GCN Using Gamecube ISOs on the Wii

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my friend and I were wondering if we found a Thousand Year Door ISO (if anyone had a link that would be v nice thank you) could we burn the image to a disc and use it on a Wii?

Otherwise if that didn't work could we use an SD card to transfer the game files?

Brav0

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You cannot burn it but you can put it on an SD or USB drive and use Nintendont (look it up, doesn't require any "hard" softmodding, I think it even supports wiimotes).

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So my friend and I were wondering if we found a Thousand Year Door ISO (if anyone had a link that would be v nice thank you) could we burn the image to a disc and use it on a Wii?

Otherwise if that didn't work could we use an SD card to transfer the game files?
You cannot burn it to a disc and use it on a Wii, as that is impossible. Howeber, if you have Homebrew and cIOSes installed, you can put it on an SD Card and use Nintendont to play it.

Reactions: SlashofaSword

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You cannot burn it but you can put it on an SD or USB drive and use Nintendont (look it up, doesn't require any "hard" softmodding, I think it even supports wiimotes).
You can play GC burns with cMIOS, but it's not really recommended anymore as Nintendont is far more convenient and has more features.

Is the Wii softmodded with a USB loader? If so you can use the same USB loader to play GC games from USB, but it might need to be updated and you'll need to download Nintendont and put it on the SD card.
If it's not softmodded yet, grab ModMii, it will guide you through the process, after that all you have to do is download Nintendont and put it on the SD card and enable it in your USB loader settings and it should just work. GC isos go in the "games" folder on USB IIRC, regular Wii games go in "wbfs", but you should use Wii Backup Manager to transfer Wii games and it will place them in the correct location and convert them to the correct format automatically. The HDD needs to be FAT32 formatted for GC games (32KB or 64KB cluster size preferred)

SlashofaSword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can play GC burns with cMIOS, but it's not really recommended anymore as Nintendont is far more convenient and has more features.

Is the Wii softmodded with a USB loader? If so you can use the same USB loader to play GC games from USB, but it might need to be updated and you'll need to download Nintendont and put it on the SD card.
If it's not softmodded yet, grab ModMii, it will guide you through the process, after that all you have to do is download Nintendont and put it on the SD card and enable it in your USB loader settings and it should just work. GC isos go in the "games" folder on USB IIRC, regular Wii games go in "wbfs", but you should use Wii Backup Manager to transfer Wii games and it will place them in the correct location and convert them to the correct format automatically. The HDD needs to be FAT32 formatted for GC games (32KB or 64KB cluster size preferred)

Thanks, I've never really modded any nintendo console but I know I should probably try. I'll use these!

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SlashofaSword

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat