Hacking Discussion Using SX Pro first time

chrisnasah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I will be getting my SX pro hopefully in next few days, can someone please guide me on how i should approach it?

It is currently on 4.1.0, do i first backup the nand and then do a firmware upgrade using the guide for not burning the fuses.

Anything else i should do before installing the SX?

Thanks

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First backup your nand (boot 0/1 and raw gpp). Then you use the rajkostos upgrade/downgrade method to update without burning fuses. And that's pretty much it... Don't forget to enable autorcm tho.

Reactions: chrisnasah

chrisnasah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First backup your nand (boot 0/1 and raw gpp). Then you use the rajkostos upgrade/downgrade method to update without burning fuses. And that's pretty much it... Don't forget to enable autorcm tho.

Any other reason for enabling autorcm other than not having to use a jig every time, i am concerned about the battery issues i read with enabling it.

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I will be getting my SX pro hopefully in next few days, can someone please guide me on how i should approach it?

It is currently on 4.1.0, do i first backup the nand and then do a firmware upgrade using the guide for not burning the fuses.

Anything else i should do before installing the SX?

Thanks
Check to see if whatever game you are upgrading to 5.1 for actually needs it. You might be able to just use this method and play on 4.1:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-ns...e-reinx-hactool-tinfoil-extracted-nsp.512921/

Reactions: chrisnasah

chrisnasah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks i dont believe i will need to upgrade for now for the games i am looking to play hence might stick with 4.1.0 unless i need to in the future.

I guess upgrading without burning fuses can be done in future without having to go online which is what i would be looking to do until there is a safer method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol