the game 😅. So I think there is somethimg wrong... the post said to installing with pacman a 3ds tool.
Nobody?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool