ROM Hack Using citra to edit text and textures in Style Savvy. I found .TSCN and .LARC files and I can't find out what they are let alone how to edit them.

J-Bungle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(First romhack!!) Editing text and textures in Style Savvy Trendsetters (simulation game for the 3DS)!

So most of the text files were in .msbt format and I had no problem finding info on those & editing them using kuriimu.

Some of the text files (in a folder called textflow - so I'm guessing those are text files directly related to the flow of the main story rather than random little things NPCs say) are .tscn files and are paired files with the same name but are .larc files. I attempted to open it in notepad and it looks like theres more .tscn files inside.

At first I thought I wouldn't have to deal with them because of the msbt files, but there's loads of text in the game that aren't in the msbt files.

Idk if listing this will make it more easy to help me but I'll list stuff just incase:

Things I've tried already
  • Opening the .tscn files in Godot (I didn't think it would work, but I'd thought I would give it a go since Godot text scene files are also .tscn)
  • Searched reddit and gbatemp for anything related to .tscn files or .larc files (found nothing, other than threads about godot)
  • Put the .larc files through an arc converter
  • Tried one IDE, but I'm willing to try another one of course. Can't remember which one but it said the files were either in binary or an unsupported format.
I also tried opening the MSBF files just in case the text I wanted to edit were in those, but neither penguin's MSBT&MSBF editor or MSBconverter worked. Neither of them could even open the MSBT files either so idk what's up with those.

Thank you to anyone who's willing to suggest anything!
20220311_172027.jpg

20220311_201310.jpg

Last edited by J-Bungle,

J-Bungle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anything new I find will be added here I think:
🔴 Didn't work
🟡 On the wrong track I think
🟢 Worked!!
___

Info

🟡Data Compression Algorithms of LARC and LHarc by Haruhiko Okumura

🟡LArc uses the same file format as .LZH, but was written by Kazuhiko Miki, Haruhiko Okumura and Ken Masuyama, with extension name ".LZS".[7] The program seems to have come before LZH. It uses a binary search tree in the LZ matching.

🟡Japanese page on Larc decompression/compression 😭😭

A list of file extensions and from there I got the info that .lzh is not what I'm looking for. It is not a .larc, but it may be some kind of archived document? Idk

___

Programs

🔴 I found program that allows you to see what's inside a larc file!! Okay so we're getting somewhere I think? (It wasn't the right program)

🟢I put the .larc files into Karameru (comes with Kuriimu) and I found .lexf files! That's the next step! Now... what are .lexf files...
___

Last edited by J-Bungle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7