Used Games Sales and the Future: Still Needed?

With the advent of cloud gaming, is it beneficial to migrate over to the cloud?

• Total voters

Deferet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think with the use of digital editions now starting to become more dominant, the game companies themselves should be able to let you "rent" a game like you would from gamefly, except that the video game company actually gets the money. $5 for a couple days and if you like it than you can buy it. There's no middleman, and you don't get stuck with games you don't like. This will probably do away with places like gamestop, gamefly, and even blockbuster (the games division anyway) but it would be faster, cheaper, and no waiting for a game anymore (except download times).

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think with the use of digital editions now starting to become more dominant, the game companies themselves should be able to let you "rent" a game like you would from gamefly, except that the video game company actually gets the money. $5 for a couple days and if you like it than you can buy it. There's no middleman, and you don't get stuck with games you don't like. This will probably do away with places like gamestop, gamefly, and even blockbuster (the games division anyway) but it would be faster, cheaper, and no waiting for a game anymore (except download times).

How exactly would that rid of GameStop?

And I laugh at 'faster' when the GameStop nearby is within walking distance of my place and it would take a million years for the game to download with the internet here, not including how much more of a pain it is when everyone is downloading the same thing at once, specifically a retail size one. On top of that, it isn't always reliable and the thought of having to go through said download again should the need arise... *shivers*

Reactions: tbgtbg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And I laugh at 'faster' when the GameStop nearby is within walking distance of my place and it would take a million years for the game to download with the internet here, not including how much more of a pain it is when everyone is downloading the same thing at once, specifically a retail size one. On top of that, it isn't always reliable and the thought of having to go through said download again should the need arise... *shivers*

"It's not the case for me so it's not the case for everyone!"

Also holy shit just use Amazon and be patient like an adult. Nearest Gamestop to me is 20 min drive. And Gamestop is shit anyway. As is any "video game store".

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that a GameStop is nearby is pretty much icing on the cake when it comes to my post really. I was in no way trying to represent the masses with that.

What I'm trying to point out there is that there are a ton of people out in the same situation as myself where the internet isn't exactly golden, whether it be slow as hell/unreliable/combo/whatever. Downloading a retail sized game, specifically the bigger ones, can end up being an absolute nightmare, let alone having to do so when everyone and their grandma is also trying to download it... that was referring to Deferet's post.

I fail to see why I should just use Amazon if I can just run down the road a sec and pick a game up while I am out anyways. Down the road, online retailers definitely offer better deals(which I do look into, thank you) but I'm not going to cry over the few bucks I could save on launch days if it's available nearby.

Reactions: tbgtbg

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cloud, neat invention if you have a permanent/stable/highspeed internet connection.
You can't play games on the move then nor can you play them when your internet is down.

No, I'll stick with traditional media.

Agreed. You can't always take your net with you. :(

Its such a rip off Gamestop sells the used version $5 or $10 bucks less than the new version..... yet they may give you $5 bucks if you trade it in to them. I only buy new games. I sold my playsation and Xbone 360. The dilemma is this since all of my gaming is on the 3DS and PC now, I would buy in the cloud IF it was half the price of the Physical cartridge...... The company doesn't have to make a cart, packaging,booklets or anything whatsoever so I feel they should pass the cheaper cost of the digital version down to the consumer, it literally costs them nothing to make the digital version......apart from the electric bill that it costs to run the computer. Until the industry moves this way I will continue to by NEW physical carts. As for gamestop used games......RIPOFF ALERT the $5 or $10 you'd save, you are not supporting the gaming industry and you help promote their ridiculous prices on USED games stop doing it vote with your dollars.

That makes perfect sense considering that it's no wonder people are buying digital vs. physical. At the same time though, it's just a sham because you feel like you've been had. Often the digital versions have bugs and other issues that physical rarely encounters so you kinda are gambling.

Reactions: DinohScene

Deferet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As someone who used to work for EB Games (yeah EB games that doesn't exist anymore), the games retail business has started losing money ever since download became available. Most of their money is from used games, they make *maybe* $5 on every new game they sell, and $20 on every used game they sell. Now that used games are on a decline, and digital downloads are rising, Gamestop's main source of income, Used Games, are going to be threatened. Just like how blockbuster has vanished, that local gamestore will eventually have to either go online to compete or just slowly vanish. People are creatures on convenience, and because downloads are more convenient, they will slowly, but surely, gravitate towards downloading and having all their games on their HDs so that they no longer have to get up and switch games, or even have to remember where their games are. With the new features from Xbox, being able to play your games from the cloud on any Xbox you're on, the would relieve some of the tension of having to bring your games over to a friend's house to play. All in all, this trend has already started, and before long Gamestop will eventually go the way of Blockbuster, and there will be less and less physical disks running around, especially as game companies realize that games will cost less to produce if they don't need to make disks, they want to maximize profits by reducing costs.

I'm not saying this because I want it, quite the opposite in fact. I used to love (and still do for the most part) opening a brand new game. Ripping the plastic off the box and getting to the actual cartridge (NES and SNES back in the day) and opening the game manual and reading through it before I could get home, and the moment I did, I would get everything ready, TV on, curtains closed, door shut before putting in the new game so I could see every little detail before the game even started. It was the little things like this that added to the anticipation of playing the game and some of the things I will miss. I still miss being able to go to the video store and getting to pick out a movie or a game to rent, and feel sad that my kids won't get to experience that because everything is at our fingertips now. You want to watch a movie, you can stream it on netflix, you want to play a game, just download it. There's no longer a need to leave the house, it's sad.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I think the thing is that many people that were for the Xbox One's original DRM plan were only so doing because they thought it would finally mean the end of GameStop and its obnoxious business practices and policies. The problem is that if you read it carefully, you'd realize that the xbox one would have had this for only authorized retailers could resell the games... of which of course Gamestop was going to sign up to be one. So it wouldn't have got rid of them at all. Instead it would have gotten rid of the smaller, independent stores' ability to deal with used games for those systems, and made Gamestop's grip even more draconian and ridiculous. And believe me, I want to see Gamestop get their just desserts as much as anyone else here with an axe to grind with that god-forsaken chain. It's bad enough here on the West Coast, but it's even worse on the East coast because they have effectively killed off all competition in terms of any reselling of video game merchandise... and they are extremely arbitrary of what they will accept, much less pay for. The amount of issues I have with them would be far too numerous to list at this time, and not really serve this thread any.

There definitely does need to be a more sensibile approach to used games... and one that gets the corporate bean counters out of the process as much as possible, if not completely. That much is certain.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my mind, a publisher usually has a "print" run of so many copies. In general they don't have a second run. And as you know some games become hard to find later on for this reason. Therefore when you buy a used game, it is usually already "done". They already figured in how many copies to make a profit, or how many they wanted to do. The industry has already been paid. Sure if a game really "flops" and no one buys it at all then that is another story, however in that case it is usually easy to find brand new sealed copies for reasonable prices. And most people, if given the choice, will buy a sealed copy rather than a used one, if the prices is right.

So again "used" copies do not harm the industry. Does having used cars hurt the automobile industry? How about used houses? Or by that same idea, libraries should be banned because it hurts the book publishing industry. I first saw the article mentioned in this post and rolled my eyes. The writer clearly has no real conception on how the used industry works. I will agree though that at some used sellers, they charge more than they should for a used copy, but do I think it is killing the industry? No.

*Edit*
I also think that downloads are going to be more and more popular. But what I don't like is you buy a game, then it can go poof at any time from the store, and if your copy fails, many times you can't get it again. Or make a backup. This is why I buy many of my games from sources such as GOG instead of steam. Steam you can't backup quite as easily and always need a internet connection (or at least sometimes) to validate you own the game. If steam ever goes down, guess what, so does your vast game library. And I don't trust companies to "always be around". I think this is what Xbox fans were afraid of, loosing the games they purchased and no longer being able to "always have them" on a disc. Also for the true game collector, there is nothing like having the game in its original box etc. Oo I have the original download on this HD. Umm? Where is the fun in that for a collector? It certainly takes the fun out of it for me. But I realize that collectors vs general players are vastly outnumbered, and the industry is going to cater to the larger size.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I think the thing is that many people that were for the Xbox One's original DRM plan were only so doing because they thought it would finally mean the end of GameStop and its obnoxious business practices and policies. The problem is that if you read it carefully, you'd realize that the xbox one would have had this for only authorized retailers could resell the games... of which of course Gamestop was going to sign up to be one. So it wouldn't have got rid of them at all. Instead it would have gotten rid of the smaller, independent stores' ability to deal with used games for those systems, and made Gamestop's grip even more draconian and ridiculous. And believe me, I want to see Gamestop get their just desserts as much as anyone else here with an axe to grind with that god-forsaken chain. It's bad enough here on the West Coast, but it's even worse on the East coast because they have effectively killed off all competition in terms of any reselling of video game merchandise... and they are extremely arbitrary of what they will accept, much less pay for. The amount of issues I have with them would be far too numerous to list at this time, and not really serve this thread any.

There definitely does need to be a more sensibile approach to used games... and one that gets the corporate bean counters out of the process as much as possible, if not completely. That much is certain.

To be fair people act like Gamestop is by far the largest game retailer and it's pretty not even up there with a general retailer (Wal-Mart, Target, or Amazon).

Everyone hates Gamestop because they milk you out of your trade-ins. Good luck finding another place to trade in a bunch of old, useless games for new ones. Like you can just keep your games and pay for new ones honestly.

I mean you can complain that Gamestop "killed off" its competition but what other big name brands were better than Gamestop? Anything that's a small mom-and-pop store doesn't deal in the same market as Gamestop. They probably do something like retro games. Plus we all know the only mom-and-pop nerd dens that stay around are TG stores.

Reactions: Foxi4

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair people act like Gamestop is by far the largest game retailer and it's pretty not even up there with a general retailer (Wal-Mart, Target, or Amazon).

Everyone hates Gamestop because they milk you out of your trade-ins. Good luck finding another place to trade in a bunch of old, useless games for new ones. Like you can just keep your games and pay for new ones honestly.

I mean you can complain that Gamestop "killed off" its competition but what other big name brands were better than Gamestop? Anything that's a small mom-and-pop store doesn't deal in the same market as Gamestop. They probably do something like retro games. Plus we all know the only mom-and-pop nerd dens that stay around are TG stores.
Gamestop could easily afford to accommodate for retro and current gaming with ease, considering the kind of revenue they bring in. Yet this is the same company that...
  • Didn't even give the Dreamcast 24 hours after Sega's announcement to end its model as a console hardware maker, before refusing to carry or accept any and all dreamcast merchandise in stores, even though there were still games that weren't released yet for the system
  • Has actively snuffed out anything resembling a sleeper hit or hidden gem in favor of "dude brah" crap...
  • ... Unless you have the financial means to afford to "pre-or-duh" about 100 copies per store
  • Can't even be bothered to keep services and policies between its individual stores straight
  • Make you pay for a discount card that doesn't offer any relevant discounts at all
  • Sign you up for a rewards program against your will with unreasonably high requirements to get anything of any meritable worth
Believe me, Gamestop earns its hatred justifiably. Even moreso in districts where not even pawn shops are able to accept video game merch because then you really don't have any other choice or alternative.

It's worse than the situation in Australia that got so bad as to force many users living in those countries to modchip their systems, just so they could actually have games to play on them in the first place. It's like the situation where $ony sued Lik-sang out of existence, except with everything they sell.

If anything, I'm grateful that I moved to a location where there are much better stores to visit where I'm much more likely to find what I want. But I remember all too well how there really were no alternatives back where I used to live, and it is distressing every time I end up setting foot near a gamestop anymore because I remember those horrible experiences all too well.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop could easily afford to accommodate for retro and current gaming with ease, considering the kind of revenue they bring in. Yet this is the same company that...

Didn't even give the Dreamcast 24 hours after Sega's announcement to end its model as a console hardware maker, before refusing to carry or accept any and all dreamcast merchandise in stores, even though there were still games that weren't released yet for the system

Why shouldn't they? A dead console is worthless beyond an incredibly niche market of collectors. If they're not going to make a reasonable amount of money off it, why bother stocking it when they could use that valuable space for things that will actually sell?

Has actively snuffed out anything resembling a sleeper hit or hidden gem in favor of "dude brah" crap...

... Unless you have the financial means to afford to "pre-or-duh" about 100 copies per store

Gamestop isn't just offering the products people buy first and foremost - it's a conspiracy!

Seriously, man, movie theaters project less than you.

Can't even be bothered to keep services and policies between its individual stores straight

Or they offer individual stores a much needed degree of autonomy so that they can tailor themselves to their particular location.

Make you pay for a discount card that doesn't offer any relevant discounts at all

Yes, I really hate it when the Gamestop clerk puts a gun to my forehead and forces me to pay for the discount card. I have absolutely no choice in the manner whatsoever!

Sign you up for a rewards program against your will with unreasonably high requirements to get anything of any meritable worth

Truly this is modern day slavery.

Too bad you can't just, you know, ignore it. Oh wait, never mind, you totally can.

Believe me, Gamestop earns its hatred justifiably. Even moreso in districts where not even pawn shops are able to accept video game merch because then you really don't have any other choice or alternative.

What, did they wipe eBay, Craigslist, and the rest of the Internet from existence? Damn you, Gamestop, you've gone too far this time!

It's worse than the situation in Australia that got so bad as to force many users living in those countries to modchip their systems, just so they could actually have games to play on them in the first place. It's like the situation where $ony sued Lik-sang out of existence, except with everything they sell.

If you're referring the pricing on Australian games, that's not just limited to Gamestop. Games are marked up ridiculously high in Australia, even on Steam.

If anything, I'm grateful that I moved to a location where there are much better stores to visit where I'm much more likely to find what I want. But I remember all too well how there really were no alternatives back where I used to live, and it is distressing every time I end up setting foot near a gamestop anymore because I remember those horrible experiences all too well.

Trigger Warning: Gamestop

Reactions: Foxi4

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, now I know you're just trying to goad me into a negative response...

As for the dreamcast, at the time there were still new games being made for the system. There was still plenty out there coming out for the rest of the year; there was no reason to not conitnue supporting the console other than their collective elitism. And in case you have been living under a rock lately, retro is very chic now. They won't make room for retro systems that are still popular which (I'm partly surprised in saying this) includes the PS2, but then they'll occupy their display cases with leapfrog ching-chong tablets and used iPhones. Last I checked, the logo on the front says Gamestop, not Toystop.

I'd have less problem with individual autonomy between stores, if they'd clarified that it was something that individual store can do, and not try to misrepresent that it is something GameStop in General could or could not do. I've had numerous instances of where I had to physically get myself through at least five different locations in a day on account of one claiming having something I did want in stock, and then only when I finally get to where it actually was, would they tell me that they had a service where t hey could have something specific like it shipped to the store that would have been physically closest to me... yet the same store in question wouldn't even acknowledge that that is a service they would offer in the first place. QED, when it finally became time to buy a CECH(A/B) PS3, upon returning the first one, they instructed me to go to another location more than 20 miles away from me to get a replacement. As I was checking out, store B in this case would tell me about the service... and I tell them how they wouldn't even offer that ability. Even they looked at me like "uh, that's a corporate thing. they're supposed to provide that service to you." Inconsistency!

At the time that I did preorder Arkham Asylum, they wanted my phone number. I was still on a limited-minutes plan, and no text contract. Gamestop sent me 5 text messages a day from the week it was about to come out... to the tune of 25 cents/message tacked on my phone bill. When I went to pick up the game, from the same guy I initiated the preorder no less, he refused to acknowledge any responsibility for the screw-up and refer me to call their corporate number. Corporate insisted that I simply reply STOP to the messages, and wouldn't comprehend that the plan I was on meant I would be paying MORE money to do so. Their cupid stunt cost me an extra $20 they refused to compensate me on on my phone bill that following month.

More recently, when I went to pick up WWE '13, they were trying to pressure me to get their rewards card. I very emphatically said no, every time. Yet I turn around for a second and reach for my bag, and yet along with my copy of the game, there was another stupid reward card signed up to me. WHY?! because they're *expletive* that's why. And even on their rewards catalog, you'd have to spend like $1000 a month in new merch to make enough points for anything even halfway merit-able. Their so-called discounts doesn't even apply to anything that I would get there on any regular basis. And on more than one occasion across several individual outlets, were there incidents that my local circle of friends and I received a used copy of a game sold as "new." Yet there was nothing that could be done because they were the only retailer that in some counties, can be allowed to carry used game merchandise.

Ebay? Three words: lack of trust. eBay wanted $70 for just the disc copy of Bust A groove for PS1, and $1000 for a "new" BC PS3. And with my luck, all I would have got even if I could pay that kind of money was a ps3 box filled with cement bricks. And before you say "just buy from a trusted seller", there is no such thing. And eBay in itself has no checks and balances in place for such BS.

Craigslist? More like serial killer list. The amount of blatantly broken merchandise sold as "like new" on the site manages to be worse than Goodwill.

Selling on the internet also comes with significant barriers of entry unless you're already doing like thousands in business a week.

You wouldn't understand, because you've been having to live with their crap for so long you don't know any better.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, now I know you're just trying to goad me into a negative response...

Nope. It's a shame, really, because this would've been an A+ result.

As for the dreamcast, at the time there were still new games being made for the system. There was still plenty out there coming out for the rest of the year; there was no reason to not conitnue supporting the console other than their collective elitism.

Or, you know, the fact that titles for a dead system aren't going to sell well? There's nothing elitist about it. Gamestop is a business; they'll do what makes them money. This really isn't too difficult.

And in case you have been living under a rock lately, retro is very chic now. They won't make room for retro systems that are still popular which (I'm partly surprised in saying this) includes the PS2, but then they'll occupy their display cases with leapfrog ching-chong tablets and used iPhones. Last I checked, the logo on the front says Gamestop, not Toystop.

Pffft no. The average consumer that Gamestop aims for doesn't give two shits about "retro gaming," so of course that's not going to be a priority. If they're selling those items, it's because there's a large enough demand whether you care for them or not.

At the time that I did preorder Arkham Asylum, they wanted my phone number. I was still on a limited-minutes plan, and no text contract. Gamestop sent me 5 text messages a day from the week it was about to come out... to the tune of 25 cents/message tacked on my phone bill. When I went to pick up the game, from the same guy I initiated the preorder no less, he refused to acknowledge any responsibility for the screw-up and refer me to call their corporate number. Corporate insisted that I simply reply STOP to the messages, and wouldn't comprehend that the plan I was on meant I would be paying MORE money to do so. Their cupid stunt cost me an extra $20 they refused to compensate me on on my phone bill that following month.

It would've cost you more than $20 to send one text message? And why not use a home phone number?

More recently, when I went to pick up WWE '13, they were trying to pressure me to get their rewards card. I very emphatically said no, every time. Yet I turn around for a second and reach for my bag, and yet along with my copy of the game, there was another stupid reward card signed up to me. WHY?! because they're *expletive* that's why.

A free promotional card you're free to throw in the trash. Those fucking bastards, man...

And even on their rewards catalog, you'd have to spend like $1000 a month in new merch to make enough points for anything even halfway merit-able. Their so-called discounts doesn't even apply to anything that I would get there on any regular basis.

I'm sorry that I have to break this to you, but that's how rewards programs in general work. They're designed first and foremost to get consumers to throw money at the store. Good thing they're completely incidental and stupidly easy to ignore, though.

Also, just because a program doesn't offer deals that appeal specifically to you doesn't mean it's a bad program.

Ebay? Three words: lack of trust. eBay wanted $70 for just the disc copy of Bust A groove for PS1, and $1000 for a "new" BC PS3. And with my luck, all I would have got even if I could pay that kind of money was a ps3 box filled with cement bricks. And before you say "just buy from a trusted seller", there is no such thing. And eBay in itself has no checks and balances in place for such BS.

Craigslist? More like serial killer list. The amount of blatantly broken merchandise sold as "like new" on the site manages to be worse than Goodwill.

Selling on the internet also comes with significant barriers of entry unless you're already doing like thousands in business a week.

These are some of the worst excuses I've heard in a good long while. Seriously, it really isn't that hard as long as you have just a little common sense and patience.

You wouldn't understand, because you've been having to live with their crap for so long you don't know any better.

Pffft no 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I don't like Gamestop, but that doesn't mean they're evil or corrupt or elitist or whatever insult people want to throw at them. At the end of the day, they're just another company with plenty of competition. If you don't want to take the initiative, that's your choice and that's fine, but don't turn around and act as if they forced you into it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, remember when Gamestop was the only place that would sell copies of Xenoblade? A RPG on a console that was both dead and where RPGs bombed?

Remember that guys?

Nah fuck that they only care about DUDE BRAH crap.

Even though they still sell most of the games from weaboo garbage to Call of Duty.

But yes, let's cry about it because we can.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Codezer0 I can't tell if you're a troll or just genuinely batshit fucking insane.
Your entire argument towards everything should be read and agreed with while wearing a tinfoil hat.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well excuse me if I tend to prefer being able to verify something is new/good/working before putting my dollars down to get it instead of buying sight unseen.

Also, growing up I certainly didn't have access to a credit card, or even a computer with internet access until I was already in high school. So for several years of my playing history, Gamestop really was the only choice to find games that I either couldn't afford new or were out of print. The only time my selection ever varied was when I could afford to buy something new. And usually in those cases I definitely went to other stores with more generous return policies because gamestop was so notoriously obnoxious. But, if I couldn't afford a game outright, it was back to those *expletive*s because I couldn't find anyone else willing to buy what I wanted or needed to sell. It's just bloody ironic that when they were still separate chains, gamestop did have better rates and return policies than EB games.... but as soon as the buggers merged, they each adopted the worst practices of both and left us all screwed over. And yes, there are indeed communities with local laws that actually prevent a standard pawn shop from being able to accept or hawk video game merchandise of any sort... yet for some bloody legal loophole, you could find not one, but no less than FOUR gamestops in the same community.

Then when eBay existed, all the stories in print, on TV and online were the same. Someone getting scammed here. someone selling a PSP box and then getting an empty box. some other person selling a 360 at launch and stuffing the box with a cement brick to fool shippers and the recipient until it was too late. So, no, i will never, ever trust ebay on principle. Especially when it comes down to when there is something I do want that can only be had on ebay anymore, they deliberately mark up the price to beyond ridiculousness. The fact that they have the audacity to sell a broadband adapter that MSRP'd for $30 for no less than $200 ever for the Dreamcast is *expletive* ridiculous, and I will never forgive the site or its sellers for it.

It was distressing... and I certainly didn't know what else to do, until I took a vacation on the west coast, and discovered a smaller chain, with larger stores, called Bookman's... And it opened up my eyes to the shit that gamestop really was. How?
  • They actually will accept strategy guides
  • They will accept PC games - provided they don't have some kind of crazy DRM that prevents another who buys it second-hand from being able to use it, mind. Still, with that policy is why I was able to ever find a fresh copy of System Shock 2
  • They accept older and retro games
  • For most things, they are actually priced very reasonably, and they've a very reasonable return policy on top of it
  • You get a far better overall return for cash than Gamestop would give in store credit
And that's just on the video games alone.

More recently another independent place opened up not too far from where I live now, that is also very competitive with the place. Yes, rare stuff commands a higher rate. Yet thanks to them, I was able to get a limited edition copy of Project X Zone for less expensive than gamestop would ask for a regular used copy. And both places have a general attitude and service that makes me want to come back, instead of dealing with the entitled pricks at every single gamestop I've had the misfortune of setting foot in.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying used at Gamestop might "only be $5 less than new" but if you wait for a sale like buy 2 get 1 free, it's a lot better. Furthermore, the return policy on used games is a lot better than you're ever going to get for new. Buy a new game anywhere, pop it in (or better yet, wait a few hours to download it, feh), find out it sucks a llama's rectum? Tough shit. Buy a used game at GS, don't like it? Take it back, get something else.

Yeah, it would be nice if GS charged less for used games, but it would be nicer still if everyone had sensible return policies that didn't hold you by the balls once you put your money down. There's never going to be such a thing for digital/cloud games. They don't just have you by the balls, they have a knife in the other hand are about to have you singing soprano.

Reactions: codezer0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of...