ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

amitgeva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
question, what will be the shiny odds for every option there is? I dont know how to do the math thingy with precentages, I kinda bad at precentages

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
question, what will be the shiny odds for every option there is? I dont know how to do the math thingy with precentages, I kinda bad at precentages
you can use pk3DS which I generated these shiny rate patch ips from, it only require extracting exefs folder from your game in godmode9, you don't have to rip anything from an installed game, you can even mount a 3ds or cia and extract anything from these.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

amitgeva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
you can use pk3DS which I generated these shiny rate patch ips from, it only require extracting exefs folder from your game in godmode9, you don't have to rip anything from an installed game, you can even mount a 3ds or cia and extract anything from these.
welp, for some reason the PK3DS doesnt want to do that because my EXEFS is problometic

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can more than one patch be used at the same time?? And what's the QR code good for? Where do we scan QR codes at?
  1. Read the instructions on the main post. It's (almost) impossible to screw up.
  2. QR scanning (found in the in-game menu) lets you use Island Scan, giving access to a total of 28 Pokémon not native to Alola, including starters from other regions. They rotate each day, for 7 Pokémon on each island that cycle throughout the week. However, it can only be used once per day (a cooldown, as it were), meaning it would take four weeks to get all 28 Pokémon. The QR scanning cooldown patch allows you to use Island Scan as many times per day as you want.
Additionally, the QR injection patch lets you use QR codes from PKHeX to inject generated Pokémon directly into your game.

Reactions: Sonansune

j0hnnyj0hns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Read the instructions on the main post. It's (almost) impossible to screw up.
  2. QR scanning (found in the in-game menu) lets you use Island Scan, giving access to a total of 28 Pokémon not native to Alola, including starters from other regions. They rotate each day, for 7 Pokémon on each island that cycle throughout the week. However, it can only be used once per day (a cooldown, as it were), meaning it would take four weeks to get all 28 Pokémon. The QR scanning cooldown patch allows you to use Island Scan as many times per day as you want.
Additionally, the QR injection patch lets you use QR codes from PKHeX to inject generated Pokémon directly into your game.

Okay awesome thank you very much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay awesome thank you very much

Can this be done on MacOS??

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be done on MacOS??
I don't have a Mac, so I couldn't tell you—someone else probably has better instructions and can help you when they check out the thread—but you can give it a shot. You'll need Python installed, then just follow the first set of instructions, using Terminal in place of cmd. If you find a file named "code.ips" in the same folder as all the patches you want, it worked, and that's the file merged from the patches you chose.

Hallowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as python is installed just rename the file with .py and right click it to make sure it opens in python. Terminal pops up with some dialogue and there while be a code.ips mixed in with the other ips files you wanted.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issues with the scripted Ultra Beast fight at the Aether Paradise.
- Catch Trainers' Pokemon crashes immediately.
- No outlines causes a ton of visual glitches.
EDIT:
Here have some screenshots of the second issue:
000f2a147f.bmp
4f3b5e244a.bmp

Last edited by XavyrrVaati,

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
I see patches, I press Like.

OT
I laughed so hard = 15. Catch Trainer's Pokemon
I just caught my opponent's Pokemon xD

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Shiny pokemon appear too frequently with the shiny unlocker, and I don't seem to be able to keep their shiny status after being caught... what's up with that?

Last edited by Jayro,

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiny pokemon appear too frequently with the shiny unlocker, and I don't seem to be able to keep their shiny status after being caught... what's up with that?
every single trainer pokemon becomes shiny as well as guaranteeing anything that was shiny locked is now shiny too it seems.

Reactions: Jayro

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
every single trainer pokemon becomes shiny as well as guaranteeing anything that was shiny locked is now shiny too it seems.
I think he is referring to a Shiny Pokemon loses it's shiny status after being caught.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he is referring to a Shiny Pokemon loses it's shiny status after being caught.
I know I was just pointing out other presumably unintentional effects the patch seems to have. Unless removing shiny lock is supposed to make every trainer have all shinies/guarantee previously locked mons will now be 100% shiny. I haven't noticed whether they lose their shiny though yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: