Hardware Use the same sensor bar on two consoles?

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes no sense.
It doesn't, does it? But that is the results I got with multiple Wiis tested.

Aren't all sensor bars the same except the color?
That is what I thought; I thought it was like the USB in vWii (i.e. Wii U uses less power for its bar), but that, too, makes no sense. I now believe they redesigned it when the Family Wii was launched and recycled the new design for Wii U.

Last edited by kehkou,

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It doesn't, does it? But that is the results I got with multiple Wiis tested.

That is what I thought; I thought it was like the USB in vWii (i.e. Wii U uses less power for its bar), but that, too, makes no sense. I now believe they redesigned it when the Family Wii was launched and recycled the new design for Wii U.

The model number is the same for all these sensor bars. I doubt they redesigned it.

Did you try playing around with the sensor bar settings in your Wii after connecting the Wii U sensor bar?

Reactions: IC_

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you cant be using the wii and the wiiu at the same time then unless the person playing the wiiu is playing off screen using the display on the wiiu controller then just use the sensor bar that is built into the wiiu controller while the other person uses the sensor bar on the wii.

Very quick video of me using the wiiu remotes built in sensor bar (As you can see its placed on a table nowhere near the wiiu and yes i desperately need to clean the screen lol)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The model number is the same for all these sensor bars. I doubt they redesigned it.

Did you try playing around with the sensor bar settings in your Wii after connecting the Wii U sensor bar?
Good point. Family Wii bar indeed works with GC Wiis.
I used the setting that displays the output of the IR camera, Sensitivity, IIRC (long ago). No dots on the two GC Wiis (one, launch) with the U's bar. Wii ones were all interchangeable, and worked on the Wii U. I also have a USB one that obviously works on all consoles.

Great, now I have to get to the bottom of this phenomenon!:P

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC some later sensor bars reduced the number of IR LEDs from 10 (5 per side) to 6 (3 per side). This shouldn't make them incompatible with different systems, but it might make it harder to use with certain remotes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not what you expect, but what I do :
sensor bar plugged in Wii.
when I need sensor bar on WiiU, I power the Wii at the same time :yaywii:
(yeah, both console powered, but at least it works without unplugging)

If I don't want to power the Wii, at least in vWii I can use the WiiU gamepad's sensors.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you cant be using the wii and the wiiu at the same time then unless the person playing the wiiu is playing off screen using the display on the wiiu controller then just use the sensor bar that is built into the wiiu controller while the other person uses the sensor bar on the wii.

Very quick video of me using the wiiu remotes built in sensor bar (As you can see its placed on a table nowhere near the wiiu and yes i desperately need to clean the screen lol)

The Wii U Gamepad doesn't have it's sensor bar on all the time at least for me and even if it was what if I'm playing multiplayer?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Wii U Gamepad doesn't have it's sensor bar on all the time at least for me and even if it was what if I'm playing multiplayer?
It is on all the time and you only need one sensor bar for multiplayer. Im not answering anymore because as the last poster said you are clearly trolling as you reject all answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello