Hacking Using previous Wii channels?

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I got a new (used) Wii since my old one completely died, and decided to hack it in order to recover as much games as I could, since the Wii-shop is just about to die off and I have most my games and all my channels backed-up, so my question is, is there a way to "enable" my saved channels to function again? I know there is a "key" linked to the console and the channel and unless both match, they can't be played, there is something similar in the 3DS where you just have to install said keys and viola.

I know you can install new ones and a ton more, but I just want to recover access to the ones I already have in my SD card, so is there an easy way to do this?

Also, sorry if this sounds noobish, but I just started on Wii hacking and the google searches I did yielded no results.

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you wanna hack your wii or something else? Since I did not understood correctly, please reply me

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have two Wii, one is broken, and very rarely turns on anymore, luckily I was able to get most of my channels and save data backed up in an SD card, now I have a new Wii which I already hacked, thing is, I can't seem to use or restore my backups from the SD card, is there a way to use this data or would I need to install everything from scratch?

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think your wii is the new wii so bootmii can be only installed as ios on new wiis. And i think that every wii have own nands and usable ios for itself so i suggest you to install everything from scratch.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii I bought is actually an old model, I mostly buyed it for GC support and Megaman 9 and 10, so far I've decided to install most things from scratch, however I found another problem, some of my previous save data can't be moved to the new Wii, I've read this is due to save-protection in games that connect to the internet, any way to bypass this?

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remove your internet connection in wii by going wii system settings, place data back and try again.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried what you told me, didn't work. It's not that the save data connects to the internet, it's just that games that connect have a special flag that prevents them to be copied back to the Wii, is there a way to remove this flag?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have two Wii, one is broken, and very rarely turns on anymore, luckily I was able to get most of my channels and save data backed up in an SD card, now I have a new Wii which I already hacked, thing is, I can't seem to use or restore my backups from the SD card, is there a way to use this data or would I need to install everything from scratch?
I think games copied to SD are encrypted with a per-console key, so unless you have a key dump from the old Wii or a BootMii NAND backup (which contains all the keys) you're probably out of luck there and will have to reinstall them.
The Wii I bought is actually an old model, I mostly buyed it for GC support and Megaman 9 and 10, so far I've decided to install most things from scratch, however I found another problem, some of my previous save data can't be moved to the new Wii, I've read this is due to save-protection in games that connect to the internet, any way to bypass this?
That one is easy, use Savegame Manager GX to restore them. Alternatively Priiloader has a "Disable nocopy flag" hack, but I'm not sure if that ignores the nocopy flag on import or simply prevents it from being added to exported saves, if it's the latter it won't help you in this case.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was under the impression that Savegame Manager GX needed the saves to have been previously exported using itself for me to be able to import them back into another system, I'll give it a look nonetheless.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was under the impression that Savegame Manager GX needed the saves to have been previously exported using itself for me to be able to import them back into another system, I'll give it a look nonetheless.
I'm pretty sure it supports multiple formats, both its own decrypted format and the official encrypted format.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried and found just some of my data, most which is not save-protected, however games like Megaman 9 or 10 I just find "content.bin" and can't copy or decrypt that, I'm sure I have the save data on my SD card, I can even attempt to move it, but the wii won't let me.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It doesn't give me an actual error code, it just tells me something like this: "This data can't be transferred to this wii console"(this was a translation)

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to bypass this? If not it's not that big of a deal honestly, I'm just curious more than anything

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have installed Priiloader, you can use "Disable nocopy flag" hack in Priiloader, I think that should work.

Bluespheal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've also tried that, as Jsbye said, that only seems to not place the flag while exporting, importing saves are still locked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/VKxOP02