Hacking Using a different bootloader with SX OS so I can update SysNAND to play online

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using SX OS with Emunand. Both emunand and sysnand are on 11.0.0 . I would like to be able to play online with legit carts in sysnand, but if I recall correctly from previous experience, neither emunand or sysnand will boot (or maybe it's just that sysand won't boot, I can't remember) if you update sysnand past the firmware version that SX OS supports (I'm sure sysnand would boot normally if I didn't use autoRCM, but I don't want to burn fuses). My hypothesis is that if I use a different bootloader, I would be able to keep using SX OS on emunand and also use sysnand on the latest version without burning fuses. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject, I would appreciate any help.

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other bootloader you can use Hekate.
Are you saying that Hekate would work for my purposes, as described in the original post?

But updating via Nintendo server will burn your fuse.
I would update sysnad using Choi, so my autoRCM will stay intact. Although, any subsequent updates would require me to use Atmosphere on sysnand to use Choi (since SX OS would no longer work on 11.0.1). Also I'll note, you can technically update via the official Nintendo servers without burning fuses if go into recovery mode upon reboot (via jig and Vol+) and inject a payload without booting into Horizon. Too ballsy of move for me, but it's possible.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You risk a ban if you update your Sysnand via ChoidujourNX or Daybreak. In the case of autoRCM when you update via Nintendo server it wipe your out your AutoRCM, unless you get into RCM mode before it boot into Horizon OS you will burn the fuse I guess.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm using SX OS with Emunand. Both emunand and sysnand are on 11.0.0 . I would like to be able to play online with legit carts in sysnand, but if I recall correctly from previous experience, neither emunand or sysnand will boot (or maybe it's just that sysand won't boot, I can't remember) if you update sysnand past the firmware version that SX OS supports (I'm sure sysnand would boot normally if I didn't use autoRCM, but I don't want to burn fuses). My hypothesis is that if I use a different bootloader, I would be able to keep using SX OS on emunand and also use sysnand on the latest version without burning fuses. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject, I would appreciate any help.
If you want to play online safely, disable AutoRCM and boot normally, it's the only way that's 100% safe (assuming your sysNAND is clean, of course)
Fuse burning is not a big concern.

Reactions: Milad

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it burns your fuses when it tries to boot with the original bootloader so if you can get your payload ready before it reboots and boots hekate instead you avoid it.

but remember updating via officially overwrites the boot files so autrorcm is disabled. so i have a jig and dongle ready and as its about to restart i put jig and dongle in and hold the vol + as it reboots

sxos atm only works up to 11.0 so leave emunand on that atm

I would update your sd files while you at it too
sdsetup.com
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone for their input on fuses. However, I'm more concerned with whether Hekate will allow me to boot into both SX OS emunand on 11.0.0 and OFW sysnand on 11.0.1 . Can anyone confirm this?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you to everyone for their input on fuses. However, I'm more concerned with whether Hekate will allow me to boot into both SX OS emunand on 11.0.0 and OFW sysnand on 11.0.1 . Can anyone confirm this?

it will just add this to your list of entries in hekate_ipl.ini
Code:
[SXOS CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/SX_Loader.bin

add the SX_Loader.bin into the "bootloader/payloads" folder

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After many hours of research, I have come to the conclusion that regardless of the initial bootloader, SX OS emunand will not boot if you update sysnand to 11.0.1 . If anyone has evidence to the contrary, feel free to provide it.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After many hours of research, I have come to the conclusion that regardless of the initial bootloader, SX OS emunand will not boot if you update sysnand to 11.0.1 . If anyone has evidence to the contrary, feel free to provide it.

atm no it can't boot 11.0.1 which is why you can use sysnad nand on 11.0.1 for online and emunand on 11.0

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX emunand will boot just fine if your sysnand is on 11.0.1, that's how I have it setup. Just update your sysnand via official method and keep your emunand on 11.0.0
I'm confused. If that is the case, then why are there so many threads saying "I accidentally updated to 11.0.1 and now SX OS isn't working" and the responses are all "Switch to Atmosphere or wait for TX to release update"?
Did you burn fuses? What bootloader are you using? What device are you using to inject the payload?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm confused. If that is the case, then why are there so many threads saying "I accidentally updated to 11.0.1 and now SX OS isn't working" and the responses are all "Switch to Atmosphere or wait for TX to release update"?
Did you burn fuses? What bootloader are you using? What device are you using to inject the payload?
I'm using SX Pro with my sysnand on latest firmware fuses burned to play games online and an emunand on 11.0 on SX cfw.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

These accidental updates are on the sysnand and don't know you could use atmos to boot and run daybreak to downgrade to 11.0. plus people on this forum hate tx and will just tell you to use atmos but if you like the xci mount from sd and hdd it's still worth using

hekate is the bootloader I use as a middle man but using the sx one fine

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These accidental updates are on the sysnand and don't know you could use atmos to boot and run daybreak to downgrade to 11.0. plus people on this forum hate tx and will just tell you to use atmos but if you like the xci mount from sd and hdd it's still worth using

hekate is the bootloader I use as a middle man but using the sx one fine
So having sysnand on 11.0.1 doesn't prevent SX bootloader from working?

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure if is true I heard rumors SX os is working on a new update maybe they waiting for update 12. I still have a little hope since we still getting patch for now.

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it! For anyone reading this thread who wants to wants to update sysnand past what SX OS supports, this is the skinny:
EmuNAND version: 11.0.0
SysNADN version: 11.0.1
The SX bootloader can boot into emunand; it cannot boot into sysnand. If you are using something like TegraRcmGUI or a third party injector dongle, you can inject the payload for SX OS to launch emunand or inject the payload for hekate to then launch sysnand. If you are using the SX Pro, you can chain load from SX to hekate, in order to get into sysnand.
Thank you to everyone for their input!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure if is true I heard rumors SX os is working on a new update maybe they waiting for update 12. I still have a little hope since we still getting patch for now.
Well...the update is out and Atmosphere has already updated. How much longer can you really afford to wait for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol